Does age have to do with favourite fighter?

Piffy

Hey guys / girls

I have seen heard a lot of people saying that for an example "Only kids love Lesnar" or "Only people who are new to MMA are jumping on the band wagons" or "Only old people (around 30) say the the Pride fighters where better in there prime than the UFC fighters".

So it would be interesting if all of you wrote down your three favourite fighters you love to watch, your age and then add how long you have been following MMA / UFC.

I'lll start;

Jon Bones Jones

A young and exciting fighter who I believe is the complete package (good wrestling, striking etc.).

Wanderlei Silva

Old school fighter who have been in some crazy wars in both Pride and UFC. Love his personality as well.

Brock Lesnar

A great "entertainer" love his sarcasm and bad boy attitude. He is far from a great MMA fighter but he fills those gaps with his physical ability's and great wrestling. I love how all the people hate on him and he proves them wrong.

I'm 33 years old and first starting watching UFC 1-5 because it was a freak show and me and my friends love to drink beer and laugh while watching it. After that I started watching Pride after seeing the fight between Frye and Takayama. And got back to watching UFC around the UFC 50 event.

Hey guys / girls

I have seen heard a lot of people saying that for an example "Only kids love Lesnar" or "Only people who are new to MMA are jumping on the band wagons" or "Only old people (around 30) say the the Pride fighters where better in there prime than the UFC fighters".

So it would be interesting if all of you wrote down your three favourite fighters you love to watch' date=' your age and then add how long you have been following MMA / UFC.

I'lll start;

[b']Jon Bones Jones[/b]

A young and exciting fighter who I believe is the complete package (good wrestling, striking etc.).

Wanderlei Silva

Old school fighter who have been in some crazy wars in both Pride and UFC. Love his personality as well.

Brock Lesnar

A great "entertainer" love his sarcasm and bad boy attitude. He is far from a great MMA fighter but I fills in those gaps with his physical ability's and great wrestling. I love all how all the people hate on him and he proves them wrong.

I'm 33 years old and first starting watching UFC 1-5 because it was a freak show and me and my friends love to drink beer and laugh while watching it. After that I started watching Pride after seeing the fight between Frye and Takayama. And got back to watching UFC around the UFC 50 event.

this is exactly when i started, i'm 30

1.)GSP- i'm canadian and he's just awesome

2.)Brock-just love that he is like some kind of comic book thing

3.)Rich-used to be my #1, will always have a soft spot for franklin

I started around UFC 70something after doing BJJ for a while. I started following the champions ('cause it was easy) then moved into guys like Machida after seeing a UFC Unleashed of him Killing Tito, then watched some Youtube videos, and now I like everyone, but really follow the guys in my sig, 'cept the dead one, he's not too exciting these days.

A: I'm 23, involved with MMA since I was 13, and have always found PrideFC more appealing.

B: I don't know one serious fan of MMA, or anyone who has been involved for more than 2-3 years who likes Brock Lesnar. Maybe that has to do with being Canadian, as it seems Americans are more fond of Bug-eyed roid heads screaming into a mic before they oil up and grind on each other, or jump through folding tables while thousands of hilbillies get there jollies. Maybe It's just me, I can remember being a little kid and thinking it was retarded back then. Because of that I have a hard time giving him any respect...

And every time I find myself gaining some respect for Brock, or start giving him any credit, one of his illiterate, moron groupies opens their mouth and brings back all the hate.

A: I'm 23' date=' involved with MMA since I was 13, and have always found PrideFC more appealing.

B: [b']I don't know one serious fan of MMA, or anyone who has been involved for more than 2-3 years who likes Brock Lesnar[/b]. Maybe that has to do with being Canadian, as it seems Americans are more fond of Bug-eyed roid heads screaming into a mic before they oil up and grind on each other, or jump through folding tables while thousands of hilbillies get there jollies. Maybe It's just me, I can remember being a little kid and thinking it was retarded back then. Because of that I have a hard time giving him any respect...

