Funny thing...Even if Cain does win..Their will still not be a Mexican HW champion

Za_Xiong

All the hype on the commericals and primetime trying to sell it to another crowd talking about their has never been a Mexican HW champ. If Cain does win..Their still has not been a Mexican HW champion. Born in Mexico? Nope..Technically he's not Mexican..If it was like the GSP Primetime I would get it because GSP is an actual Canadian, not born in America and saying he's Canadian. So I just want to point out..The UFC has failed just a little bit by saying all of that to hype up the fight and having the Mexican color flag everywhere on Primetime and their commericials...Again..Even if Cain does win..Their has STILL..Not been a Mexican HW champ.

Discuss..

All the hype on the commericals and primetime trying to sell it to another crowd talking about their has never been a Mexican HW champ. If Cain does win..Their still has not been a Mexican HW champion. Born in Mexico? Nope..Technically he's not Mexican..If it was like the GSP Primetime I would get it because GSP is an actual Canadian' date=' not born in America and saying he's Canadian. So I just want to point out..The UFC has failed just a little bit by saying all of that to hype up the fight and having the Mexican color flag everywhere on Primetime and their commericials...Again..Even if Cain does win..Their has STILL..Not been a Mexican HW champ.

Discuss..[/quote']

Born in Mexico? Nope. Raised in Mexico? Nope Educated in Mexico? Nope Worked in Mexico (lol)? Nope. Trained in Mexico? Nope. Sounds Mexican to me. Maybe he has at least visited the place lol

I mean to make things even worse th guy doesn't even live in Mexico or have a Mexican passport it's kinda disrespectful to US really they pay for his father's bills they paid for Cain's education and they are now paying for his UFC contract and all he can say is "Brown Pride"

lol where did you hear that he doesn't have a passport? That would be hilarious.

And I'll add this, straight from the be-all-end-all of information, Wikipedia..

Cain Ramirez Velasquez[3] (born July 28, 1982) is an American[4] mixed martial artist in the Heavyweight division.

I guess the UFC has forgotten about Ricco Rodriguez, who is about as Mexican, if not more so, than Cain Velasquez.

was he born in Mexico? No. Are both his parents Mexican? Yes. Does that makes him mexican? Yes it does' date=' Jesus christ how many times have i got to say this.[/quote']

I'm pointing out that the UFC has failed a bit by trying to hype up a fighter who's not actually Mexican. If Cain does win, do Mexico have a belt?

Example:

Champions:

Frankie Edgar (American)

GSP (Canadian)

Anderson Silva (Brazilian)

Mauricio Rua (Brazilian)

Cain (American)

Still not a Mexican champ. So I'm just saying...The UFC failed just a little bit.

All the hype on the commericals and primetime trying to sell it to another crowd talking about their has never been a Mexican HW champ. If Cain does win..Their still has not been a Mexican HW champion. Born in Mexico? Nope..Technically he's not Mexican..If it was like the GSP Primetime I would get it because GSP is an actual Canadian' date=' not born in America and saying he's Canadian. So I just want to point out..The UFC has failed just a little bit by saying all of that to hype up the fight and having the Mexican color flag everywhere on Primetime and their commericials...Again..Even if Cain does win..Their has STILL..Not been a Mexican HW champ.

Discuss..[/quote']

Mexican means someone who isn't white.

Are you saying Cain is white now?

I'm pointing out that the UFC has failed a bit by trying to hype up a fighter who's not actually Mexican. If Cain does win' date=' do Mexico have a belt?

Example:

Champions:

Frankie Edgar (American)

GSP (Canadian)

Anderson Silva (Brazilian)

Mauricio Rua (Brazilian)

Cain (American)

Still not a Mexican champ. So I'm just saying...The UFC failed just a little bit.[/quote']

No Moron his parents are both Mexican and therefore he is Mexican. It doesnt matter that he was born in America he's still Mexican. Both my dad's parents are Spanish but he was born in England and holds a British passport and considers himself English however he is still Spanish and as a result im half-spanish. It's really simple but half this forum is retarded

if Cain says he's Mexican then he's Mexican' date=' I don't know how familiar you are with how citizenship works but just because he's a US citizen it doesn't mean he's American

I don't know why everyone is taking pot shots at Cain for being proud of his heritage[/quote']

I say that I'm Brazilian then, sounds cool.

No Moron his parents are both Mexican and therefore he is Mexican. It doesnt matter that he was born in America he's still Mexican. Both my dad's parents are Spanish but he was born in England and holds a British passport and considers himself English however he is still Spanish and as a result im half-spanish. It's really simple but half this forum is retarded
Born in America? You are American you idiot! You can try to turn America into mexico all you want,Hate the white man all you want but the fact remains he is American and to disrespect my country by acting like mexicans are superior and take advantage of us is an insult. We will only take so much of your disrespect and then you will wish you were in mexico. Mexico is Garbage!

