Why certain fighters want Cain to win

thesystem25

I think a lot of smaller HW's are going for Cain to see if a smaller HW can actually beat Brock and fighters similar to Brock in size. (even Carwin)

Cain is going to be vastly undersized in this fight. But he does possess a lot of skill. A lot of smaller HW's are going to be closely watching this fight to see if there really is a formula for beating massive HW's who also are skilled. If Cain gets absolutely destroyed by being manhandled on the ground, I expect too see a lot of future HW prospects cut to 205 if physically possible.

The UFC HW divison could then be in serious trouble if they can't maintain a competitive division. I also think with the advancements in sports science, fighters can achieve greater weight cuts then thought possible.

Since the first UFC the mantra has always been skill and technique trumps size and strength. But then along comes Brock who has tailored his skillset to best utilize his mass and now that whole theory is under test.

It's a point of fact that Cain's best chances are superior skill and technique combined with a gameplan while Brock's best chance is his superior strength and mass.

There are many people hoping for a Cain victory to uphold the old adage. Whether he can or not remains to be seen.

Just keep in mind that every rule has an exception.

If Brock manhandle Cain like he did Mir, then there's only Carwin left to compete with him. JDS won't stand a chance, b/c wrestle wasn't his strong suit. I have to agree with the OP that if Brock dominate Cain, then the HW division is in serious trouble.

Since the first UFC the mantra has always been skill and technique trumps size and strength. But then along comes Brock who has tailored his skillset to best utilize his mass and now that whole theory is under test.

It's a point of fact that Cain's best chances are superior skill and technique combined with a gameplan while Brock's best chance is his superior strength and mass.

There are many people hoping for a Cain victory to uphold the old adage. Whether he can or not remains to be seen.

Just keep in mind that every rule has an exception.

Thats a great post

If Brock manhandle Cain like he did Mir' date=' then there's only Carwin left to compete with him. JDS won't stand a chance, b/c wrestle wasn't his strong suit. I have to agree with the OP that if Brock dominate Cain, then the HW division is in serious trouble.[/quote']

How can Carwin compete with Brock please explain this to me

Carwin is improving in areas that he ie weak in and a Brock is doing what ? oh thats right improving in areas that he is weak in.

well you could see royce vs dan severn for the skill vs size debate, but lesnar handles himself a lot differently than severn, especially now that bjj is a widely taught skill set that its much easier to defend soooo it should be interesting, but im predicting that cain will do pretty good, then get pummeled, much like couture

People tend to mention skill and technique only in reference to the stand up aspect, discrediting the fact that Brock has excellent ground technique...he isn't just pure strength...Brock is one of a kind...he has size as well speed and technique...his stand up needs improvement, yes, maybe it will, maybe it won't...I see Brock in the same light that I see Shaq....if Shaq learned how to shoot free throws he would've been absolutely unstoppable, but even though he practiced he just wasn't good at it...he was STILL a dominant basketball player...now, how that relates to Brock, he may practice and practice on his striking but it just might never get to an elite level, but he'll still be dominant....

Saying the HW division is going to be in a panic because you have to be a 265lb behemoth to be successful is ridiculous...who are the other big heavy weights that are so ahead of everyone else in the division...we all saw Carwin, a behemoth himself, burn out after one round...Mir moved up in weight and realized it was difficult to maintain that size and compete at a high level...the person who beats Brock won't beat him because they are just as big, they'll beat him because they are a better fighter, SIMPLE

Now with that all that Brock praise said.............................WAR CAIN!

If Cain uses a gameplan similar to what Randy had against Brock he could win. But as Randy found out staying so close to a man the size and strength as Brock is dangerous. Even though Lesnar has bad striking he will knock Cain out if he uses the clinch to negate Brock's strength.

Brock has a much easier job in this fight then Cain. But Cain will not shy away from the challenge so this fight should be a blockbuster.

