Cain fought for Strikeforce and Bodog

guesswho

Kinda gives a slap to the face of those who would say anything outside the UFC is 2nd rate. A few others like Jon Fitch who had a number of padded wins in "MMA mexico" ,and also Chael Sonnen who fought for Bodog and Gladiators challenge and was submitted by Forrest Griffin and lost 3 times vs. Jeremy Horn for 0-3 total.

I just tend to laugh at guys who say that the UFC is the best..... sure they promote and have a lot of really good fighters. At the same time you have to ask yourself where did all the guys in the UFC start? Where did Shane Carwin get his first 8 wins or Lyoto get his first 8 wins? Oh yeah in the smaller orgs that dont have to money or fanbase to try to compete with the UFC.

I just tend to laugh at guys who say that the UFC is the best..... sure they promote and have a lot of really good fighters. At the same time you have to ask yourself where did all the guys in the UFC start? Where did Shane Carwin get his first 8 wins or Lyoto get his first 8 wins? Oh yeah in the smaller orgs that dont have to money or fanbase to try to compete with the UFC.

When people distinguish themselves in these lesser organizations then they get the privilege of coming to the ufc ; )

Thats why Tito is the best.

When people distinguish themselves in these lesser organizations then they get the privilege of coming to the ufc ; )

Except that lesser organizations are criticized for fighters fighting cans and weak pool of fighters so with that philosophy, you cant really earn your way into the UFC. You can only be lucky to have been noticed.

Cain's only had 2 fights before coming to the UFC. Also, i can mention about 4 top contenders who had shaky records outside the UFC and/or had under 4 fights before coming into the UFC. All against unkowns and inactives.

UFC is the best show. Not the best fighters, no organization can say that if they have had the Anderson Silva's and Lyoto Machida's of the world fight in them.

so thats how they do it :rolleyes:

Thats why Tito is the best.

Yeah he was the best at one point in his career not anymore though.... he is still the best at making excuses ;)

There are many international B-Ball players playing in the NBA now, some even have championships--- Does that make the Euro Leagues on par with the NBA?

There are many international soccer (football, futbol, whatever) players now playing in the English Premiere League, does that make the Caribbean or South American leagues on par with the EPL?

There are many drivers who started on dirt oval tracks in the boonies that are now in NASCAR...

There are many American style football players who came from the CFL or arena leagues, are they on par with the NFL?

Get the point?

Except that lesser organizations are criticized for fighters fighting cans and weak pool of fighters so with that philosophy' date=' you cant really earn your way into the UFC. You can only be lucky to have been noticed.

Cain's only had 2 fights before coming to the UFC. Also, i can mention about 4 top contenders who had shaky records outside the UFC and/or had under 4 fights before coming into the UFC. All against unkowns and inactives.

[b']UFC is the best show. Not the best fighters, no organization can say that if they have had the Anderson Silva's and Lyoto Machida's of the world fight in them[/b].

Remind me, where do those guys fight now?

so thats how they do it :rolleyes:

Yeah he was the best at one point in his career not anymore though.... he is still the best at making excuses ;)

98% of fighters have an excuse for why they lost I dont understand why everyone gets on Tito's *** for doing it? People love to hate Tito I personally find it annoying.

Except that lesser organizations are criticized for fighters fighting cans and weak pool of fighters so with that philosophy' date=' you cant really earn your way into the UFC. You can only be lucky to have been noticed.

[b']UFC is the best show. Not the best fighters[/b], no organization can say that if they have had the Anderson Silva's and Lyoto Machida's of the world fight in them.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...

Mr. Scott Coker!!!

UFC is the best show. Not the best fighters, no organization can say that if they have had the Anderson Silva's and Lyoto Machida's of the world fight in them.[/quote']

You can noticed by showing you are better than the cans in that organization ; )

98% of fighters have an excuse for why they lost I dont understand why everyone gets on Tito's *** for doing it? People love to hate Tito I personally find it annoying.

yeah but they dont come in to fights saying they are in the best shape of there life and they are ready to make a run for the title and then after they loose complain about their back or head being cracked. The only thing I dont like about all the Tito talk is when they bring his wife into it.

There are many international B-Ball players playing in the NBA now' date=' some even have championships--- Does that make the Euro Leagues on par with the NBA?

There are many international soccer (football, futbol, whatever) players now playing in the English Premiere League, does that make the Caribbean or South American leagues on par with the EPL?

There are many drivers who started on dirt oval tracks in the boonies that are now in NASCAR...

There are many American style football players who came from the CFL or arena leagues, are they on par with the NFL?

Get the point?[/quote']

I think you are missing the point. Its like saying all NFL players are better than college players. Then a college player comes to the NFL and is better than the NFL players.

yeah but they dont come in to fights saying they are in the best shape of there life and they are ready to make a run for the title and then after they loose complain about their back or head being cracked. The only thing I dont like about all the Tito talk is when they bring his wife into it.