And every time I find myself gaining some respect for Brock, or start giving him any credit, one of his illiterate, moron groupies opens their mouth and brings back all the hate.

Now you do.

I'm a Lesnar fan.

Hey guys / girls

So it would be interesting if all of you wrote down your three favourite fighters you love to watch' date=' your age and then add how long you have been following MMA / UFC.

I'lll start;

[b']Jon Bones Jones[/b]

Wanderlei Silva

Brock Lesnar

A great "entertainer" love his sarcasm and bad boy attitude. He is far from a great MMA fighter but he fills those gaps with his physical ability's and great wrestling. I love how all the people hate on him and he proves them wrong.

I am in my twenties and my favorites are Tito Ortiz, BJ Penn, Rich Franklin, Brock Lesnar, Randy Couture, Chuck Lidell, Rampage and GSP.

I do not think it has to do with age to answer your question.

For starters, I'm 19 years old. Secondly I've been watching MMA for about four years, and following it seriously for probably two. I've done my research into the past though so I'm not ignorant. Favourite fighters:

GSP - Canadian, super respectful, all around great guy & incredible fighter.

Anthony Johnson - just a straight up monster at Welterweight. Although he does talk trash, it's what draws me into him. His "don't take BS from anybody" attitude.

Miguel Torres: A long, lanky bantamweight. Him & I have similar frames so I have to respect a guy who can do so much damage and still look so inconspicuous.

Brock Lesnar: Anybody who refers to themselves as a viking, is just a bad bad man. The ultimate warrior. The guy was made to fight.

I'm guessing my picks show a little bit of age influence in them, but I'm 19. I also like the classy veteran fighters like Randy Couture, Rich Franklin & Big Nog (not so much Lil' Nog), and also dislike ****y fighters like Koscheck, Tito and Chael Sonnen. So I guess age does play a factor, but some of my picks may also be unsuspecting.

Favourite Fighters - See Sig

I'm 17 and only started following MMA religliously since UFC 110-112. I first heard of UFC in 2006 and became a casual fan at UFC 91 (no i'm not a pro-wrestling fan).

afl is the greatest sport in the world and essendon is the best team in the afl now that jimmys back :D

now thats outa the way im 17 casual fan since tuf season 3 and been a big fan since ufc 100

fav fighters

Frank Mir- Good jitz good striking usually puts on good fights not at 119 tho

Chuck Liddell-legend

Chis Leben/Chael Sonnen- both good to watch and funny ****ers

Matt Serra/Diago Sanchez-both put on good fights

G-Sot- austalian just means he is better then the rest

Will I am 21

Big Nog - he was in the first mma fight I ever saw and thought he is awesome ever since

Stefan Struve - not everybodys favourite not a lot of people like him either but he is really exciting and has a load of heart

Yves Edwards - after I discovered MMA o started buying the events I missed on DVD and came across his fights thought he was awesome really well rounded dangerous striking dangerous on top and on bottom always thought he was a bit underrated tbh

I am 21 as u said and I don't like Brock don't like Fedor and don't like Wanderlei very much either don't have a reason just don't lol

exactly,only in WWE you can say that 'if someones love John Cena or Undertaker or Rey Mysterio they are kids' i understand it because it suppose to be like that,but in MMA?Kids likes the champions and grown up men likes only loosers?that's stupid....

Spencer Fisher - A pure scrapper, seems humble and always has exciting fights

Fedor Emelianenko - Very calm, cerebral fighter that has a killer instinct 2nd to none

Stefan Struve - Initially it was the freak-show factor but now I like his heart and unique skillset to go along with his freakish frame, plus how can you not like a guy who's coach is named "Dirty" Bob (a badass in his day) and he parties in Amsterdam.

Honorable Mention - GSP / A. Silva / Napao / M. Torres / D. Hyong Kim / The Heat

I am 36 years old. The first live UFC event that I watched was UFC 3, shortly after I was able to find 1 and 2 on video and I've seen all of the events since (some after the fact on video) and eagerly await the future events.

