Carlos Condit Punches into the ranks

The_Power

After defeating Dan Hardy, Carlos Condit kicks Hardy out of the number 10 spot and gets the number 8 spot on MMA Weekly's top 10Welterweight rankings.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=12935&zoneid=13

The latest MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings were released on Wednesday, October 20. This system ranks the Top 10 MMA fighters from all across the world in each of the seven most widely accepted weight classes.

Taken into consideration are a fighter's performance in addition to his win-loss record, head-to-head and common opponents, difficulty of opponents, and numerous other factors in what is the most comprehensive rankings system in the sport.

Fighters who are currently serving drug-related suspensions are not eligible for Top 10 consideration until they have fought one time after the completion of their suspension.

Fighters must also have competed within the past 12 months in order to be eligible for Top 10 consideration unless they have a bout scheduled within a reasonable time frame.

Below are the current MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings, which are up-to-date as of October 20

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170-pound limit)

#1 Welterweight Fighter in the World: Georges St-Pierre

2. Jon Fitch

3. Josh Koscheck

4. Thiago Alves

5. Paul Daley (Strikeforce)

6. Nick Diaz (Strikeforce)

7. Martin Kampmann

8. Carlos Condit

9. Matt Hughes

10. Paulo Thiago

Why is Daley above Diaz? I usually like their rankings but that's absurd.

I guess Daley is above Diaz because of his performances of his last few fights. I'm talking about the ones (pre-UFC and UFC) leading up to his loss to Josh Koscheck. Also he fights a lot. He is fighting for a 5th time this year. Last year he had 4 fights.

it should be:

1.GSP

2.Fitch

3.Kos

4.Shields

5.Diaz

6.Alves

7.Kampmann

8.Condit

9.Daley

10.Snooki

1.GSP- Becuase he is clearly the most dominant ww

2.Fitch- Becuase he keeps winning

3.Jake Shields- has the longest win streak in the WW and won ufc/pride hendo

4. Diaz- Has not lost a fight since 2006 (tko stoppage not counted) and is active as hell

5. Koscheck- Because is won last 3 fights and beat prospects daley and johnson

6. Daley- continues to win after UFC loss and is very active.

7.Condit- sky rocket win over supposed tough chin/knock artist/top ww opponent

8.Kampmann- 2-1 last 3 fights, saturdays win will put him above Koscheck, very important fight for Kampmann

9. Alves 2 fight loss and now fighting a relative unknown or lesser contender than alves previous opponents.

10. Matt Hughes- 3-0 all vs known names and one prospective fighter in Almeida

I like it when people put a reason behind top 10's. These are mine

1.GSP- Becuase he is clearly the most dominant ww

2.Fitch- Becuase he keeps winning

3.Jake Shields- has the longest win streak in the WW and won ufc/pride hendo

4. Diaz- Has not lost a fight since 2006 (tko stoppage not counted) and is active as hell

5. Koscheck- Because is won last 3 fights and beat prospects daley and johnson

6. Daley- continues to win after UFC loss and is very active.

7.Condit- sky rocket win over supposed tough chin/knock artist/top ww opponent

8.Kampmann- 2-1 last 3 fights' date=' saturdays win will put him above Koscheck, very important fight for Kampmann

9. Alves 2 fight loss and now fighting a relative unknown or lesser contender than alves previous opponents.

10. Matt Hughes- 3-0 all vs known names and one prospective fighter in Almeida

I like it when people put a reason behind top 10's. These are mine[/quote']

I mostly agree with your picks and your reasons. I like the fact you put Alves at 9 instead of the top 5. I know Alves's last two losses were to #1 and #2 WW's but he still lost two in a row. That has a bigger inpact than making you number 3-5.

Well i dont think GSP should be #1

On what basis? On the fact that is the champion or the fact that he has beaten most of the people of the list? If you think it is shields, I understand your argument but you are going to lose that argument 99.99% of the time.

Archived