NFL wants to suspend players for hard hits

juice64011

So the NFL wants to suspend players for helmet to helmet or violent hits. I am all for players safety but they are limiting the defense too much. 3 out of the 4 hits this weekend that hurt someone were legal.

Also you can't celebrate at all anymore. Jared Allen got warned that he would be penalized for doing his calf roping celebration that he has been doing for 7 years now. During the celebration he puts one knee on the ground and it's illegal to do a celebration while on the ground. You have to be ****ing kidding me.

We might as well change the name to NFFL (National Flag Football League) and get a bunch of 16 year old girls to play the game.

So the NFL wants to suspend players for helmet to helmet or violent hits. I am all for players safety but they are limiting the defense too much. 3 out of the 4 hits this weekend that hurt someone were legal.

Also you can't celebrate at all anymore. Jared Allen got warned that he would be penalized for doing his calf roping celebration that he has been doing for 7 years now. During the celebration he puts one knee on the ground and it's illegal to do a celebration while on the ground. You have to be ****ing kidding me.

We might as well change the name to NFFL (National Flag Football League) and get a bunch of 16 year old girls to play the game.

I agree the NFL has gone way to far with all of the rules they have. However, I am for putting in a rule against headshots, because if people are getting severely injured every week, it will take away from the game because many good players in this league with get career ending injuries. The celebration rules and that other stuff is all a bunch of BS, but I think it is a good idea to try to keep people safe from head hunting.

I understand that they are trying to make it safe but sometimes a player is going for a legal tackle and the offensive player drops his head and there is incidental contact. I see a lot of BS suspensions coming from this.

Out of the hits this week Harrison for the Steelers should not be fined or suspended also the Falcons player that hit Desean Jackson shouldn't be either. Yes he launched at Jackson but I don't believe that it was an intentional helmet to helmet hit. He was just trying to put a good hit on him that knocked both players out of the game. Brandon Meriweather from the Patriots should be fined for his hit on Todd Heap.

I'd only be in favor of suspending players for hits if it looked like they were intentionally trying to injure a player, like spiking a QB on his head or trying to launch themselves like a dart in the air to go helmet-to-helmet, and even then maybe only suspend them if it was a second offense or if they injured the other player.

now this i like :)

Archived