Spanish is not a race it's a nationality or language.

if Cain says he's Mexican then he's Mexican, I don't know how familiar you are with how citizenship works but just because he's a US citizen it doesn't mean he's American

it absolutely does. not only is he a citizen, but he was born in the USA. he may be of mexican DESCENT, but that is not the same as being mexican. my family is from sicily, but that doesn't make me sicilian. i'm an american because i was born here and i am a citizen. if i move to mexico and i am granted citizenship, then i would be mexican.

and now, due to your stupidity, we are all familiar with how much (or little) YOU know about how citizenship works.

So let me get this straight....

If a Jewish man born in Hollywood, CA fought in MMA, got himself a title shot in the UFC...

the UFC would be wrong if they advertised that we might possibly have our first Jewish champion - just because the guy was NOT born in Israel???

STFUGTFO you absolute morons.

The UFC is perfectly fine advertizing the way they are. Its called marketing. Sure Cain was born in the USA, making him an American citizen, but he is still a full blooded mexican descendant.

Shut the hell up already.

He is Mexican by heritage. He is full Mexican by blood. He is American by citizenship.

Hell, looking at the facts, he is only ONE generation removed from Mexican citizenship, so its not even as bad as it would be his great great great great grandparents moved here 100 years ago.

We haven't had a hispanic (of any kind) ufc HW champ ever. The marketing is fine.

My only issue is that they are making a much much BIGGER deal about it than they ought to be. "Mexican" is just a TINY little bit of what makes Cain, Cain. His heritage certainly isn't going to help him stuff a takedown.

I am rooting for Cain because I think Brock is bad for the division. I used to think he was trash and bad for the sport, but he looks to have humbled himself and came back down to earth. Time will tell.

Brock is HUGE and powerful. He is pretty skilled too. But at his size and strength, he needs his own division, with Carwin and the other monsters.

Couture was 60lbs. lighter. Cain will have a 30-40 lbs. disadvantage. Even JDS will be giving up 20-30 lbs. to Brock.

In any other weight class on the planet that difference is absurd.

If Brock becomes "unstoppable" the HW division will dry up as fighters drop weight, or move out of UFC until he is gone.

Make HW 215-235

Maybe there could be a super HW division, like say 245min.-275max. Brock would still likely dominate that division with his freak combination of size, speed, and power.

If a Jewish man born in Hollywood' date=' CA fought in MMA, got himself a title shot in the UFC...

the UFC would be wrong if they advertised that we might possibly have our first Jewish champion - just because the guy was NOT born in Israel???

STFUGTFO you absolute morons.[/quote']

Probably not the most relevant analogy you could have made. Judaism is a religion, not a race or nationality. You can be Jewish and be from any country, not just Israel.

We haven't had a hispanic (of any kind) ufc HW champ ever. The marketing is fine.

Ricco Rodriguez.

Both his parents are mexican' date=' he considers himself mexican, he IS mexican. If both my english parents moved to africa and i was born there would i be considerd african? No. This thread is just another poorly disguised dig at the ufc.[/quote']

Africa is not a nation. You cannot become an African citizen. However, if your parents had moved to South Africa (which is a nation in the continent of Africa) then yes, you would be a South African citizen.

Probably not the most relevant analogy you could have made. Judaism is a religion, not a race or nationality. You can be Jewish and be from any country, not just Israel.

Although there is a possible chance to convert to Judaism, as far as I know the "race" side of "Jewish" is something you get from your mothers blood. Yes "Jewish" is sort of a mix of religion, race, and nationality. But some would say that the matriarcal ties are thicker? Maybe not. I'll concede this point to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews

Ricco Rodriguez.

Looked that one up.

So WTF is the UFC saying "First Mexican" about Cain for?

Was Ricco a Mexican champ?

It does say he has Puerto Rico/Mexican heritage.

Maybe the UFC is stupid then, or they buried the memories of Ricco in the rose garden.

Hey look at this, Ricco defeated George Bush by UD!!!! I see a Sit-com.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricco_Rodriguez

Discuss..[/quote']

I soooo right that makes me thing you are innocent LOL .. of course Dana (UFC) knows that but hey can you imagine how many new fans (mexicans) they gonna bring to watch UFC for now on ... at UFC 121 ALOT OF MEXICANS WILL BE INTRODUCED TO UFC instead of only boxe .. I live in Las Vegas and you should see how busy this town gets when one mexican boxer will fight !!! Lets take from here LOL

Both his parents are mexican' date=' he considers himself mexican, he IS mexican. If both my english parents moved to africa and i was born there would i be considerd african? No. This thread is just another poorly disguised dig at the ufc.[/quote']

you totally contradict yourself...science has shown that all (civilized) human life can be traced back to ancient mesopotamia and only god knows before that therefore by your logic there are no mexican american canadian people only mesopotamians or people who cant be classified because there were no names for the area they were located in who have moved to different areas which you said doesnt change that fact. following your reasoning and logic makes you a liar because you wouldnt have "english" parents as you say you would have mesopotamian parents or the mystery land.

