Bas Rutten willing to train BJ Penn

Dan_Hardy_

MMBB: Speaking of B.J., after seeing him get dominated twice Vs. Frankie Edgar, do you think it?s time for a change in training or teams for Penn?

Bas: I truly believe so, I open a new gym and gonna spend a lot of time there. I am open to have BJ there, I am 100 % sure I can make him even better, he learns fast and I see a lot of stuff he can work on.

http://www.mondaymorningblackbelt.com/?p=818

I love how BJ ****boys will go to any length to diminish his losses :)

Face the facts' date=' your boys best days are behind him.[/quote']

Maybe your right but Bj Penn's prime is already HOF and he has had more exciting and challenging fights than Frankie Edgar with his 90% decision win record vs guys that arent even close to the rockstars Bj Penn has fought. Bj Penn stabilized the LW division and Frankie Edgar will unstablize it becuase he isnt going to be champ very long. Bj Penn said it best, Frankie has coaches that have me read to the que and really this fight is me vs. Frankie's coach.

I reported you for your language.

Bj Penn wasnt dominated. He lost 2 decisions in which he was never stunned' date=' dropped, threatened, near submitted. He pretty much chased an agile athlete for 50 minutes[/quote']

Yeah, he chased him like a man with a stick chasing a tank. BJ didn't look like he was able to threaten Edgar with anything.

Bj Penn wasnt dominated. He lost 2 decisions in which he was never stunned' date=' dropped, threatened, near submitted. He pretty much chased an agile athlete for 50 minutes[/quote']

He wasnt dominated in the first fight but he was in the second fight. I am a huge Baby Jay fan but at least I can admit when he is outclassed in a fight and he was in Edgar/Penn 2.

Maybe your right but Bj Penn's prime is already HOF and he has had more exciting and challenging fights than Frankie Edgar with his 90% decision win record vs guys that arent even close to the rockstars Bj Penn has fought. Bj Penn stabilized the LW division and Frankie Edgar will unstablize it becuase he isnt going to be champ very long. Bj Penn said it best' date=' Frankie has coaches that have me read to the que and really this fight is me vs. Frankie's coach.

I reported you for your language.[/quote']

HAHA you got that pissed! You had to report him! I pitty people like you, seriously why defend BJ so much, you are just some random dude on the internet. Btw BJ Penn did get dominated by Frankie Edgar.

YOU MAD I just had to write it..

In the first fight BJ landed more strikes and was only TD once

IN the second fight Edgar landed more strikes and again had only one TD more than BJ.

If you combine both fights BJ landed more significant strikes whereas Edgar landed more insignficant strikes. TD were 4-2 combined fights.

The first fight BJ controlled the fight and should have won the fight hence the immeidate rematch.

the second fight BJ was outclassed. ALthough he didnt take any damage there was a huge difference in striking and pace.

IMO BJ is teh better fighter however he does need some new leadership that can convince him of using a gameplan rather than just counter striking the whole fight. If Bj used his amazing Boxing to set up his even better grappling every fight would be Tapout or KO. Right now BJ just wants to KO everyone and doesnt take advantage of his superior BJJ.

He has the opposite mindset of GSP.

He was completely dominated. Bj lost all 10 rounds easily.

Bj was outclassed by the champion Frankie Edgar!!!!

the first time i did'nt agree with the decision to me B.J won that one , but in the second fight B.J got totally dominated dont know what u were watching dude

Even if he trained with Bas what would Bas add to Penn, Better conditioning no doubt, Implementing more kicks into his game. All due respect to Bas but that's not enough.

He needs more speed, footwork and actually setting up takedowns off of his strikes.

He needs to mix it up more and have the cardio to push the pace to break people.

He also needs better training partners and a whole new camp that can come up with better strategies and good advise for in fight adjustments.

I think he should take up the Blackhouse offer.

the first time i did'nt agree with the decision to me B.J won that one ' date=' but in the second fight B.J got totally dominated dont know what u were watching dude[/quote']

Bj Penn was never, Dropped, Stunned, Threatened, near submitted, or anything that would involve a finish. If you can show me even a split second where Bj was in danger of being finished then i rescind what i say. The truth is Frankie had Bj's number and was able to win 2 decisions. Some people might say that its harder for LW's to finish fights but that is untrue. Bj is proof of this and so are many fighters in the LW division. Frankie has so many decision wins under his belt that it is difficult to guess if he will have any exciting fights.

as with every bj penn loss he was far more talented than his opponent frank did a standing lay and pray (im not sure what u call it) but he pretty much just stayed out of range and did just enough to win in terms of points but edgar had zero chance of finishing penn. that being said just like anyone who wins by lay and pray frank did deserve to win and bj has no one to blame but himself

While getting peppered with punches and kicks, taken down and all while showing zero offense of his own. ie: he was dominated.

Archived