Paul 'Mr. Triangle' Sass vs Cody 'Mr.Guillotine' McKenzie - dream fight

Kaney

I think this fight would be freakin superawesome,they both are masters in 1 sub. and both of them are using it on their back

Paul Sass-11-0 record,1-0 in UFC,8 wins by triangle choke,7 of them in very 1st round....

Cody McKenzie-11-0 record too,currently in TUF 12(hairy trashtalker),10 wins by guillotine choke and all of them ended in 1st round

what do you think about this fight?Not a big names but i would be excited for this fight more than 90% of UFC fights,seriously....

btw.both of them are 22 years old and both are lightweights,so this fight could really happen

This would be one of those fights where neither man takes it to the ground and they stay standing.

IF it did go to the ground, I believe Cody has the advantage in that it is easier to get caught in a guillotine than it is to get caught in a triangle from my experience. A guillotine can take place when the other guy is hurt and goes for the takedown whereas a triangle takes a little bit to set up.

This would be one of those fights where neither man takes it to the ground and they stay standing.

IF it did go to the ground' date=' I believe Cody has the advantage in that it is easier to get caught in a guillotine than it is to get caught in a triangle from my experience. A guillotine can take place when the other guy is hurt and goes for the takedown whereas a triangle takes a little bit to set up.[/quote']

You beat me to it. LOL.

The only problem is that Sass likes to pull guard and that involves much less exposure of the neck than a standard takedown shot. Interesting match up though. Like someone already said, it could be one of those ones that doesn't go to the ground and ends up being a mediocre stand up battle.

Archived