Favorite Fighters

Chuck Liddell

Roger Huerta

Brock Lesnar

Honorable mentions: Rich Franklin, Wandy, Rampage, Matt Hughes, Thiago Alves, and Robbie Lawler

I am 28 years old and I have been a fan since UFC 22 in 1999. One of the best cards ever by the way. I have seen every UFC on video or on pay per view. I think that age is a factor because you are exposed to the older fighters when they were in their prime. Other than that there are plenty of young fighters that I really like.

Maybe that has to do with being Canadian' date=' as it seems Americans are more fond of Bug-eyed roid heads screaming into a mic before they oil up and grind on each other, or jump through folding tables while thousands of hilbillies get there jollies.[/quote']

Look, I have tons of respect for Canada, but really?

The Hart family, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Edge, Test, should I continue?

Last time I checked in Canada (2004) WWE was just as big there as it is in the US.

Maybe It's just me' date=' I can remember being a little kid and thinking it was retarded back then. Because of that I have a hard time giving him any respect...[/quote']

Why would you care about what Brock did in the past? Why don't you judge him by what he is doing in the present (i.e. holding the UFC HW title)?

And every time I find myself gaining some respect for Brock' date=' or start giving him any credit, one of his illiterate, moron groupies opens their mouth and brings back all the hate.[/b']

Sometimes I prefer these illiterate, moron groupies to patronizing so-called "true" MMA fans...

But that's my problem ;)

Anyway, I'm scratching the 4 and 0.

My top 3 favorites are:

GSP - Most well rounded fighter in the sport, well mannered, a true representative of the sport.

Brock Lesnar - A highly driven, hard working, no **** taking, funny, cynical bastard and a great wrestler.

Anderson Silva - For all the obvious reasons...

Hey guys / girls

I'lll start;

[b']Jon Bones Jones[/b]

Wanderlei Silva

Brock Lesnar

Yes im 32 and same storyline. Don Frye/Dan Severn/ The Machine/Royce/ and Ricco

Today my youngest prospect is Cody Mcknezie from the TUF show, Jon Jones.

Wanderlei and Bj Penn are my top fighters

And Brock Lesnar im not a fan of.

Look' date=' I have tons of respect for Canada, but really?

The Hart family, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Edge, Test, should I continue?

Last time I checked in Canada (2004) WWE was just as big there as it is in the US.

Why would you care about what Brock did in the past? Why don't you judge him by what he is doing in the present (i.e. holding the UFC HW title)?

Sometimes I prefer these illiterate, moron groupies to patronizing so-called "true" MMA fans...

But that's my problem ;)

Anyway, I'm scratching the 4 and 0.

My top 3 favorites are:

[b']GSP[/b] - Most well rounded fighter in the sport, well mannered, a true representative of the sport.

Brock Lesnar - A highly driven, hard working, no **** taking, funny, cynical bastard and a great wrestler.

Anderson Silva - For all the obvious reasons...

A. "Professional" wrestling is not as big in Canada as it is in the states.

B. Why would I care what someone did in the past? Like 4 years ago in the past? It speaks to his character. In my eyes the wwf is just bizarre and hom0 erotic, it's a retarded soap opera with fake violence... He's still the same guy, just doing different stuff.

C. He IS the HW champ, I respect that. But as a person he seems like a complete doosh.

And what the **** are talking about, 4-0. It was only 3 and you can't really declare yourself the "winner" because you responded with an opinion and some questions, moron. Suck a ****.

B. Why would I care what someone did in the past? Like 4 years ago in the past? It speaks to his character. In my eyes the wwf is just bizarre and hom0 erotic' date=' it's a retarded soap opera with fake violence... He's still the same guy, just doing different stuff.

