Condit is a great fighter but lets be realistic

guesswho

He has a weak takedown defense and i believe lost his UFC debut to takedowns. His groundgame is solid but a wrestler with a point plan or greg jackson can pull of the decision on him. Condit reminds me of the Diaz brothers...he is a superior fighter but his weak defense against wrestlers can cause him decisions. Nate has lost back to back to wrestlers and Nick was released from the UFC for back to back to back loses to wrestlers and a judo man.

I like Condit but until the rules change to not highly favor wrestlers or the human shape evolves where to flimsy legs dont hold most of our body weight...i just see fighters like Condit,Diaz Bros,Bj Penn,Rampage put on the shelf and being obscure while wrestlers like Rashad,Chael,Maynard,GSP,Fitch,Koscheck continue to excel in the limelight of the UFC

no because the OP was pointing out how Jackson's camp tries to only outpoint fighters

The Jackson point plan doesnt stop at Condit. Jackson already implemented that style in the minds of all wrestlers in Condits division whether they are his students or not.

Condit is not going to implement a Jackson point plan because Condit doesnt have the style for it. Hence Dan Hardy and Hence Why GSP took 5 rounds. Different styles, see?

i like GSP but man is getting tuff to pay 50 dollars to see him hold a guy for 5 round ala Fitch boring, what happen to the GSP that was able to strike i agree when people say hes ok with lay&pray now . is like he dont want to take a chance and end up flat on his a*s like in hes fight with Serra but thats part of the fighting game and if u not ready to take that chance to put it all on the line then a quit fighting ..... much better to be known to put great fights win or lose than just hold and opponet down and just outpoint them for the win how that prove u the best ! does not...

i like GSP but man is getting tuff to pay 50 dollars to see him hold a guy for 5 round ala Fitch boring' date=' what happen to the GSP that was able to strike i agree when people say hes ok with lay&pray now . is like he dont want to take a chance and end up flat on his a*s like in hes fight with Serra but thats part of the fighting game and if u not ready to take that chance to put it all on the line then a quit fighting ..... much better to be known to put great fights win or lose than just hold and opponet down and just outpoint them for the win how that prove u the best ! does not...[/quote']

oh ya he clearly laid on Fitch......

JonFitch_0133.jpg

i like GSP but man is getting tuff to pay 50 dollars to see him hold a guy for 5 round ala Fitch boring' date=' what happen to the GSP that was able to strike i agree when people say hes ok with lay&pray now . is like he dont want to take a chance and end up flat on his a*s like in hes fight with Serra but thats part of the fighting game and if u not ready to take that chance to put it all on the line then a quit fighting ..... much better to be known to put great fights win or lose than just hold and opponet down and just outpoint them for the win how that prove u the best ! does not...[/quote']

Fitch vs GSP was a good fight , i dont know how u can said it was boring .

+1' date=' These guys need to stick to K-1 or Boxing, because to complain about wrestlers shows that they have no clue about the evolution of MMA.[/quote']

Yet another clueless post. Wrestlers dominating are not a sign of "the evolution of MMA", they are a sign of people taking advantage of the evolution of MMA rules in North America. Theres a big ****ing difference...

Most people complaining about lay and pray are not complaining about the wrestlers as much as the scoring system that has BJJ artists scared to pull guard because it may be scored as a takedown for the other guy and he can outpoint you simply by being on top of you...

I watch ADCC and other grappling competitions, I enjoy the ground game alot. I dont enjoy watching Maynard, Rashad (lately) or some of the other wet blankets but to say this makes me any less of an mma fan is a ****ing joke.

Go watch wrestling if you want to see people try to outpoint each other. I like fighters that come to fight, to finish people, whether by submission or ko...

Carlos Condit has finished 25/26 of his matches. 12 by knockout, 13 by submission. Thats the sort of fighter that I like to watch.

Yet another clueless post. Wrestlers dominating are not a sign of "the evolution of MMA"' date=' they are a sign of people taking advantage of the evolution of MMA rules in North America. Theres a big ****ing difference...

Most people complaining about lay and pray are not complaining about the wrestlers as much as the scoring system that has BJJ artists scared to pull guard because it may be scored as a takedown for the other guy and he can outpoint you simply by being on top of you...