Cain does not hit as hard as Carwin. Carwin couldn't (T)KO Lesnar. Cain won't either. Lesnar came off a year of layoff due to illness before the fight with Carwin' date=' he's been in great health since.

Lesnar by doing what he does best[/quote']

Thinking Cain can't KO lesnar is a fool's assumption. Carwin never got close to a clean shot on Brock, and Velaskez hits like a train.

Don't kid yerself, Cain will be doing two things, stuffing the takedown, and looking to connect on Lesnars chin, period.

People tend to mention skill and technique only in reference to the stand up aspect' date=' discrediting the fact that Brock has excellent ground technique...he isn't just pure strength...Brock is one of a kind...he has size as well speed and technique...his stand up needs improvement, yes, maybe it will, maybe it won't...I see Brock in the same light that I see Shaq....if Shaq learned how to shoot free throws he would've been absolutely unstoppable, but even though he practiced he just wasn't good at it...he was STILL a dominant basketball player...now, how that relates to Brock, he may practice and practice on his striking but it just might never get to an elite level, but he'll still be dominant....

Saying the HW division is going to be in a panic because you have to be a 265lb behemoth to be successful is ridiculous...who are the other big heavy weights that are so ahead of everyone else in the division...we all saw Carwin, a behemoth himself, burn out after one round...Mir moved up in weight and realized it was difficult to maintain that size and compete at a high level...the person who beats Brock won't beat him because they are just as big, they'll beat him because they are a better fighter, SIMPLE

Now with that all that Brock praise said.............................WAR CAIN![/quote']

+1

But Cain also has a glass jaw' date=' and Lesnar knows what to do against a power puncher like Carwin.[/quote']

Whaa? Cain was hit by Cheick Congo with punches that would've KO'd King Kongo,

his knees buckled slightly, his brain immediately rebooted, and he jumped right back into it.

Cain has a chin of granite. I honestly don't know where you people come up with this stuff.

Are we talking about the same Cain Velasquez?

How can Carwin compete with Brock please explain this to me

Carwin is improving in areas that he ie weak in and a Brock is doing what ? oh thats right improving in areas that he is weak in.

Carwin tossed Brock around like a rag doll. But then he got beat up...bad. If he had better gas, or a better game plan, he could have definitely won that fight. Shoulda, coulda woulda.

Carwin tossed Brock around like a rag doll. But then he got beat up...bad. If he had better gas' date=' or a better game plan, he could have definitely won that fight. Shoulda, coulda woulda.[/quote']

Better gas tank and a better plan yes

But for people to casually say "oh Carwin is in the gym improving on areas that needed to be adressed " and then not using the same line of thought when it comes to Brock is just down right dumb.

Not saying you G but you do hhave the same luxury as I do of reading these forums on a hourly / daily basis and thetopic seems to always come up .

Better gas tank and a better plan yes

But for people to casually say "oh Carwin is in the gym improving on areas that needed to be adressed " and then not using the same line of thought when it comes to Brock is just down right dumb.

Not saying you G but you do hhave the same luxury as I do of reading these forums on a hourly / daily basis and thetopic seems to always come up .

Brock has gotten better in every fight he has had.

No doubt about it.

Carwin doesn't need to be in any gym. He needs to be running like Forrest Gump to improve his cardio.

Carwin needs to consider losing some muscle so he can improve his cardio. Those muscles just take up to much blood to fuel. IMO lesnar will never get the credit he deserves. He could win 10 fights in a row and then loose the 11th and everyone will still use the told you so. It's easier to say Brock sucks and maintain that so when he finally loses they can point and laugh at fans.

Carwin needs to consider losing some muscle so he can improve his cardio. Those muscles just take up to much blood to fuel. IMO lesnar will never get the credit he deserves. He could win 10 fights in a row and then loose the 11th and everyone will still use the told you so. It's easier to say Brock sucks and maintain that so when he finally loses they can point and laugh at fans.

I will never say he sucks.

But, I want him to lose.

Archived