Yes it is logical for Tito to claim he is in bad shape before a fight. I understand this completely.

When James McSweeney fights in your organization' date=' you've got no business comparing it to the NFL, NBA, etc.

I could list another 40 scrubs in the UFC that easily remove it from use in such an analogy.[/quote']

In the nfl you don't need scrubs to lose to your up and comers/ guys on the way back up. That and the talent pool for mma is still smaller than other sports as it is still new.

Remind me' date=' where do those guys fight now?[/quote']

I can tell you that they fight in the ufc and i can also tell you that last year they didnt and tommorrow they might not be in the UFC. I can also tell you that our UFC champions have had title defenses against guys brought in from smaller organizations. Where you are leading to is "They are in the UFC now so obviously they came from a low ball to the limelight" and i say you are right. Now, where do you think the next pool of prospects will go? Do you think the entire pool of talent is accepted into the UFC and the bad ones are discarded? The UFC has a number, they cannot go past that number becuase that number is the budget for payroll. So my question to you is

Does that payroll number match the total number of talent and skill in all of MMA?

Ladies and gentlemen' date=' I present to you...

Mr. Scott Coker!!![/quote']

Haha, be careful with me. Im very concise and very honest. The UFC is the best overall. Great fighters who are highly motivated because they are getting paid lots more and they have bonuses. They are also given the stick with the carrot because 2-3 bad performances and your out.

UFC beats them all. The UFC however, does not have all the money in the world to bring in all the great fighters and all the best fighters. Remember, a guy losing in gladiators challenge today can be tommorrows next UFC champion.

I think you are missing the point. Its like saying all NFL players are better than college players. Then a college player comes to the NFL and is better than the NFL players.

No it is saying that as an organization on whole, the NFL has the best football players on the planet.

I am sure there are football players out there who are better than anyone in the NFL but never played, that doesn't diminish the NFL as the best in the world.

I am sure there are many fighters out there who could beat many fighters on the UFC roster but for one reason or another will never be there. That does not diminish the UFC as the best MMA ORGANIZATION on the planet.

Of the 5 major weight divisions, the ufc has the highest percentage of top 10 guys in the world. They don't have all of the best, but they have the most.

When James McSweeney fights in your organization' date=' you've got no business comparing it to the NFL, NBA, etc.

I could list another 40 scrubs in the UFC that easily remove it from use in such an analogy.[/quote']

McSweeney is a joke.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/James-McSweeney-22111

His 2nd fight he loses by "smother choke". In case your wondering what that is, watch the fight. He taps due to a fat guy's belly being on his face.

There are many international B-Ball players playing in the NBA now' date=' some even have championships--- Does that make the Euro Leagues on par with the NBA?

Get the point?[/quote']

I would kind of accept that the UFC is one team in the NFL or NBA.

I don't accept that they are the whole league.

You can noticed by showing you are better than the cans in that organization ; )

Exactly. Alot of those fighters your talking about have been beating opponents like you say and are not in the UFC right now. Just look at Jake Shields,Nick Diaz, Gilbert Milendez, Gerard Mousasi, etc. Some of thses guys have even had up to 15 win streaks and arent in the UFC. Hence, the MMA talent and skill is in all organizations. you just have to think outside the octagon :P to know.

(Shield's finally made it to the big show but it got rocky last 2 fights) Imagine if he lost? Everyone would say he was a overrated can.

Exactly. Alot of those fighters your talking about have been beating opponents like you say and are not in the UFC right now. Just look at Jake Shields' date='Nick Diaz, Gilbert Milendez, Gerard Mousasi, etc. Some of thses guys have even had up to 15 win streaks and arent in the UFC. Hence, the MMA talent and skill is in all organizations. you just have to think outside the octagon :P to know.

[b'](Shield's finally made it to the big show but it got rocky last 2 fights) Imagine if he lost? Everyone would say he was a overrated can[/b].

Thats like people in the UFC too.

I honestly think if the UFC had 20 fights vs Strikeforce 20 fighters it would be about equal.

Thats like people in the UFC too.

I honestly think if the UFC had 20 fights vs Strikeforce 20 fighters it would be about equal.

Definatly. As long as GSP, Anderson, and Brock only fight once lol. Those guys each have there own attributes.

GSp being so fast and athletic

Anderson Being so accurate and lanky

Brock for being so big and athletic.

I dont know if I agree with this.

Brock vs Reem Brock imo

Jds vs Werdum happened already

Cain - Fedor- Fedor

Carwin- big foot Carwin easily

Shogun- Rafael Cavalcante Shogun via murder

Lyoto vs Mousasi Lyoto

Rashad vs King Mo Rashad easily as he wouldn't gas in round 1 lol

Jones vs sobral Jones

Anderson vs Henderson happened already

Vitor vs Cung le Vitor vis murder

Sonnen vs Mayhem Sonnen via murder

Nate vs ???? Who else do they even have???

