Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann

brewster

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict on upset in this one.

I picked him against Paulo Thiago and I think Kampmann will beat Shields aswell by decision.

He is one of the the best grapplers in the division and he will pick Shields apart on the feet.

I can't see Kampmann getting submitted in this fight.

WOW! i am surprised about the Kampmann support. I thought thsi was going to be a Jake nuts huggin thread. Kampmann all the way. via decision. it will eb fight of the night too!

Yeah, cant believe how close this poll is. I was expecting a Shields wash out. Having said that i do think Shields will do what he does and grind out a decision. I hope i'm wrong because i'm a big Kampmann fan

How can you not love Kampmann's style versus Shields? I've never actually seen Shields fight though' date=' how's his chin?[/quote']

Well Henderson had a good go and at the start of round 2,Shields had a "Im gonna die" look on his face,but he pulled through and deserved to win.

That was the first time id seen shields fight and on that evidence i would say its fairly solid.

He`s faced a few heavy hitters and beaten them (Daley,Condit,Hendo) and i think he`ll beat Kampmann even with his pillow fists!!

Well Henderson had a good go and at the start of round 2' date='Shields had a "Im gonna die" look on his face,but he pulled through and deserved to win.

That was the first time id seen shields fight and on that evidence i would say its fairly solid.

He`s faced a few heavy hitters and beaten them (Daley,Condit,Hendo) and i think he`ll beat Kampmann even with his pillow fists!![/quote']

LOL @ "I'm gonna die" look. Kampmann's my boy, I trust Kampmann, if he doesn't win he will make it one hell of a close fight. Who was the last person Hendo knocked out with his famous right hand, before Michael "Imma Nap" Bisping? It was Wanderlei at Pride 33... meaning, maybe with age he's lost that absolute devastation in his right hand allowing Shields to live?

shields is an outstanding grappler and possibly the best kampmann has faced. If shields gets a hold of him im confident he will submit him quite quickly. Not because kampmann is bad on the ground, he isnt he really good but shields is just way better. standing of course shields will be in trouble but shields has submitted many strikers who hit as hard if not harder than kampmann.

Archived