C. He IS the HW champ, I respect that. But as a person he seems like a complete doosh.[/color']

And what the **** are talking about, 4-0. It was only 3 and you can't really declare yourself the "winner" because you responded with an opinion and some questions, moron. Suck a ****.

why are your letters bright red?

lol really ?

With the amount of Canadian pro wrestlers that are household names you would of thought differant

Maybe household names.. In the States. In elementary school I remembermost kids liked wresting' date=' but by the time is was in grade 8 there were maybe 3-4 holdouts. They were the kids that were overweight, wore stone cold shirts 3 sizes too big, stained sweatpants, velcro shoes... I'm not trying to be an a$shole, that is an honest description of my last personal encounter with a wrestling fan, and it was 9 years ago. Those experiences have had a profound impact on my view of pro wrestling and its followers.[/color']

1) frank mir- talented fighter and was in the first mma fight i saw(mir vs williams)

2) matt hughes- true mma legend, been in wars. great guy

3) rich franklin- great guy, always comes to fight and likes to put on a show and is tough as nails

im 14 years old, i first got started in mma because i train bjj, i was watching a bjj match on youtube and there was a link to mma sub highlights. i clicked it wondering what mma was, after the vid i was instantly hooked. this was about 4-5 years ago and have been watching ufc and mma in general since.

No' date=' my dad is a huge Lesnar fanboy, and he's 48, also he's a big Belfort fan. My favorites are A. Silva for being the greatest champion ever, and for [b']sometimes[/b] putting on great fights (117 anyone?) and Couture just because he's an all around badass, and I'm 18.

see my parents absolutly dispise mma and fighting in general, i wasn't even aloud to watch mma untill about ufc 98 was the first ppv i was aloud to get. i am now aloud to watch it, but my parents would never sit and watch it. when im sitting on the couch watching unleashed i have to go up to my room and watch.

I tend to favor the younger fighters and such' date=' because once all the legends go - they are the ones to carry the torch.[/quote']

well theres only really one set of legends right now. fedor, cro cop, nog, w. silva, pulver, hughes, randy, chuck, tito, shamrock guys like that. but the next set will be guys that we are watching now like. gsp, penn, shogun, rampage, a. silva, belfort, guys like this. and then who knows who the "3rd generation superstars will be

Sure it isn't ;) If you say it enough times you might convince yourself.

B. Why would I care what someone did in the past? Like 4 years ago in the past? It speaks to his character. In my eyes the wwf is just bizarre and hom0 erotic' date=' it's a retarded soap opera with fake violence... He's still the same guy, just doing different stuff.[/quote']

So being in the WWE speaks to his character, but being in the UFC doesn't... hmmm.... your double standards speak to your character

C. He IS the HW champ' date=' I respect that. But as a person he seems like a complete doosh.[/quote']

Ok.

And what the **** are talking about' date=' 4-0. It was only 3 and you can't really declare yourself the "winner" because you responded with an opinion and some questions, moron. Suck a ****.[/color']

So you admit to being a thick slow homophobic guy on top of being a ******? Nice.

The OP asked how old we are, I said I'm scratching the big 4 and 0 as in - 40 (Forty).

I never declare myself winner. I leave that to people with inferiority complexes (read - you).

No thank you, I think I'll pass on the suck a **** offer.

For a Canadian (a nation of people who are normally open minded) you sure seem like one of 'em red neck Americans you so hate...

well theres only really one set of legends right now. fedor' date=' cro cop, nog, w. silva, pulver, hughes, randy, chuck, tito, shamrock guys like that. but the next set will be guys that we are watching now like. gsp, penn, shogun, rampage, a. silva, belfort, guys like this. and then who knows who the "3rd generation superstars will be[/quote']

3rd generation?

