Dosnt make sense

Hendohenderson

tbh Cain is not number 1 or 2 contender :s ? he beat Kongo Rothwell and ****ing Nog yh ?

well Kongo was not a contender nor was Rothwell and Nog had been beaten previoully by Mir who got beat by Brock ? so I figured Cain should of had one more fight before this fight made real sense .... same for Carwin he only beat Gonzaga who lost to werdum previous .... which poses this question Werdum owns Gonzaga and was ranked 2 when he was beat by JDS before Carwin and Gonzaga even met :s ???? then Cain and Carwin really did nothing in comparison to JDS whom has contiued to **** people up

I see the official rankings going

JDS

Carwin

Cain

tbh Cain is not number 1 or 2 contender :s ? he beat Kongo Rothwell and ****ing Nog yh ?

well Kongo was not a contender nor was Rothwell and Nog had been beaten previoully by Mir who got beat by Brock ? so I figured Cain should of had one more fight before this fight made real sense .... same for Carwin he only beat Gonzaga who lost to werdum previous .... which poses this question Werdum owns Gonzaga and was ranked 2 when he was beat by JDS before Carwin and Gonzaga even met :s ???? then Cain and Carwin really did nothing in comparison to JDS whom has contiued to **** people up

JDS

Carwin

Cain

I think it is hard to say that one guy is better than another because he beat a guy that the other lost to. However, I agree that it is tough to say that either Cain or Carwin deserve their title shots. I think it is more about timing and the situation. After the Mir fight, everyone wanted to know how Brock would do against someone he could not hold down with one hand: thus he got Carwin. Now, people want to know how he will do with a more technical striker and well rounded athlete: bring in Cain. I do believe that JDS has beaten some top ranked people but the only problem I have is that he needs to pace himself. I am sure he will learn from the Nelson fight but Cain just happened to get the opportunity first. I mean, Maynard beat Edgar and is still undefeated yet Edgar got the title fight first. How does that work? Maybe they are throwing darts at a board with pictures on it. IDK

I think it is hard to say that one guy is better than another because he beat a guy that the other lost to. However' date=' I agree that it is tough to say that either Cain or Carwin deserve their title shots. I think it is more about timing and the situation. After the Mir fight, everyone wanted to know how Brock would do against someone he could not hold down with one hand: thus he got Carwin. Now, people want to know how he will do with a more technical striker and well rounded athlete: bring in Cain. I do believe that JDS has beaten some top ranked people but the only problem I have is that he needs to pace himself. I am sure he will learn from the Nelson fight but Cain just happened to get the opportunity first. I mean, Maynard beat Edgar and is still undefeated yet Edgar got the title fight first. How does that work? Maybe they are throwing darts at a board with pictures on it. IDK[/quote']

JDS has nothing to learn from the Roy Nelson fight. At least not anything significant. Roy Nelson is unusually freakish at taking punches to the head and body. JDS absolutly outclassed him in that fight making Roy look like a rookie. The 2nd round JDS had paced himself and did long timed breathes in short spurts while backing away. This is an indicator of pacing. Randy does the same exact thing. Not gassing.

JDS was high paced round 1 because thats his style. very agressive and very strong. He delivered damaged to Roy that would have seriously hurt others. He cant keep that pace every round though becuase youll break your hands and youll completely gas like Carwin/Brock. However, JDS went full impact round 1 and round 2 was a more paced attack that he clearly won again and delivered devatstating damage. By round 3 both guys were tired but JDS still was delivering massive shots and better standup and moving properly. He just cant fight like he did round 1 every round when the target refuses to go down from repeated flush strikes.

JDS has nothing to learn from the Roy Nelson fight. At least not anything significant. Roy Nelson is unusually freakish at taking punches to the head and body. JDS absolutly outclassed him in that fight making Roy look like a rookie. The 2nd round JDS had paced himself and did long timed breathes in short spurts while backing away. This is an indicator of pacing. Randy does the same exact thing. Not gassing.

JDS was high paced round 1 because thats his style. very agressive and very strong. He delivered damaged to Roy that would have seriously hurt others. He cant keep that pace every round though becuase youll break your hands and youll completely gas like Carwin/Brock. However' date=' JDS went full impact round 1 and round 2 was a more paced attack that he clearly won again and delivered devatstating damage. By round 3 both guys were tired but JDS still was delivering massive shots and better standup and moving properly. He just cant fight like he did round 1 every round when the target refuses to go down from repeated flush strikes.[/quote']

Exactly my point. He needs to realize that there are some people you cannot KO. If he is going to fight a 5 round war, then he needs to stay paced from the beginning to the end. I know that they make plans based on if they are fighting a 3 round or 5 round battles but he needs to make sure that if sees that the person is not going to fall, then he needs to work a different strategy and save his energy.

JDS

Carwin

Cain

There are no offiicial rankings.

You don't get to make Brock Le$nar a HW champion if there are official rankings.

