French vs. English-speaking Canadians

MysticKJ

I'm not Canadian, but I have heard that there is a deep line between these two sects of Canada...

is this assessment valid, is this mostly a lower-class or upper-class division?

i'm just curious because I was told that French and English speakers in Canada are not friendly with one another....supposedly along the same intensity as racism...

also, if this is true...do Canadians that are not French-Canadian root for GSP?

I'm not Canadian' date=' but I have heard that there is a deep line between these two sects of Canada...

is this assessment valid, is this mostly a lower-class or upper-class division?

i'm just curious because I was told that French and English speakers in Canada are not friendly with one another....supposedly along the same intensity as racism...

also, if this is true...do Canadians that are not French-Canadian root for GSP?[/quote']

It's not just between french and english.

I'm from Central canada and I dislike people from Ontario and Quebec.

so it's more regional?

why do you not like Ontario and Quebec people? language or something else?

because there all prissy punks. Ontario people act like some high class U.S citizens and think they are better the rest of canada and Quebecer's think they are better because they try to act French.

Nothing beats hard working prairie folk and the west coast stoners lol

because there all prissy punks. Ontario people act like some high class U.S citizens and think they are better the rest of canada and Quebecer's think they are better because they try to act French.

Nothing beats hard working prairie folk and the west coast stoners lol

Why don't you go bail some hay, hick? :)

Ontario rules, well, because it's the home of the Leafs. End of story.

But I do love Alberta and BC as well. Manitoba and Saskatchewan are like the provinces everyone forgets about. The only thing to do in Manitoba is play Fallout: New Vegas. LOL

Why don't you go bail some hay' date=' hick? :)

Ontario rules, well, because it's the home of the Leafs. End of story.

But I do love Alberta and BC as well. Manitoba and Saskatchewan are like the provinces everyone forgets about. The only thing to do in Manitoba is play Fallout: New Vegas. LOL[/quote']

A) Leafs suck balls but I still love them

B) Alberta is full a bunch of newfie and cocaine-addicted riggers

C) NEVER pile Saskatchewan and dirty Manitoba together.

D) Winnipeg has Joe Doerksen which makes it somewhat enjoyable

E) I like hating the roughriders

I am from Toronto,Ontario

I have no problems with the French Canadians, I have friends who are from Quebec and I have not encountered this "Racism"

As for the Western part of Canada hating on the East ie ONT and QUE

Haters... Toronto is the biggest city in Canada period., most multicultural city in the country.

I am from Toronto' date='Ontario

I have no problems with the French Canadians, I have friends who are from Quebec and I have not encountered this "Racism"

As for the Western part of Canada hating on the East ie ONT and QUE

Haters... Toronto is the biggest city in Canada period., most multicultural city in the country.[/quote']

Toronto's the Romo

A) Leafs suck balls but I still love them

B) Alberta is full a bunch of newfie and cocaine-addicted riggers

C) NEVER pile Saskatchewan and dirty Manitoba together.

D) Winnipeg has Joe Doerksen which makes it somewhat enjoyable

E) I like hating the roughriders

A) The Leafs are off to a good start bro......could be a big year.......(I say this every year)

B) Hard to argue this..........although with the downturn in the oil industry, it just became a bunch of newfies. :)

C) True, that was stepping over the line. Saskatchewan is nowhere near as bad as Manitoba (lol)

D) Good point. Who doesn't love El Dirte? And you guys should still have the Jets......or they should at least bring em back.

E) CFL sucks bro. It's like the retard football league. I've got a lot of Canadian pride, but an 8 team pro sports league is just shameful. Just talking about it is embarrassing.......

I don't have a problem with French-Canadians, but I do have a problem with there government. They expect the rest of Canada to pretty much fund their province. One of their provincial ministers actually said that its a federalist plot against Quebec that there aren't many french-canadian players on the Montreal Canadians, ridiculous.

A) The Leafs are off to a good start bro......could be a big year.......(I say this every year)

B) Hard to argue this..........although with the downturn in the oil industry' date=' it just became a bunch of newfies. :)

C) True, that was stepping over the line. Saskatchewan is nowhere near as bad as Manitoba (lol)

D) Good point. Who doesn't love El Dirte? And you guys should still have the Jets......or they should at least bring em back.

E) CFL sucks bro. It's like the retard football league. I've got a lot of Canadian pride, but an 8 team pro sports league is just shameful. Just talking about it is embarrassing.......[/quote']

A) I am proud to cheer for the leafs even though I don't pay attention to hockey lol

B) Not to mention the rabid homeless problem in calgary......

