IFC Stockport's Ben Eastwood Excited Ahead Of Hometown Tussle

deanparr

This Friday night at UCC 4: 'County Carnage' in Stockport, Ben Eastwood (0-1) will partake in his second Professional outing, as he takes on Nick Grundy of Kombat Sports in the Welterweight division. In anticipation of this, 'The Beast' is excited.

A quote or two :)

"I'm looking forward to it a lot," he enthused. "The last time I fought for the UCC, I let myself down a bit, so this is my redemption fight.

"I've got a lot of support this time," flowed Ben. "Usually, I'm fighting all over the country, but this is a lot closer. I've sold a lot of tickets and Eden [Newton] who fights out of my club has sold a lot as well, so there'll be a lot of people there supporting us."

"I'm explosive, I'm always good on the walk in and I get the crowd going," he asserted. "I show no fear. In that Cohoon fight, I went straight for him, and I don't mess about; I go straight for it. Eden's the same as me as well. We just love to fight and we get in there and give it our all.

"I'm going to try and stand and bang for the people that have come to watch me, depending on how my hand holds up. Obviously, if I get any problems with my hand, then I'm not going to stand there and take any damage, but touch wood, if my hand holds up, it'll be a bit of a brawl on the feet."

Read the full interview here: http://britmma.co.uk/#/ifc-stock-ben-eastwood-excited/4544872821

Archived