Jon Jones will never fight Rashad!

freedom

http://huggingnuts.com/jon-jones-will-never-fight-rashad/

Jon Jones will never fight Rashad!

At the UFC 120 post fight press conference a reporter asked Carlos Condit who he would like to fight next, and Condit replied, without hesitation, Georges St-Pierre. Dana White, upon hearing this, spontaneously broke out into applause. You may ask, why? Well Condit trains out of Jackson?s MMA, and GSP has very close ties to Greg Jackson, who has also cornered him on multiple occasions. What Dana White was applauding was that Condit was ready to fight a team-mate. But I think there is more to the story than that. These two are not really team-mates now are they? Not in the real sense of the word I would think. Though GSP is based in Montreal, and has a loose affiliation with a network of gyms across the US, including Renzo Gracie, Jackson?s MMA, and Grudge Training Center in Denver. I am not sure they actually train together. So it is not really a team-mate vs team-mate fight between Condit and GSP.

This leads to the comments made by Jon Jones about fighting a team-mate. A real team-mate, someone he trains with every day, someone who he looks up to ? Rashad Evans:

these comments affirm the fact the Bones is a complete idiot. why would anyone in their right mind give up a chance at the title? switch camps, make up lies about him, egg his house, do something, anything to get your mind on the prize; the light heavyweight prize that is.

any fighter that would give up the chance at the title over a teammate when MMA is an individual sport is an idiot!!!

Archived