Cain isnt mexican he is 100% american as much as he or anyone else would like to deny that fact.:P

Discuss..[/quote']

Are you serious? HE IS MEXICAN! this topic is just stupid! just because a person was born in USA it dont make him American! If his parent, or father is Mexican, then he is Mexican! think about it, if your parent are Japanese, moved to Korea and then you were born IN KOREA, does it make you Japanese? Or Korean? YES YOU ARE 100% Japnese! you may have Korean citizenship! thats about it!

Are you serious? HE IS MEXICAN! this topic is just stupid! just because a person was born in USA it dont make him American! If his parent' date=' or father is Mexican, then he is Mexican! think about it, if your parent are Japanese, moved to Korea and then you were born IN KOREA, does it make you Japanese? Or Korean? YES YOU ARE 100% Japnese! you may have Korean citizenship! thats about it![/quote']

Well if Cain Velasquez is Mexican, so is Ricco Rodriguez.

Which would mean that there has already been a Mexican HW champion.

There is nothing to discuss really because your right he's not Mexican end of.

If he joined the army tomorrow he would be fighting for America not Mexico' date=' just like if he died tomorrow his death certificate would say Nationality: American. Despite his blood being Mexican.[/quote']

agreed, his nationality is american, hell...his citizenship is also american BUT his race is always Mexicans! just think about it, when he apply a job where he has to put his 'race', is he gonna put done american? NOPE! he will be putting race as mexicans....i really dont get why only americans would get confuse in this topic??

agreed' date=' his nationality is american, hell...his citizenship is also american BUT his race is always Mexicans! just think about it, when he apply a job where he has to put his 'race', is he gonna put done american? NOPE! he will be putting race as mexicans....i really dont get why only americans would get confuse in this topic??[/quote']

Are you not listening to a word I'm saying?

If Ricco Rodriguez isn't Mexican, neither is Cain Velasquez.

It doesn't work both ways.

According to a recent article on TSN' date=' while Cain's father has dual US/Mexican citizenship, Cain only has US. So no, he does not have a Mexican passport.

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=338075[/quote']

OMG....so if you own a US citizenhip passport that make you an american? is that it? so if someone born in japan and then came to USA let's say 5yrs old. do not even speak no japanese, got a USA passort, does it make him american?

so, if an american who was born in China, own Chinese passport, does it make him CHINESE?????

THANK YOU! i really thought i was fighting a losing battle here....one thing is ture! half ppl in this forum r retarded!

Born in America? You are American you idiot! You can try to turn America into mexico all you want' date='Hate the white man all you want but the fact remains he is American and to disrespect my country by acting like mexicans are superior and take advantage of us is an insult. We will only take so much of your disrespect and then you will wish you were in mexico. Mexico is Garbage![/quote']

this really go back to...so IF your children are born in Korea, are they Korean then? you are truly an idiot! so am i turning American to Korean now??? WTF?

Cain is not disrespecting USA, he is just proud of what he is, which is Mexican!

was he born in Mexico? No. Are both his parents Mexican? Yes. Does that makes him mexican? Yes it does' date=' Jesus christ how many times have i got to say this.[/quote']

Correct

if Cain says he's Mexican then he's Mexican' date=' I don't know how familiar you are with how citizenship works but [b']just because he's a US citizen it doesn't mean he's American[/b]

Ahhh thats exactly what it means you ****ing retard.

he's still 100% mexican even if he was born in the US. therefore' date=' he is mexican.[/quote']

Dumb ***.

If a Jewish man born in Hollywood' date=' CA fought in MMA, got himself a title shot in the UFC...

the UFC would be wrong if they advertised that we might possibly have our first Jewish champion - just because the guy was NOT born in Israel[/b']???

STFUGTFO you absolute morons.

The UFC is perfectly fine advertizing the way they are. Its called marketing. Sure Cain was born in the USA, making him an American citizen, but he is still a full blooded mexican descendant.Shut the hell up already.

He is Mexican by heritage. He is full Mexican by blood. He is American by citizenship.

Hell, looking at the facts, he is only ONE generation removed from Mexican citizenship, so its not even as bad as it would be his great great great great grandparents moved here 100 years ago.

YOU are the moron.

First off, If a Jewish man (born in america) fought for the UFC and they said he would be the first Jewish champ then that would be fine, but saying that he would be the first Israeli champ would not be right because he is not from Israel.

If the UFC wants to call Cain the first Hispanic HW champ then that would be right, but to call him the first Mexican HW champ is wrong because he is not from Mexico.

Nationality and race are two different things.

If you can't understand it now then you are dumb.

Archived