Glass Jaws - lets end this once and for all

lucky_man

I need help in trying to understand something.

If someone is knocked out, does that automatically mean that they have a weak/glass jaw?

Let me tell you what I think, I think that the endless number of trolls/wwe fans/10 year olds on this forum link a KO with a glass jaw regardless of the facts that surround the KO

Example - Bisping circles towards a well known hand of stone, leaps like a salmon into the hand of stone that is at that exact moment been thrown at 200mph towards Bispings chin, hand of stone hits flush, Bisping goes to sleep trolls/wwe fans/10 year olds yell GLASS JAW!

Now what i want to know is, do you really, really believe that Bisping has a glass jaw? Even though he has had no KO losses before or after, even though Hendo could put to sleep nearly any man on the planet with that right had, even though Bisping walked straight into it - you REALLY REALLY believe that he has a glass jaw?

You may call me sensitive to this issue, maybe more so since the same thing happened to Hardy, I am just curious as to trying to work out what the situatuon is with people on this forum. Is it trolling, is it me that is wrong or do people not really understand?

I do think that there are fighters that have jaw issues - Chuck (of late) as an example but is this the same as a fighter that gets caught flush with a huge booming punch such as Bisping or Hardy.

Is it the fact that they are UK fighters? Is it an easy thing to call out when they have been KTFO? Do people really believe that it is something to do with where they are born?????

Please help me out forum - I am losing faith in this site as the number of posters with an understanding of the sport seems to be rapidly on the decline - please re-new my faith.

Do not worry... There are a few intelligent people on this forum. Unfortunately, you have to dig through the hundreds of horrible posts by idiots to find them. I completely agree that 1 KO does not mean you have a glass jaw. People just bring up Bisping and Hardy's "1" KO each because they are trying to make some sort of UK sux pitch; which is completely off. I personally cannot stand Bisping - I for some reason don't like him - but to say he has a glass jaw is ridiculous. He has been rocked a few times and like you said, KO'ed by a man that can KO almost any fighter on the planet (especially when they circle directly into his power hand). However, as has been pointed out in the million other threads about this, EVERYONE gets rocked and KO'ed from time to time. Sometimes, you just get caught, or as Hardy put it "I got punched in the face." (BTW, I did not like Hardy before the fight but after showing his class after losing really showed the character he has). The only time I would say that someone has a glass jaw is if they get KO'ed every time they walk in the ring... i.e. Chuck in his last many fights. But whether it is born into the fighter or you can train to have a stronger chin is up for debate. That is one that I cannot respond on without making something up. However, try googling it and see if you can find out. Maybe I'll do that right now.

More often than not I would imagine it is just posters trying to get a rise from the fans of fighters who have just been knocked out. Those who are quick to take the bait are just as much to blame for this as those trying to get people to bite.

Oh, and for the record, please tell me you are not serious with that whole "200mph punch" thing? You really are just opening yourself up for some pretty deserved flaming with an outlandish claim like that.

If someone is knocked out' date=' does that automatically mean that they have a weak/glass jaw?

Let me tell you what I think, I think that the endless number of trolls/wwe fans/10 year olds on this forum link a KO with a glass jaw regardless of the facts that surround the KO

Example - Bisping circles towards a well known hand of stone, leaps like a salmon into the hand of stone that is at that exact moment been thrown at 200mph towards Bispings chin, hand of stone hits flush, Bisping goes to sleep trolls/wwe fans/10 year olds yell GLASS JAW!

Now what i want to know is, do you really, really believe that Bisping has a glass jaw? Even though he has had no KO losses before or after, even though Hendo could put to sleep nearly any man on the planet with that right had, even though Bisping walked straight into it - you REALLY REALLY believe that he has a glass jaw?

You may call me sensitive to this issue, maybe more so since the same thing happened to Hardy, I am just curious as to trying to work out what the situatuon is with people on this forum. Is it trolling, is it me that is wrong or do people not really understand?

I do think that there are fighters that have jaw issues - Chuck (of late) as an example but is this the same as a fighter that gets caught flush with a huge booming punch such as Bisping or Hardy.

Is it the fact that they are UK fighters? Is it an easy thing to call out when they have been KTFO? Do people really believe that it is something to do with where they are born?????

Please help me out forum - I am losing faith in this site as the number of posters with an understanding of the sport seems to be rapidly on the decline - please re-new my faith.[/quote']

IMO I do not think that they have glass chins. 99% of the people on this planet would of been ko'd by those shots. And I'm not saying this because I like Hardy or bisbing, cause I don't. But I do know that they are top level fighters. Just a lot of people dislike them so they automatically say that type of thing.

More often than not I would imagine it is just posters trying to get a rise from the fans of fighters who have just been knocked out. Those who are quick to take the bait are just as much to blame for this as those trying to get people to bite.

Oh' date=' and for the record, please tell me you are not serious with that whole "200mph punch" thing? You really are just opening yourself up for some pretty deserved flaming with an outlandish claim like that.[/quote']

He also didnt actually leap like a salmon and hendos hands arent actually made of stone but hey, if you want to pick up on the 200mph thing then go for your life - i am exagerating a point with the aim of getting over a message - if that gets flamed then I am afraid that my request for faith to be restored is clearly not going to happen

He also didnt actually leap like a salmon and hendos hands arent actually made of stone but hey' date=' if you want to pick up on the 200mph thing then go for your life - i am exagerating a point with the aim of getting over a message - if that gets flamed then I am afraid that my request for faith to be restored is clearly not going to happen[/quote']

Oh, well in that case, perhaps all these posters who annoy you by using the term "glass chin / jaw" are just exaggertating too?