Get it?

There are no offiicial rankings.

You don't get to make Brock Le$nar a HW champion if there are official rankings.

Get it?

Of course there are no official rankings but he was trying to make an Intelligent conversation about how people are getting shots before others. If you do not care about the debate; then go to another thread.

JDS is just not marketable like Carwin and Brock and Cain. Its terrible to say and know this, because JDS clearly should have gotten a title shot a while ago but he doesnt have enough draw power.

Most of all the MW,LHW,and HW championships would be all Brazilian if JDS got a title shot vs Brock or Cain. Im confident JDS will absolutly and clearly defeat his division. Brazilian fighters are very talented and have to be siphoned on small doses into the UFC otherwise you would have the young wanderlei's and Aldo's of brazil steamrolling fighters.There was a time when the UFC had all American champions and they were all slowly removed.

I am not Brazilian btw, just accuratly observing things.

Really i think it should have been JDS before Cain personally

i think Jds has fought the tougher Competition all together where as Cain Not so much

JDS has Struve , Werdum , Gonzaga , Yvel and Roy Nelson in the bag toughest being Roy

where as Cain has Jake O Brian , Denis Stojnic, Cheick, Rothwell and Nog where as his toughest was Nog but all the Previous were what i thought Gimmie fights especially Kongo and Rothwell

Last 5 fights

where as although Cain has more fights Jds has beaten an alltogether better opposition than Cain has IMO

but Meh he has to fight somebody so why not Brock?

Plus i think he gets it too maybe appeal to mexican fans maybe

The reason Cain got a title shot is he destroyed a guy that before that was known for having a iron chin. If he would have won an unexciting decision you probably would see Dos Santos vs. Brock. But Cain stepped up against the toughest and most experienced fighter he's ever fought and showed that he is a real threat to Brock.

This is my theory : Wrestler vs Wrestler. Wrestler < Wrestler vs Boxer.

Alternatively it could be : Wrestler vs Boxer then Boxer vs Wrestler, or Wrestler vs Boxer.

If the latter were to be the situation, I'm thinking there would be much more controversy over the outcomes of both fights. "if this, then that, if that then this" You know, the usual arguments.

That's why I think Cain has the shot, minus the fact that he has a more marketable background, and got the shot for KOing Nog.

Off topic but had to bring it up..Brown Pride/Power Tattoo on Cain..

Funny how Cain Velasquez can get away with pure racism tattooed across his chest and no one calls him out on it. If Lesner had White Pride/Power across his chest instead of a dumb knife he would get called a racist... Hope Lesner knocks Velasquez racist a$$ out...

Off topic but had to bring it up..Brown Pride/Power Tattoo on Cain..

Funny how Cain Velasquez can get away with pure racism tattooed across his chest and no one calls him out on it. If Lesner had White Pride/Power across his chest instead of a dumb knife he would get called a racist... Hope Lesner knocks Velasquez racist a$$ out...

Hate to tell you brother, there have been about 100 threads on that issue. Please search for them before the haters get on here and belittle you to death. Just trying to help.

JDS

Carwin

Cain

JDS and Cain have both been equally impressive. Neither of them has done more than the other.

JDS

Carwin

Cain

I don't really find Cain deserving but he beat a past his prime Big Nog and it is always special when you beat one of the biggest names in MMA in Big Nog and beated him in convincing fashion in which Big Nog is REALLY known for his striking.

Car-WIN on the other hand deserved it, got it, and didn't win. Gabriel at the time was already Number 1 contender and wanted to test himself against Car-WIN and got KTFO by Car-WIN. Then they bring Frank Mir along who destroyed Kongo to determine number one contendership spot again and DESTROYED the second number one contender in Frank Mir. Car-WIN deserved his shot but lost.

Cain on the other hand don't really deserved it but he got it.

JDS on the other hand deserved it the most but would probably lose to Brock.

I don't really find Cain deserving but he beat a past his prime Big Nog and it is always special when you beat one of the biggest names in MMA in Big Nog and beated him in convincing fashion in which Big Nog is REALLY known for his striking.

Car-WIN on the other hand deserved it' date=' got it, and didn't win. Gabriel at the time was already Number 1 contender and wanted to test himself against Car-[b']WIN[/b] and got KTFO by Car-WIN. Then they bring Frank Mir along who destroyed Kongo to determine number one contendership spot again and DESTROYED the second number one contender in Frank Mir. Car-WIN deserved his shot but lost.

Cain on the other hand don't really deserved it but he got it.

JDS on the other hand deserved it the most but would probably lose to Brock.

I think he's trying to tell us something... :confused:

The reason Cain got a title shot is he destroyed a guy that before that was known for having a iron chin. If he would have won an unexciting decision you probably would see Dos Santos vs. Brock. But Cain stepped up against the toughest and most experienced fighter he's ever fought and showed that he is a real threat to Brock.

makes sense

Archived