Junior Dos Santos weighs in on Lesnar vs Velasquez (VIDEO)

The_Power

Junior Dos Santos' date=' who is next in line for a UFC heavyweight title shot, weighs in on Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez, the fight that determines his next opponent

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=12922&zoneid=13

It doesn't matter who wins out of Brock and Cain because the winner is going to get stomped by that man.

I think that Brock would be an easier opponent for JDS' date=' because - as we saw in the Carwin fight - you can overwhelm him with dominant striking. Whereas Cain is too good a striker to get dominated by JDS.[/quote']

he got dominated by Kongo striking so i have no idea where you came up with that.

I think that Brock would be an easier opponent for JDS' date=' because - as we saw in the Carwin fight - you can overwhelm him with dominant striking. Whereas Cain is too good a striker to get dominated by JDS.[/quote']

Cain would be shooting for a TD faster than he did against Kongo. Anyone who thinks Cain has great striking has been buying into UFC hype instead of watching him fight...

If he tried to strike with JDS he would be on his back in the first 2 minutes.

I love the wreslting comment.

JDS: Thats why I stayed in the US for four days, to work on my wrestling.

4 days? I know that JDS is a beast but he should have left the number of days out of his answer. spending a few weeks here and there isnt gonna help against either Brock or Caine. Just like Lesnar boxing for a few months isnt going to make him a KO machine or very comfortable striking.

Not so sure about the "Caine is too good a striker" comment.

He is a good fighter and pushes the pace hwoever I wouldnt say he is a striker or a good striker. he is a good wrestler who can mix up punches and kicks. more of a GnP than striker with above average stand up defense.

JDS: Thats why I stayed in the US for four days' date=' to work on my wrestling.

[b']4 days[/b]? I know that JDS is a beast but he should have left the number of days out of his answer. spending a few weeks here and there isnt gonna help against either Brock or Caine. Just like Lesnar boxing for a few months isnt going to make him a KO machine or very comfortable striking.

He said 40 days, and that means he has been training nothing but wrestling for 40 days in the usa, and you can guarentee that he is training wrestling like crazy back home in brazil aswell.

I don't understand what makes anyone think Cains cardio is a big advatnage. When has brock ever seemed like cardio was a factor. Just because a fighter doesn't go to the 5th round doesn't mean he can't. Not to mention Brock has dieted properly which means a healthier stronger fighter. JDS is probably wanting Cain to win for the simple fact that Cain will stand and bang. Knowing this JDS is couting on his superior striking to KO Cain which he probably feels is more accomplishable then KO'ing brock. IMO

JDS: Thats why I stayed in the US for four days' date=' to work on my wrestling.

4 days? I know that JDS is a beast but he should have left the number of days out of his answer. spending a few weeks here and there isnt gonna help against either Brock or Caine. Just like Lesnar boxing for a few months isnt going to make him a KO machine or very comfortable striking.[/quote']

I know it dont make a difference but i dont know if he said 4 or 40. 40 seems more reasonable

training 40 days of wrestling straight against a guy who has been wrestling pretty much his entire life is rather pointless

A for effort

If it were a wrestling match I would agree. I dont think its pointless for him to practice TDD for a mma match though...

Cain would be shooting for a TD faster than he did against Kongo. Anyone who thinks Cain has great striking has been buying into UFC hype instead of watching him fight...

If he tried to strike with JDS he would be on his back in the first 2 minutes.

haha this but it really doesnt matter cuz neither of them are gunna beat brock

It doesn't matter who wins out of Brock and Cain because the winner is going to get stomped by that man.

I thought so too, until the JDS/Nelson fight. Now I think JDS has been a bit over-rated and would possibly have trouble with Cain and definitely have trouble with Lesnar.

Does anyone think that when Lesnar turned turtle against Carwin this could have been a real strategy? and one he may employ again?

I know its unlikely to be planing on weathering such a storm but really I think Lesnar realised he hasn't got the standup to match Carwin (nor Cain or JDS) and as such heads to where he is comfortable. Is Brock more comfortable on his back against these guys than standing and trading? I would say yes.

Its a new theory of mine, condem it at will.

As to JDs and 4 or 40 days, the guy already has a good ground game and adding some wrestling knowledge to that would pay real dividends. If I did 4 days of wrestling training I would learn a little but when a BJJ brown belt does it they already have a huge knowledge of grappling.

It looked like JDS gassed in the Nelson fight. If he doesnt KO cain then Cain would get the takedowns and dominate JDS over 3 or 5 rounds.

I have heard some say he didn't gas but simply lost heart as he couldn't put Roy away, I am not sure which is worse.

Psh, the people that say he "lost heart" really have no idea... But I do think that JDS working on wrestling really is necessary.. I do question JDS's punching power only a tiny tiny bit, because Arlovski put fat boy out in what the 2nd round? Given Arlovski is a damn beast, and maybe JDS just couldn't find the sweet spot... Who knows

JDS owns Cain given he will KO him and be able to sprawl against him. Kongo had Cain hurt and Kong is no where near as dangerous and has no where near the sprawl. That said I don't see JDS beating Lesnar. I believe he can sprawl Cain all day but not Lesnar who shoots faster and with far far more force.

Is it the 23rd yet?

JDS could KO either one of them but they can both put him on his back. IMO Cain has good enough striking to stand with JDS tho, not saying he's better but he is a smart fighter. I think he learned alot from the Kongo fight and is only going to get better.

Either way it will be a great fight.

I hope Cain beats Lesnar for 2 reasons...

1- to shut Lesnar up

2- Cain vs Dos Santos will be an AMAZING fight.

The reason everyone thinks Cain's striking is great is because of the reels that are showed and the hype that is built. Overall though, he has great conditioning, possibly the best in his division, heck, maybe the best conditioning UFC-wide. He is also the type of guy that gets hit and comes back stronger. I mean seriously, he would have had 2x more years of wrestling but he wanted to strike instead. The only reason he is even in the business is because he wants the championship (ever since he was a little kid) .

Brock's strength and size can make it harder for Cain to transverse though, and controlling a guy like Brock on the ground is very hard.

Archived