Most Underrated HW Fighter

HeilJake

gabriel gonzaga.

what's with that?

don't you remember that sexy head kick he gave to cro cop.

or any knockout at all?

you people are making me sick. and same goes for dana white. keep feeding him cans and doesn't move him up in the rankings. but he does for anderson silva.

Roy Nelson...

Say what you will about this guy, he's walked into a lot of his fights expected to be the sheep out to the slaughter to not just steal the win, but to throttle his opponents... and although he lost to JDS recently, he is tough as nails and went the distance, even getting a few really good shots in himself...

Will he be champ? Very unlikely... however, is he half as bad as people often make him out to be? Absolutely not... Sure he'll be the gatekeeper of the HW division, but considering everyone writes this guy off time he fights, he deserves a lot more credit than he normally gets...

I know he's new' date=' but Travis Browne. He's undefeated and he's beaten McSweeney and Kongo, although I missed the Kongo fight and I heard it was a narrow win. I'm not saying he's gonna go places, but he does have an impressive record. And for the guy who made this post, JDS happened to Gabe Gonzaga.[/quote']

He didn't beat Kongo, it was a draw

Roy Nelson...

Say what you will about this guy' date=' he's walked into a lot of his fights expected to be the sheep out to the slaughter to not just steal the win, but to throttle his opponents... and although he lost to JDS recently, he is tough as nails and went the distance, even getting a few really good shots in himself...

Will he be champ? Very unlikely... however, is he half as bad as people often make him out to be? Absolutely not... Sure he'll be the gatekeeper of the HW division, but considering everyone writes this guy off time he fights, he deserves a lot more credit than he normally gets...[/quote']

Well said. Looks can be decieving and Roy will give alot of guys a hrd time.

lmao

there really is no point having an argument with you if it's about lesnar.

you're to 1 sided

I was just busting you?re balls. Anyway' date=' you?re the one who started this thread without a good argument.

gabriel gonzaga.

what's with that?

don't you remember that sexy head kick he gave to cro cop.

or any knockout at all?

you people are making me sick. and same goes for dana white. keep feeding him cans and doesn't move him up in the rankings. but he does for anderson silva.

That aint much of an argument either buddy :)

Thankyou mate. :)

And can you believe that lil Jake lives in the same country as me ? And the same state?

I know' date=' im ashamed.[/quote']

Well thats really strange, because I thought our boy SimpleJake was living under a rock or something.

Ahh well, no need to feel ashamed my friend. With people like you around,there is still a chance SimpleJake will pick up some things and learn something about MMA..Maybe then he will also stop being so damn ignorant :D

Well thats really strange' date=' because I thought our boy SimpleJake was living under a rock or something.

Ahh well, no need to feel ashamed my friend. With people like you around,there is still a chance SimpleJake will pick up some things and learn something about MMA..Maybe then he will also stop being so damn ignorant :D[/quote']

are you british?

Cheerio, spot of tea governor

to bad your a lesnar fan , you'll never learn a thing about mma now

lmao

there really is no point having an argument with you if it's about lesnar.

you're to 1 sided

You are the one who is one sided. I usually do not point out people's stupidity - because there is too much on this forum to speak about - but to say that Gonzaga gets beat and then handed cans: there is a reason for that. I am currently looking at his fight chart right now. Lets's see:

Has several wins... Looks good... Gets a kick heard around the world (which I was extremely impressed with), gets his A** handed to him by Randy: knocks him down a bit, then beats McCully and Hendricks (not a whole lot competition there) , then gets KTFO by Carwin (Suprise, Suprise), beats Tuchscher (who?), then gets KTFO by JDS...

Is it just me, or am I seeing a pattern. Other than the "Kick heard round the world" he loses to anyone with a name. That is why they feed him "cans," because he is only one step above that. Once he shows he can beat someone with a name again, he will be stuck in the middle.

On a similar note, I do think he is a very good fighter... I just think you hype him too much.

Lab' date=' your forgetting Monson. The guy is a phonom !!! :P[/quote']

Yeah, I hate the fact that Monson does not fight in the UFC anymore. I do not know if he still fights but he was a beast. I just think he did not always follow a good gameplan going into some of his bigger fights.