Just saying that if you are trying to make a point, be objective in doing so, and not exaggerate, otherwise it belittles your arguement, and in turn the point you are trying to make.

Oh' date=' well in that case, perhaps all these posters who annoy you [b']by using the term "glass chin / jaw" are just exaggertating too?[/b]

Just saying that if you are trying to make a point, be objective in doing so, and not exaggerate, otherwise it belittles your arguement, and in turn the point you are trying to make.

without realising you may have got the answer - they dont actually believe it, they are just trolling/exagerating etc.

Appreciate you answering the question whilst dishing out advice - it takes some doing to actually build someone up and knock them down at the same time - good work

Why do people assume a glass jaw is a bad thing? It could be toughened glass and not easy to break. Hell it could be bullet proof glass.

If I was mocking someone for having a weak jaw i'd call it a cracker jaw or something. They break a lot easier than glass.

I can already see the flames for that one...

If someone is knocked out' date=' does that automatically mean that they have a weak/glass jaw?

Please help me out forum - I am losing faith in this site as the number of posters with an understanding of the sport seems to be rapidly on the decline - please re-new my faith.[/quote']

agree.. thank you for this. Well said. Somone posted earlier that they think UK fighters are all born with glass jaws...glass jaws dont exist. If anyone gets caught in the right spot hard enough there going to be taking a nap. Machida, liddell, rashad are not from the UK they've been Ko'd and I dont think they have glass jaws. Just got caught. It happens.

Let's get one thing straight. There are punches and there are punches. A hook is one of boxing's power punches. If it lands on the right spot the torque of the punch will twist the head without much resistance from the few muscles preventing this motion. It's the most effective KO punch because of it's abillity to negate musclemass. Brock would crumble under a perfect hook but can take straight punches all day long. Because of this you see notoriously difficult to ko fighters go down from what looks like light blows. The further out on the chin you land the more torque and damage it creates. We can make a long list of hook damaged fighters. Recently Nick Diaz damaged Noons with a short light hook and noons can take alot of damage.

hey i get it is a lot of ignorance out there is stupid to think that all brit's got glass jaws i dont like Bisping as a fighter but thats my right but agree anybody hit with that punch would have been KO the same for Hardy after the Condit fight i dont think he has a glass jaw. hes good fighter just was'nt his night

Refer to my thread to see a list of the glass chins in MMA

Its called Glass Chins!!!!! And its on the first page ! Enjoy x x x

You are the man that I am chasing - end the question - do you really believe that they have glass jaws, or are you trolling, or do you not understand - I dont mind which one it is, please just tell me so that I know in the future

Cheers ta

You are the man that I am chasing - end the question - do you really believe that they have glass jaws' date=' or are you trolling, or do you not understand - I dont mind which one it is, please just tell me so that I know in the future

Cheers ta[/quote']

Ahh well I am not an idiot or a retard or anything else people think I would say I am a quite intellectual poster and you will get to know that after a few months I'm sure a few people would vouch I know my stuff!

My whole thread was made up on Sunday morning after three or four. Dan Hardys glass chin threads revealed themselves!

The whole point if the thread was to show people how stupid they were being in saying that someone who has been kod t kod once int there career do not have glass chins!

So I listed several fighters known for there chins and that ahave only been kod tkod a small amount of times in there long careers! Thus by getting people to hate on me I drew out a few of the people claiming dan hardy has a glass chin , complaining about my list of fighters !

I few people knew exactly what I was doing but a lot did not there fore I received some hate!

The whole purpose of my thread was to show how some people sound stupid by saying what they have said!

And I knew I was gonna get hate and I'm ok with it plus I'm bumping the thread cause I keep catching people out and I find it funny being hated and so on but if you did read through the thread I did say this but a lot of people have just read the first post instead of the whole thing

You are the man that I am chasing - end the question - do you really believe that they have glass jaws' date=' or are you trolling, or do you not understand - I dont mind which one it is, please just tell me so that I know in the future

Cheers ta[/quote']

Read the thread, it really is quite obvious.

p.s He's mocking all the idiots that actually think fighters he mentions have weak chins / jaws.

Read the thread' date=' it really is quite obvious.

p.s He's mocking all the idiots that actually think fighters he mentions have weak chins / jaws.[/quote']

My fault for not reading his thread but i deliberately kept away from it in order that I wasnt seen to be on some sort of crusade regarding glass jaws - I know Cayne is a decent poster as I have been a reader of these forums for a looooong time but only recently decided to put my opinion forward.

I really am just trying to find out what people really think about this

Dont want to fall out with anyone, especially posters that have something decent to say

For the record' date=' Clay Guida would have taken both the punches from Hendo and Condit and simply burped, shook his mane, and carried on pushing forward.

Maybe everyone else would have been KO'd by those punches, but not The Carpenter.

True story.[/quote']

I would have to agree. LOL.

Bisping did get knocked down at the end of the W. Silva fight as well, but i don't agree with the "Glass Jaw" term, however it seems the more old fighters get, that it is a little easier for them to get knocked out. Could be from fractures, them feeling too comfortable, or else they just get clean shots every time. But still, 4oz gloves, and with the strength and conditioning these days, everyone has a big chance of getting plastered.

Knockouts are bad for the brain. Thats a fact.

Along with wear and tear they DO take a toll on the chin over time.

With Liddell it all started with one knockout from Rampage

Since being humiliated and raped by Machida Rashad has been getting rocked left and right with everything that touches his chin

You see evidence of chins degrading throuh Liddell Big Nog and now Rashad, even though Rashad never really had a great chin to begin with

p.s To the guy on the first page,

A chin is something your born with.

Archived