Why is everyone so worked up...

joshdfs

about how the UFC chooses to promote 121?

Why do so many people cry and complain about the "Mexican" angle in the promotion of this upcoming fight? What does it even matter anyway? The push into new markets (UK, Mexico, Australia, etc..) has been front and center in the UFC marketing strategy since the very beginning. It has absolutely zero bearing on the fight or its outcome so why is everyone so upset about freaking COMMERCIALS?

I just don't get it. Please let it go already.

Why do so many people cry and complain about the "Mexican" angle in the promotion of this upcoming fight? What does it even matter anyway? The push into new markets (UK' date=' Mexico, Australia, etc..) has been front and center in the UFC marketing strategy since the very beginning. It has absolutely zero bearing on the fight or its outcome so why is everyone so upset about freaking COMMERCIALS?

I just don't get it. Please let it go already.[/quote']

I really don't care myself, but can appreciate the disdain.........it's beginning to look like a pretty cheesy effort, on par with promos for the WWE. I preferred it when fighter skill did the hyping.

Why do so many people cry and complain about the "Mexican" angle in the promotion of this upcoming fight? What does it even matter anyway? The push into new markets (UK' date=' Mexico, Australia, etc..) has been front and center in the UFC marketing strategy since the very beginning. It has absolutely zero bearing on the fight or its outcome so why is everyone so upset about freaking COMMERCIALS?

People like to complain. Using heritage to pull in a fanbase is something you see in boxing everyday .

I really don't care myself' date=' but can appreciate the disdain.........it's beginning to look like a pretty cheesy effort, on par with promos for the WWE. I preferred it when fighter skill did the hyping.[/quote']

Pretty much, its like Bipsing all over. At least they were not trying to call Bisping American or German or something.

Misleading is something to care about if you ask me. You shouldnt be able to lie about things in a commercial to make your product seem more interesting I cant believe you would attempt to defend this.

Misleading is something to care about if you ask me. You shouldnt be able to lie about things in a commercial to make your product seem more interesting I cant believe you would attempt to defend this.

I don't remember the promo every saying he was a Mexican citizen or born in Mexico. Its obvious Cain relates strongly to the Mexican roots of his family and the Latino community. Roger Huerta has been wearing the Mexican tricolor shorts for years even though he was born in LA and people haven't complained.

these people are racist and have a phobia of mexicans

"There takin are JOOOOOBS!!"

I can see a demographic for the upcoming event...

50% true fans who would have been watching anyway...

30% new fans from Mexico or of Mexican decent cheering for Cain to do their people proud...

and 20% Knuckle dragging rednecks (A.K.A. Brock fans... lol, jk) hoping to see "that big ole white boy whoop that Mescans ***!"

"There takin are JOOOOOBS!!"

I can see a demographic for the upcoming event...

50% true fans who would have been watching anyway...

30% new fans from Mexico or of Mexican decent cheering for Cain to do their people proud...

and 20% Knuckle dragging rednecks (A.K.A. Brock fans... lol' date=' jk) hoping to see "that big ole white boy whoop that Mescans ***!"[/quote']

haha..........

I don't remember the promo every saying he was a Mexican citizen or born in Mexico. Its obvious Cain relates strongly to the Mexican roots of his family and the Latino community. Roger Huerta has been wearing the Mexican tricolor shorts for years even though he was born in LA and people haven't complained.

Roger is a fighter UFC is an organization you see the difference? They have to be responsible for their actions fighters can be stupid because nobody expects them to be intelligent I mean they are getting hit the face for a living.

And drinking beer really does make you cool and the women fall all over you...

Ivory soap really does kill 99.99% of all germs...

And the Toyota Prius is the most green and economic car you can buy.

It is called advertising and marketting to a target demographic.

I am not defending anything, I just don't understand how any reasonable person could act like they are so shocked and outraged by it when you see it every day in every newspaper, internet ad, and TV commercial in the world.

And drinking beer really does make you cool and the women fall all over you...

Ivory soap really does kill 99.99% of all germs...

And the Toyota Prius is the most green and economic car you can buy.

It is called advertising and marketting to a target demographic.

I am not defending anything' date=' I just don't understand how any reasonable person could act like they are so shocked and outraged by it when you see it every day in every newspaper, internet ad, and TV commercial in the world.[/quote']

Those little lines at the bottom read them sometimes.

"results may very" Is one of them I dont see those with the UFC and just because everyone else does it doesnt mean I like it or that its ok.

Ricco Rodrigues is

Puerto Rican!

In case you didn't know' date=' Puerto Rican and Mexican are not the same thing, as much as ignorance and insensitivity to other cultures and history may say they are.[/quote']

Wow someone said PR's and Mexicans are the same? Amazing lol.

I am puerto rican but everyone says i look mexican. Some of my more country folk friends call me mexican. Needless to say i dont hang out with them after i got his sister to move in with me :P She is just as bad jokingly but its a girl you know? lol

Wow someone said PR's and Mexicans are the same? Amazing lol.

I am puerto rican but everyone says i look mexican. Some of my more country folk friends call me mexican. Needless to say i dont hang out with them after i got his sister to move in with me :P She is just as bad jokingly but its a girl you know? lol

Puerto Rican women are hot.

Ricco Rodrigues is

Puerto Rican!

In case you didn't know' date=' Puerto Rican and Mexican are not the same thing, as much as ignorance and insensitivity to other cultures and history may say they are.[/quote']

Well i just searched on wiki and it says he is from Puerto rican and mexican descent...

Did i say Puerto Rican and Mexican are the same?

Roger Huerta also doesnt have a mindlessly racist tattoo across his chest like Cain does.

I use them term "racist" loosely as I personally enjoy racial humor, but it is what it is.

I hear you. Aside from bringing in most of the best talent in MMA they also have some of the best marketing of any business in existence. They know that this gets a whole new segment of people interested in this fight. Marketing is a huge reason why the UFC is so massively successful now and why MMA is on the map now. Fighting for them is a dream to a lot of fighters not because the paycheck the UFC pays out but because the promoting they do which earns much larger sponsorship contracts.

Awesome marketing = solid money for the UFC and it's fighters.

Archived