Yeah' date=' I hate the fact that Monson does not fight in the UFC anymore. I do not know if he still fights but he was a beast. I just think he did not always follow a good gameplan going into some of his bigger fights.[/quote']

He does still fight, he is 5 - 2 (3 wins by sub) in 2010. I would love to see Monson finish his career in the UFC, maybe give Roy a rematch. Monson is just a pure badass, I found this on Wiki : "On March 21, 2009, Jeff won a controversial decision against "Big Country" Roy Nelson on Roy Jones Jr.'s hybrid boxing/MMA card "March Badness". He then beat Sergej Maslobojev on a Cage Wars card on On March 29, 2009. Jeff immediately went to Japan and beat top Russian Heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov on April 5, 2009 at Dream 8, giving him 3 wins within two weeks."

He's 39 and won 3 fights in 2 weeks, not to mention he is an undersized HW at 5' 9". Bring back The Snowman!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Yt6VnvyFMvnDcDvBPVnjtQ_dmjackKu_INd598_gNVKrdH8&t=1&usg=__Ww4ay2VEU5SOliV6Rizicmlh7nw=

He does still fight' date=' he is 5 - 2 (3 wins by sub) in 2010. I would love to see Monson finish his career in the UFC, maybe give Roy a rematch. Monson is just a pure badass, I found this on Wiki : "On March 21, 2009, Jeff won a controversial decision against "Big Country" Roy Nelson on Roy Jones Jr.'s hybrid boxing/MMA card "March Badness". He then beat Sergej Maslobojev on a Cage Wars card on On March 29, 2009. Jeff immediately went to Japan and beat top Russian Heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov on April 5, 2009 at Dream 8, giving him 3 wins within two weeks."

He's 39 and won 3 fights in 2 weeks, not to mention he is an undersized HW at 5' 9". Bring back The Snowman!

[img']http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Yt6VnvyFMvnDcDvBPVnjtQ_dmjackKu_INd598_gNVKrdH8&t=1&usg=__Ww4ay2VEU5SOliV6Rizicmlh7nw=[/img]

Thanks for the info. I just hadn't heard anything about him in some time. And I agree. I don't think he could take the title but he would definitely help shake things up a bit in the HW division.

He does still fight' date=' he is 5 - 2 (3 wins by sub) in 2010. I would love to see Monson finish his career in the UFC, maybe give Roy a rematch. Monson is just a pure badass, I found this on Wiki : "On March 21, 2009, Jeff won a controversial decision against "Big Country" Roy Nelson on Roy Jones Jr.'s hybrid boxing/MMA card "March Badness". He then beat Sergej Maslobojev on a Cage Wars card on On March 29, 2009. Jeff immediately went to Japan and beat top Russian Heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov on April 5, 2009 at Dream 8, giving him 3 wins within two weeks."

[img']http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Yt6VnvyFMvnDcDvBPVnjtQ_dmjackKu_INd598_gNVKrdH8&t=1&usg=__Ww4ay2VEU5SOliV6Rizicmlh7nw=[/img]

Amen. I watched Monson live in Australia a few months ago, and live at Bad Intentions a while ago on my first trip OS.

are you british?

Cheerio' date=' spot of tea governor

to bad your a lesnar fan , you'll never learn a thing about mma now[/quote']

No SimpleJake my friend..Im Dutch, i live in Holland,same country where Struve,Gilbert,Manhoef,Hardonk, Alistair Overeem and Bas Rutten come from.

And I followed those carreers pretty closely,and trained MMA myself..so I think I know a thing or two about MMA.

You are the one who is one sided. I usually do not point out people's stupidity - because there is too much on this forum to speak about - but to say that Gonzaga gets beat and then handed cans: there is a reason for that. I am currently looking at his fight chart right now. Lets's see:

Has several wins... Looks good... Gets a kick heard around the world (which I was extremely impressed with)' date=' gets his A** handed to him by Randy: knocks him down a bit, then beats McCully and Hendricks (not a whole lot competition there) , then gets KTFO by Carwin (Suprise, Suprise), beats Tuchscher (who?), then gets KTFO by JDS...

Is it just me, or am I seeing a pattern. Other than the "Kick heard round the world" he loses to anyone with a name. That is why they feed him "cans," because he is only one step above that. Once he shows he can beat someone with a name again, he will be stuck in the middle.

On a similar note, I do think he is a very good fighter... I just think you hype him too much.[/quote']

Pretty much spot on about Napao. He has had 3 shots at the top of the division, including a title shot and lost all of them. He is the Bisping of the HW division. Good fighter but unable to win the big fight against the top guys.

Archived