Most of the guys you listed are of the same generation

I think you mean ERA

see my parents absolutly dispise mma and fighting in general' date=' i wasn't even aloud to watch mma untill about ufc 98 was the first ppv i was aloud to get. i am now aloud to watch it, but my parents would never sit and watch it. when im sitting on the couch watching unleashed i have to go up to my room and watch.[/quote']

Really? How old are you? (if you don't mind me asking lol) I got my dad into MMA with the UFC and now we sit around eating chips and dip and watching Unleashed/Best of Pride like constantly, no, seriously lol. And we can get bootleg dvds for $2 apiece, so we bought a lot of Bellator and Dream. And we don't miss a Strikeforce either.

Really? How old are you? (if you don't mind me asking lol) I got my dad into MMA with the UFC and now we sit around eating chips and dip and watching Unleashed/Best of Pride like constantly' date=' no, seriously lol. And we can get bootleg dvds for $2 apiece, so we bought a lot of Bellator and Dream. And we don't miss a Strikeforce either.[/quote']

Nice, me too! My dad wouldn't watch it on his own, but if I am he's down.

Sure it isn't ;) If you say it enough times you might convince yourself.

So being in the WWE speaks to his character' date=' but being in the UFC doesn't... hmmm.... your double standards speak to your character

Ok.

So you admit to being a thick slow homophobic guy on top of being a ******? Nice.

The OP asked how old we are, I said I'm scratching the big 4 and 0 as in - 40 (Forty).

I never declare myself winner. I leave that to people with inferiority complexes (read - you).

No thank you, I think I'll pass on the suck a **** offer.

For a Canadian (a nation of people who are normally open minded) you sure seem like one of 'em red neck Americans you so hate...

So, if you are going to just ignore what I write and substitute what you want to hear, why do you even bother responding?

Fighter with character. Now younger fighters might have character but they come off ****y, then they look like ****s. Older fighters can be ****y but since their seasoned it is alright, they gave a reason to be. Jones being ****y about his wrestling makes him look douchy. Silva is my favorite mma personality. He is a balance of the above qualities which he backs up with supreme skill. What's not to like?

So older fighters are way cooler then young guns.

I'm 20 years old and my favorites are

1) Rashad Evans- I liked the work he did coaching tuf10, his attitude on tuf2 and especially enjoy seeing him on MMA Live. He is charismatic in and out of the ring and seems to behave like a real sportsman most of the time. He also defeated Greg Jones in college wrestling which was no small feat and I believe speaks much more about his wrestling skills than his less than stellar record.

2)Kenny Florian- A guy who seems genuinely intelligent and is a great ambassador for the sport. This man is MMas ambassador to sportscenter for a reason. I also love how he comes into the cage to finish fights. i also admire how he wants to fight interesting fights(Jose Aldo) that are not necessarily on his path to the title, but test his skills as a martial artist.

3)Anderson Silva- I really like the fact he sticks it to dana white and the rest of zuffa by performing on his terms. I laughed almost the entire maia fight at his antics. While his acts may have seemed disrespectful, in my opinion there is no disrespect in showing an over matched fighter is indeed over matched. I'm also certain maia preferred a bit of taunting to a career altering fiasco like Griffin. Plus every time he steps in the ring everyone watching knows something truly incredible could happen at any moment.

So' date=' if you are going to just ignore what I write and substitute what you want to hear, why do you even bother responding?[/quote']

I referred to each and every one of your - somewhat ludicrous - statements...

It is indeed you, who ignores a simple question:

Brock WAS in the WWE - You say it speaks to his character and that's why no "serious MMA fan is a Lesnar fan"

But Brock IS an MMA fighter NOW - Does that NOT speak to his character?

Does the fact that he works as hard as anyone in the sport (and perhaps harder), not play a part?

The patronizing so called "true MMA fan" is as irritating as the "lowly WWE fan boy".

Hey guys / girls

I'lll start;

[b']Jon Bones Jones[/b]

Wanderlei Silva

Brock Lesnar

All of this except Bones... instead of bones I'd say Kampmann! first of all I'm a dane and Can't help to be a bit biased! Sorta like you guys in the US roots for americans.... with the exception of Sonnen and Kos :P

Archived