Yoshihiro Akiyama: Michael Bisping's Body Was Really Slippery

guesswho

Article from MMAfanhouse.

Interesting that Akiyama makes a claim like this considering his past. For those who might not know, Akiyama has been blamed one more than one ocassion of using a slippery substance. At one even 2 of his opponents accused him of a slippery gi and was forced to wear it inside out. He did not do as well after that.

Micheal Bisping has not had any history of greasing that i have ever heard of. I believe Akiyama is shooting into the wind again andmight have to come to grips that his camp and himself are just not that good. I was indifferent to AKiyama when he came into the UFC but now i dont see how anyone can argue his mediocrity and now.... his whining.

Interesting that Akiyama makes a claim like this considering his past. For those who might not know' date=' Akiyama has been blamed one more than one ocassion of using a slippery substance. At one even 2 of his opponents accused him of a slippery gi and was forced to wear it inside out. He did not do as well after that.

Micheal Bisping has not had any history of greasing that i have ever heard of. I believe Akiyama is shooting into the wind again andmight have to come to grips that his camp and himself are just not that good. I was indifferent to AKiyama when he came into the UFC but now i dont see how anyone can argue his mediocrity and now.... his whining.[/quote']

Let me add another note about Akiyama.

8 of his record opponents are Asian and of those 8, 2 were "No contests".

Of those same 8, 4 are no longer active despite being younger than AKiyama.

2 were coming off lossess and 1 was coming off a 4 fight loss (pad win)

1 NC was because Akiyama admitted to using lotion for the fight.

1 of the 8 has a 6-6 record

1 of the 8 has a 32-11 record similar padding to AKiyama's record.

Outside the Asian fights, AKiyama's most notable fights are vs.

Banner- who is known for his kickboxing and not MMA, sporting a loss his first MMA fight and then a draw vs Sapp. Yes Bob Sapp. After an 0-1-1 record Banner finally gets his first MMA win vs Akiyama.

Melvin Manhoef- who Akiyama Submitted early.

Dennis Kang who has had a shaky record and was released from the UFC for poor performance.

Interesting that Akiyama makes a claim like this considering his past. For those who might not know' date=' Akiyama has been blamed one more than one ocassion of using a slippery substance. At one even 2 of his opponents accused him of a slippery gi and was forced to wear it inside out. He did not do as well after that.

Micheal Bisping has not had any history of greasing that i have ever heard of. I believe Akiyama is shooting into the wind again andmight have to come to grips that his camp and himself are just not that good. I was indifferent to AKiyama when he came into the UFC but now i dont see how anyone can argue his mediocrity and now.... his whining.[/quote']

I think after Marquat (Spelling?) admitted to pre-fight warmups to stay naturally slippery at the begining of the fight, you may see more of that as time goes on. Although, I am sure that is something that people have been doing forever; it's just that with the incident in that fight, Marquat had to explain himself.

If Bisping was greased then why didn't Akiyama alert the ref during the fight or immediately after? Answer? Because he wasn't and Akiyama is just making excuses.

If Bisping was greased (which I seriously doubt) then Akiyama only has himself to blame for not winning by DQ or at the very least getting a NC.

And that would have affected the fight how? LoL

They stood up the practically 15 minutes. Where would grease even come into play?

Akiyama never really tried to grab Bisping anyway instead he just tried to stand there and trade blows' date=' couldnt be arsed to look up the article but just dont see what difference it would have made to the fight even if Bisping was greased.[/quote']

Maybe he meant his body was really slippery AFTER the fight, y'know, maybe a lil post-fight man action?

If Bisping was greased then why didn't Akiyama alert the ref during the fight or immediately after? Answer? Because he wasn't and Akiyama is just making excuses.

If Bisping was greased (which I seriously doubt) then Akiyama only has himself to blame for not winning by DQ or at the very least getting a NC.

I recall when I watched the fight there was a moment (similar to Palhares) where he stopped and looked at the ref while rubbing his fingers together to signal that Bisping was slippery.

Nothing was done and the fight continued. I really think that this whole oiling up thing is gettign ridiculous tho. these guys sweat their butts off in there and of course a guy will be slippery when he is in the fight. these guys ahve vaseline put on ther faces and if you punch someone it gets on your gloves then if you grab them it gets on their bodies as well.

these guys really need to suck it up and fight and stop complaining about a guy being slippery.

I recall when I watched the fight there was a moment (similar to Palhares) where he stopped and looked at the ref while rubbing his fingers together to signal that Bisping was slippery.

Nothing was done and the fight continued. I really think that this whole oiling up thing is gettign ridiculous tho. these guys sweat their butts off in there and of course a guy will be slippery when he is in the fight. these guys ahve vaseline put on ther faces and if you punch someone it gets on your gloves then if you grab them it gets on their bodies as well.

these guys really need to suck it up and fight and stop complaining about a guy being slippery.

I think he was complaining about a low blow (which didn't actually happen) and the ref was not impressed with his performance.

Amen! You wouldn't have to complain if you would knock the guy out or get a choke on them.

dident they cut akiyama yet?? This guy lost 2 or his only 3 fights in the UFC and his only win was a controversial win over Alan belcher. I was hoping that he would be able to KO bisping too but he went in with the same gameplan as Leben did and we all know what happens when you try that.

dident they cut akiyama yet?? This guy lost 2 or his only 3 fights in the UFC and his only win was a controversial win over Alan belcher. I was hoping that he would be able to KO bisping too but he went in with the same gameplan as Leben did and we all know what happens when you try that.

heeeyy, sonson there you are..............i owe you a sig (damn hardy)

He barely tried any Judo throws..

Alot of people underestimate Bisping's abilities. Judo is very effective against guys who strike and end up in the clinch. Bisping fights pure boxing at the strike zone but very rarely does he get inside the strikezone or clinch zone.

He isn't going anywhere with this MMA carreer' date=' why is he still in the UFC? Leben, Bisping, and almost Belcher... He isn't good... He has the abilities but the brains of a dead gold fish...[/quote']

Alot of fans back him and he is well known in Asia but he definatly should go back to fighting in the circuits that praise guys who lose pretty.

All Brits are greasy.

Its all the fish and chips.

Archived