Frank Shamrock: Dana White Is Not A Good Representative Of MMA

uedamasa

http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/10/frank-shamrock-dana-white-is-not-a-good-representative-of-mma

?The face of our sport is Dana White and out here in conservative New York, the way people think, bald-headed, tattoo?d, swearing people are just not a good representative of our brand and unfortunately people think that Dana White speaks for MMA, and they?re confused, They don?t know he speaks for the UFC. They think he speaks for the entire sport and [they think] the entire sport is made up of Dana Whites.

I don?t think it?s all on him, but we?re entering a new era of social media and Dana is a very outspoken figure in every way, mostly with the f-bomb and all that. I?m a martial artist. To me, the art is the most important thing. I don?t get the same thing from Dana, that?s all.

I don?t believe that Dana White is a martial artist, I don?t see a martial way that he is following.

In no uncertain terms, what [New York politicians] have said is, ?The appearance of the sport is something we?re not ready for,? and the appearance of the sport is Dana White and the UFC because no one else has been here in the media and explain it and has credibility, who?s done it,

I know what the art is and I?m here to represent it, I think that?s all we need. We need a different face.?

Honestly i dont see the problem, i'd much rather him then anyone else out there. Its true that he swears a little, but i dont see the big problem in that. I mean, its a fighting sport. Not pony racing, i think it'd be a shame if he wasent how he is today.

This coming form a member of what could be the worst commentating team in history of anything. High school basketball teams have better commentators.

Strikeforce commentators are what is holding back Strikeforce. I can't watch it, because I can't stand that one guy who changes his voice to sound more commentatorish, meanwhile he just sounds like a phony ******.

Honestly i dont see the problem' date=' i'd much rather him then anyone else out there. Its true that he swears a little, but i dont see the big problem in that. I mean, its a fighting sport. Not pony racing, i think it'd be a shame if he wasent how he is today.[/quote']

Exactly... his brash personality is what has gotten the UFC and MMA legalized in most states and around the world. If the person that had taken over the UFC was a Harvard business man, then it would have failed immediately. They needed someone to speak for the sport and about the sport. He may come off kind of harsh but he is passionate about his product. All great business men come off as arrogant and brash.

The whole not being allowed to swear thing is stupid ****. Even the fact I can't swear here is ****ing ********. The constitution states I can say what I want, but ****ty moms with fat babies decide they are the ones the entire realm of media has to work around. Why not them just working around the media if parents want their kids in a pretend world where certain words don't exist?

Are these really words just ruining man kind? Or is the real threat to man kind censorship, and the idea that other people can decide what kind of sounds can come out of your mouth because they might offend someone. The vibrations travelling from your mouth into open air, or the black dots forming letters and words could offend people. That's ****ing retarded.

The whole not being allowed to swear thing is stupid ****. Even the fact I can't swear here is ****ing ********. The constitution states I can say what I want' date=' but ****ty moms with fat babies decide they are the ones the entire realm of media has to work around. Why not them just working around the media if parents want their kids in a pretend world where certain words don't exist?

Are these really words just ruining man kind? Or is the real threat to man kind censorship, and the idea that other people can decide what kind of sounds can come out of your mouth because they might offend someone. The vibrations travelling from your mouth into open air, or the black dots forming letters and words could offend people. That's ****ing retarded.[/quote']

+1... War on Censorship

Archived