C) Saskatchewan produced Jordan Eberly to hockey

D)Jets suck. Only El Dirte

E) I have zero pride except for olympics. CFL sucks, NHL (minus Leafs) suck, blue jays suck, curling sucks, lacross sucks

A) I am proud to cheer for the leafs even though I don't pay attention to hockey lol

B) Not to mention the rabid homeless problem in calgary......

C) Saskatchewan produced Jordan Eberly to hockey

D)Jets suck. Only El Dirte

E) I have zero pride except for olympics. CFL sucks' date=' NHL (minus Leafs) suck, blue jays suck, curling sucks, lacross sucks[/quote']

How do the bluejays sucks?

and what province you from?

Its more of a regional thing than a real linguistic thing. Because of historic population numbers Ontario and Quebec have a larger number of parliment seats than the West or Atlantic province do. Therefore, they are pandered to much more by the federal government. More tax dollars are funneled to those provinces in an effort to get votes. Basically without support in Ontario and Qubec no federal political party can achieve a majority of seat in Parliment.

The only problem I have with Quebec are the hard line seperatists who's goal in life is to separate from Canada. Failing that to suck every single dollar they can from the rest of Canada. On a personal level I have no problems with Quebecors. I go to the Montreal area 3-4x a year on business and your avg eveyday French Canadian is no different from anyone else.

Its more of a regional thing than a real linguistic thing. Because of historic population numbers Ontario and Quebec have a larger number of parliment seats than the West or Atlantic province do. Therefore' date=' they are pandered to much more by the federal government. More tax dollars are funneled to those provinces in an effort to get votes. Basically without support in Ontario and Qubec no federal political party can achieve a majority of seat in Parliment.

The only problem I have with Quebec are the hard line seperatists who's goal in life is to [b']separate from Canada[/b]. Failing that to suck every single dollar they can from the rest of Canada. On a personal level I have no problems with Quebecors. I go to the Montreal area 3-4x a year on business and your avg eveyday French Canadian is no different from anyone else.

Quebec wants to become their own nation? i'm not a geography expert but wouldn't that separate most of Canada from those places like Nova Scotia, and these other small places to the far east?

Quebec wants to become their own nation? i'm not a geography expert but wouldn't that separate most of Canada from those places like Nova Scotia' date=' and these other small places to the far east?[/quote']

ya because the east coaster are behind in the times. Don't think they've ever seen a plane before

Quebec wants to become their own nation? i'm not a geography expert but wouldn't that separate most of Canada from those places like Nova Scotia' date=' and these other small places to the far east?[/quote']

Yeh I know Quebec is stupid. They even wanted to have their own currency LOL I wonder how much it would have been worth.

Quebec did invent Poutine is that a +1

on a different note....how do Canadians feel about their portrayal in South Park? the whole head detaches when speaking thing...

do you guys take it as seriously as Muslims take the Mohammed thing or is it water under the bridge?

i form 100% of my opinions about Canadians from you guys cuz you are the only Canadians I have exchanged words with lol...

on a different note....how do Canadians feel about their portrayal in South Park? the whole head detaches when speaking thing...

do you guys take it as seriously as Muslims take the Mohammed thing or is it water under the bridge?

i form 100% of my opinions about Canadians from you guys cuz you are the only Canadians I have exchanged words with lol...

Haven't seen a south park episode since like when Jimmy got on

Muslims are the only people stupid enough to get mad enough to blow **** up over things like cartoons.

i think south park is hilarious..........i don't mind if americans think were stupid, it's like when the big retard comes up to you in the park and says "your stupid".........you just pat them on the head and smile because you know the truth;):P

i think south park is hilarious..........i don't mind if americans think were stupid' date=' it's like when the big retard comes up to you in the park and says "your stupid".........you just pat them on the head and smile because you know the truth;):P[/quote']

We can't all be as smart as you canucks ; )

CandianMounties.jpg

It's not just between french and english.

I'm from Central canada and I dislike people from Ontario and Quebec.

And I am French descent - born and raised in Ontario and currently live in Quebec...must be why you can't stand me huh? ;)

But to the OP:

Yes - the language war is a big deal here - but only in Quebec really...and even moreso the further you go into the heart of the province. I live in western Quebec, and I am a minority..actually my whole city is a minority here in that 60% of people here are English, and the other 40% are bilingual. There are English schools and anywhere you go, you can be served in English. Montreal isn't too bad either because it has a huge tourism influx and hospitality industry. But if you want a Francphone to answer you, you had better at least ATTEMPT to address them in French first.