Gsp vs Diaz Gsp via 5 round of humiliating humping

Fitch vs Paul Daley = 3 rounds of humiliating humping

Shields vs Kj Noons = 3 rounds of humiliating humping

Kos vs whatever is left over = 3 rounds of humiliating humping

Edgar vs Gilbert Gilbert would own Edgar actually

Penn vs Aoki Penn would murder Aoki

Kj Noons vs Maynard = maynard imo

Florian vs Josh Thompson = Kenny imo

Good fights but ufc takes 90% of them imo

Brock vs Reem Brock imo

Cain - Fedor- Fedor

Lyoto vs Mousasi Lyoto

Jones vs sobral Jones

Wow very impressive and thanks for putting in the time to do this. These would make some amazing fight cards though huh?

Diaz vs GSP

Cain vs Fedor

Brock vs Overeem

Edgar vs Gilbert

Noons vs Maynard

Penn vs Aoki

JDS rematch

Thats like a dream card.

Brock vs Reem Brock imo

Cain - Fedor- Fedor

Lyoto vs Mousasi Lyoto

Jones vs sobral Jones

Fedor might be able to beat Kongo

Brock vs Reem Brock imo

Cain - Fedor- Fedor

Lyoto vs Mousasi Lyoto

Jones vs sobral Jones

Obvious UFC fan

Obvious UFC fan

yeh i changed it a bit around and got a more even look

Carwin vs Reem - reem

Brock vs Werdum has a better jiu jitsu resume than mir

Brock - Fedor even

JDS vs big foot jds for sure

jones- Rafael Cavalcante even

Shogun vs Mousasi even

Rashad vs King Mo even

Lyoto vs sobral Lyoto of course

Anderson vs Henderson Anderson slightly.

Vitor vs Nick Diaz edge to Diaz sine Vitor wont ko him

Sonnen vs Mayhem slight edge to overrated Chael (see his bios)

Nate vs Robbie Lawler even

Gsp vs Diaz Nick for sure

Fitch vs Paul Daley = Fitch

Shields vs Kj Noons = Noons has excelent tdd so even

Kos vs whatever is left over =maybe

Kj Noons vs Maynard = noons is tough and has excellent tdd

Florian vs Josh Thompson = yeh

Carwin vs Reem - reem

Brock - Fedor even

jones- Rafael Cavalcante evenShogun vs Mousasi even

Rashad vs King Mo evenLyoto vs sobral Lyoto of course

Gsp vs Diaz Nick for sureFitch vs Paul Daley = Fitch

Shields vs Kj Noons = Noons has excelent tdd so evenKos vs whatever is left over =maybe

Kj Noons vs Maynard = noons is tough and has excellent tddFlorian vs Josh Thompson = yeh

All the bolded ones should be obvious why they're wrong.

everyone has to go through the minor leahues in some sort' date=' look how long brock had to languish in that wwe mma league. i think he actually had several HUNDRED matches, on tv and everything, before he got to the show.[/quote']

Are you being a ****r "troll" or do you not understand the vast amount of college wrestling ability that Lesnar has? Besides, (if you really are ignorant) obviously Dana made the right move to put him in the UFC, seeing as he is the champ.

Brock vs Reem Brock imo

Cain - Fedor- Fedor

Lyoto vs Mousasi Lyoto

Jones vs sobral Jones

Very well put and thought out.

Are you being a ****r "troll" or do you not understand the vast amount of college wrestling ability that Lesnar has? Besides' date=' (if you really are ignorant) obviously Dana made the right move to put him in the UFC, seeing as he is the champ.[/quote']

GOOD GOD I am tired of hearing about this "vast ammount of wrestling skill" Lesnar allegedly displayed in college.

Watch the fights, read the coaches interviews, talk to anyone with knowledge of the sport and they have all said the same thing since 1998.

Lesnar is massive, strong, and very quick and athletic for his size. But his skillset consists of maybe 5 techniques. He is just so overpowering and good at those techniques he is near unbeatable.

There is no shame in this at all. It is said that the greatest amatuer wrestler ever to participate in the sport, who went undefeated for something like 20 years (I forget the Russian's name) had one move, that's it. But no one could stop that one move within the confines of the rules of amatuer wrestling.

But pound for pound and skill for skill, Cain is a better wrestler.

And by the way-- yes "MachoMan" is a ****r troll, you must be new. lol

Carwin vs Reem - reem

Brock - Fedor even

jones- Rafael Cavalcante even

Shogun vs Mousasi even

Rashad vs King Mo even

Lyoto vs sobral Lyoto of course

Gsp vs Diaz Nick for sure

Fitch vs Paul Daley = Fitch

Shields vs Kj Noons = Noons has excelent tdd so even

Kos vs whatever is left over =maybe

Kj Noons vs Maynard = noons is tough and has excellent tdd

Florian vs Josh Thompson = yeh

It really depends on who you put against who but I think Strikeforce has some serious talent.I also dont think Hendo would have lost to A.Silva in the rematch.

Archived