does the ufc put on the best fights ?

HAD0K3N

Some of the best fights sure, and some that are real stinkers. They certainly have most of the best fighters...if you believe the rankings.

The other major promotions have had some awesome fights & fighters too of course. I guess if you think about the money people hand over for PPV then you could argue that some cards just weren't worth the cash compared to some shows that were free to view.

I think they have the majority of the best fighters but not all of them. Great fights can happen anywhere, it just depends how things go on the night. A match between two of the best in the world may not turn out to be the most explosive fight, just depends how the fighters match up.

every promotion has good fighters, a great fight is made by good/great fighters

no one can b at their best everytime....a.silva at 112 is a prime example

if a fights gonna b a good/great fight then it's down to the fighters, the promotions can only speculate on the fights an promote the hell out of them

on paper fights can look like they're gonna be awsome.... barry/cro cop, an yeah it was a good fight

fights can look boring on paper an turn out to b superb, then u get fights that no one knows how it'll turn out ala garcia/sung jung....one of the best of the decade

Well they are just putting 2 big names against each other(Cro Cop vs Mir for example) who were superawesome in their prime but now they are not,and the fight ends badly....but UFC doesnt have that much fighters to really think about the best match ups,look at HW div. there are only 10 good fighters so it's not that hard to do a match up in that divison

WEC has the best fights

I dont think it is WEC I think it is lighter weights I have always enjoyed the lighter fighters in both boxing/MMA.

In terms of overall good fights I think UFC/Strikeforce/Bellator/Dream are all about the same. I would put Pride at #1 by a long shot in terms of exciting fights tho.

in your opinion do you think the ufc has the better fights ? or just the best hype.

discuss ....

Yes and No.

I think as long as Strikeforce keeps taking the UFC's fighters who have contract problems, they will be competitively making better fights. Also, Nick Diaz has put on the most exciting WW fights i have seen since Matt Hughes was dropping people on their heads. Carlos Condit is the only reason i have hope for the WW dept. Im not saying it doesnt have the most talent becuase it does but the WW has the most wrestling talent and not not entirely exciting to watch Fitch and Kos and sometimes GSP though his opponents have all been tough and wanting to wrestle him too.

Yes and No.

I think as long as Strikeforce keeps taking the UFC's fighters who have contract problems' date=' they will be competitively making better fights. Also, Nick Diaz has put on the most exciting WW fights i have seen since Matt Hughes was dropping people on their heads. Carlos Condit is the only reason i have hope for the WW dept. Im not saying it doesnt have the most talent becuase it does but the WW has the most wrestling talent and not not entirely exciting to watch Fitch and Kos and sometimes GSP though his opponents have all been tough and wanting to wrestle him too.[/quote']

Yeah the WW division gets boring but just Condit? Cmon Paulo Thiago is exciting Nate Diaz is exciting Marcus Davis also exciting the WW is exciting except the top 5 then its Wrestlers that dominate but the lower end WW are fun as hell to watch.

Yeah the WW division gets boring but just Condit? Cmon Paulo Thiago is exciting Nate Diaz is exciting Marcus Davis also exciting the WW is exciting except the top 5 then its Wrestlers that dominate but the lower end WW are fun as hell to watch.

No i can name many more but the problem is they have been tried and tested vs wrestlers and have come up short. They lack the ability to stop and counter and defend high caliber ahtletic wrestling so they are considered bad fighter or in the lest low contenders by many people. I am a big fan of Melvin Guillard, Nate Diaz, and Marcus, but these guys seem to only be able to win against eachother while the wreslters move on to top contention.

Wrestling+Athleticism= WW. Thiago Alves tried to fight it and look what he looked like after GSP.

I think they have the majority of the best fighters but not all of them. Great fights can happen anywhere' date=' it just depends how things go on the night. A match between two of the best in the world may not turn out to be the most explosive fight, just depends how the fighters match up.[/quote']

For example: Frankie and B.J., GSP and Dan hardy, Anderson Silva and Demian Maia

Yes and No.

I think as long as Strikeforce keeps taking the UFC's fighters who have contract problems' date=' they will be competitively making better fights. Also, Nick Diaz has put on the most exciting WW fights i have seen since Matt Hughes was dropping people on their heads. Carlos Condit is the only reason i have hope for the WW dept. Im not saying it doesnt have the most talent becuase it does but the WW has the most wrestling talent and not not entirely exciting to watch Fitch and Kos and sometimes GSP though his opponents have all been tough and wanting to wrestle him too.[/quote']

I agree. I think Dana should at least do a fight between Nick Diaz and GSP and see wat happens. Thats really his only challenge for his belt and a chance at having a exciting champion (and i like GSP).

Two of those were horrible matchups tho? Damien Maia vs A.Silva!? GSP vs Dan Hardy !?

I would also say Frankie Vs BJ was a bad matchup but Edgar keeps beating him.

Yeah. Thats true, but the champs needed to fight and the divisions weren't looking very deep at the time. I mean Silva could have finished Maia and that would have made it exciting but he just felt like dancing and showing off. GSP could have choked Hardy out with a rear naked but he decided to just go for his arm instead and that made the fight unexciting. Edgar doesn't really have good boxing offense IMO he just has ridiculous head movement and foot work, B.J. came in with a bad strategy that caused him to lose both times. But all the other title fights that happened recently lived up to there potential. Like Frankie vs. Gray could be the most boring fight in history or it could be a first round ko. But something is tellin me it will be extremely hard to stay awake 4 that one.

UFC is like Coke ... im love Fanta and Sprite but nothing better than a Coke Cola in the ice huh ???

well said !!! as long as there are fights i will watch.

i think that the win/loss system the hype train keeps a majority of fighters not wanting to leave it on the line and pep out a decisions or fight too cautiously, as too much is on the line, pressure does not always bring out the best in fighters and the trash talk and media hype I'm sure effects each fighter, the overgrowing popularity of the UFC is not good for the sport as much as it is for the business.

this is something i have noticed change in the last 10 years,

The skills of the fighters and their last fights should be all that is needed to draw the fans, if this isn't enough then you are making the wrong match-ups, which attracts the wrong kind of fans...........just my opinion.

I've watched a few and they were pretty exciting but who wants to watch some guy that nobody's heard of fight?

People who care more about the fights than the drama.

While the UFC does put on exciting fights they also have their share of snoozers. The WEC has been consistently putting on great cards recently from top to bottom. I can't remember the last time I saw a boring fight in the WEC.

People who care more about the fights than the drama.

While the UFC does put on exciting fights they also have their share of snoozers. The WEC has been consistently putting on great cards recently from top to bottom. I can't remember the last time I saw a boring fight in the WEC.

i agree i watch for the fights if it's no-one i have seen fight before i enjoy the anticipation, if you enjoy martial arts then you watch regardless of names.

Archived