And I don't think the language thing affects the fanfare surrounding GSP - I think Canadians will back other Canadians as fans regardless in this case IMO.

And I am French descent - born and raised in Ontario and currently live in Quebec...must be why you can't stand me huh? ;)

But to the OP:

Yes - the language war is a big deal here - but only in Quebec really...and even moreso the further you go into the heart of the province. I live in western Quebec' date=' and I am a minority..actually my whole city is a minority here in that 60% of people here are English, and the other 40% are bilingual. There are English schools and anywhere you go, you can be served in English. Montreal isn't too bad either because it has a huge tourism influx and hospitality industry. But if you want a Francphone to answer you, you had better at least ATTEMPT to address them in French first.

And I don't think the language thing affects the fanfare surrounding GSP - I think Canadians will back other Canadians as fans regardless in this case IMO.[/quote']

your on the **** list at the moment while I wait for a pm back

But to the OP:

Yes - the language war is a big deal here - but only in Quebec really...and even moreso the further you go into the heart of the province. I live in western Quebec' date=' and I am a minority..actually my whole city is a minority here in that 60% of people here are English, and the other 40% are bilingual. There are English schools and anywhere you go, you can be served in English. Montreal isn't too bad either because it has a huge tourism influx and hospitality industry. But if you want a Francphone to answer you, you had better at least ATTEMPT to address them in French first.

And I don't think the language thing affects the fanfare surrounding GSP - I think Canadians will back other Canadians as fans regardless in this case IMO.[/quote']

thx...

i'm from Toronto man, 22 years old, i've lived out on the East coast in Newfoundland, visited out West coast, have family on both sides. i don't know about any super tension between English & French speakers, most people country wide have bad idea of Quebec because of the seperatist attitude, and the fact they speak french but i have friends from the Q & they don't bother me much, no difference but language.

BTW i'm not nescessarily a fan of GSP. almost all canadians respect him, if not favour him overall all fighters, i am not one of them, he probably isn't even my top 10, but I, as most canadians will always go out to the bars & support the guy in his fight, aswell as defend him to haters because all the **** talking & ****riding is unfounded

B) Hard to argue this..........although with the downturn in the oil industry' date=' it just became a bunch of newfies. :)

E) CFL sucks bro. It's like the retard football league. I've got a lot of Canadian pride, but an 8 team pro sports league is just shameful. Just talking about it is embarrassing.......[/quote']

A) Toronto were 1st in the entire NHL before last nights games. only team ahead in standings is Stanley Cup winner Chicago, because they have played 3 or 4 more games then Toronto, yet only have 2 or3 more points.

B) Newfies are the most nice, welcoming, partying people in Canada, Alberta should thank them for bringing the party there.

D) CB Dollaway don't love El Dirte, that choke was nasty!

i ****ing love me some South Park, alot of my friends do to, Canadians are the funniest most easy going people out there, go watch some Trailor Park Boys if you don't believe me. we know how to take a joke & aren't little sensitive *****es about **** like that. IMO its ****in hilarious, & FTR Ike, the Canadian little brother on alot of episodes shows that he is a genius for his age, like most Canadians. True say :D

I lol at the south park portrayal as long as they don't draw any pictures of Wayne Gretzky, peace be up on his hockey stick. If they do that I may have to blow some **** up.

South Park offends me more as a ginger than as a Canadian lol........****ing kick a ginger day

i ****ing love me some South Park' date=' alot of my friends do to, [i']Canadians are the funniest most easy going people out there[/i], go watch some Trailor Park Boys if you don't believe me. we know how to take a joke & aren't little sensitive *****es about **** like that. IMO its ****in hilarious, & FTR Ike, the Canadian little brother on alot of episodes shows that he is a genius for his age, like most Canadians. True say :D

Effin THIS! haha!

Well said. ;)

lol saying english speaking canaians dislike french speaking canadians is like saying tthe entire south of the USA hates black people. its just not true.

there may be isollated cases, sure, but those re[resent the individuals involed, not the group of people as a whole.

i was born a french canadian, though i speak english, and i hate no stigma.

imo canadians are the most chilled mother****ers on earth............ must be the igloos :D

lol saying english speaking canaians dislike french speaking canadians is like saying tthe entire south of the USA hates black people. its just not true.

there may be isollated cases' date=' sure, but those re[resent the individuals involed, not the group of people as a whole.

i was born a french canadian, though i speak english, and i hate no stigma.

imo canadians are the most chilled mother****ers on earth............ must be the igloos :D[/quote]

I agree. For the most part it isn't a problem...we all get along just fine.

You originally a Quebecois?

Archived