I watch ADCC and other grappling competitions, I enjoy the ground game alot. I dont enjoy watching Maynard, Rashad (lately) or some of the other wet blankets but to say this makes me any less of an mma fan is a ****ing joke.

Go watch wrestling if you want to see people try to outpoint each other. I like fighters that come to fight, to finish people, whether by submission or ko...

Carlos Condit has finished 25/26 of his matches. 12 by knockout, 13 by submission. Thats the sort of fighter that I like to watch.[/quote']

Amen to that

Yet another clueless post. Wrestlers dominating are not a sign of "the evolution of MMA"' date=' they are a sign of people taking advantage of the evolution of MMA rules in North America. Theres a big ****ing difference...

Carlos Condit has finished 25/26 of his matches. 12 by knockout, 13 by submission. Thats the sort of fighter that I like to watch.[/quote']

One of the best posts I?ve seen on the forum. I 100% agree, the current scoring system favours top position way, way too much. We?ve seen guys take a beating whilst in someone else guard, but the judges don?t look at it like that.

It?s not just north America anymore. A lot of British and European fighters learn some forum of take down to try and steal rounds and it makes for some boring fights with the last minute or so clinching to try and get the takedown.

Fitch vs GSP was a good fight ' date=' i dont know how u can said it was boring .[/quote']

that fight yeah , he beat the crap out of Fitch and i dont like Fitch but i was impress with the amount of punishment he was able to take...im talking recently i was'nt talking of that fight by ala Fitch i ment like Fitch win fights lay&pray is boring

Good post. I do like the wrestling aspect in a lot of ways though. Everybody loves it when a wrestler gets on top of somebody and TKO's them. It happens a lot but it just goes unsaid. Also, if the wrestling aspect was not there,. the whole sport would change. I am not for lay n pray at all. Maybe the refs just need to be sticklers about inflicting damage or advancing position. More stand ups.

You got me all wrong, perhaps it was my fault, I should have been more clear. I don't like the wet blanket technique any more than you. My point about the evolution of MMA, points to MMA being the melting pot of fighting styles. Wrestling is here to stay, if you don't like geting taken down then the learn some TDD. Most of the coments I see about wrestlers, isn't complaining about the point system. It's spewing hate for the fighter. I agree that the point system is a joke. But, why complain about something that you can't control. So that's why I say, if you don't like wrestling, then why are you watching MMA.

You got me all wrong' date=' perhaps it was my fault, I should have been more clear. I don't like the wet blanket technique any more than you. My point about the evolution of MMA, points to MMA being the melting pot of fighting styles. Wrestling is here to stay, if you don't like geting taken down then the learn some TDD. Most of the coments I see about wrestlers, isn't complaining about the point system. It's spewing hate for the fighter. I agree that the point system is a joke. But, why complain about something that you can't control. So that's why I say, if you don't like wrestling, then why are you watching MMA.[/quote']

Wrestling will always be a major factor of MMA because it is a control style. Nobody with intelligent forum posts has ever said remove wrestling. Since MMA is not about finding out who is the better fighter but the better stylist, the rules desperatly need an overhaul so things like legs kicks, knee counters to shoots, and strikes from your back are more valued. They should also standup any takedown that leads to small punching for more than a minute from the full or open guard and half guard.

One of the best posts I?ve seen on the forum. I 100% agree' date=' the current scoring system favours top position way, way too much. We?ve seen guys take a beating whilst in someone else guard, but the judges don?t look at it like that.

It?s not just north America anymore. A lot of British and European fighters learn some forum of take down to try and steal rounds and it makes for some boring fights with the last minute or so clinching to try and get the takedown.[/quote']

Its an education process that will take time, but it is happening. Big John McCarthy has been visiting various places that sanction MMA doing his training course. They showed some of it on MMA Connected here in Canada and one of the things John was discussing in the clip was properly recognizing who exactly is pushing the fight. He was showing examples of where a guy on the bottom is the one pushing the fight, threatening the guy on top with submission attempts and that just because someone is on top does not mean they are "winning". Hopefully over time this education process will have filtered through all of the judges and referees and we'll see better scoring and officiating.

Archived