Who will be next for Cain after he gets beat into the ground by Brock tomorrow?

ThirstForBLOOD

i wouldnt mind that' date=' maybe winner of carwin vs nelson, alot of good fights for him to bounce back on[/quote']

No, if he looses he should start back from the bottom. There should be no elevator to the top of the division. I would much rather see someone like Schaub get thrown into the mix instead of cain.

No' date=' if he looses he should start back from the bottom. There should be no elevator to the top of the division. I would much rather see someone like Schaub get thrown into the mix instead of cain.[/quote']

if schaub wins impressively which i think he will sure but i doubt iy ufc likes to hype cain

You really have Brock winning that fight?

You really have Schaub beating Gonzaga?

And then you must be one of those who had Nelson taking on JDS or Cropcop on Mir.

I really like this sport, as a sport. And it's for the sake of it that I do hope both Brock and Schaub hit the canvas on Saturday night.

My predictions are main event called by ref. on round 4th or 5th to Cain by TKO. If the fight ends before champion rounds arrive it'll probably be not good news for the Mexican.

And Gonzaga KOing Shaub early on second round.

A thread like this is 2 days too early...just a variation of dozens of other threads stating who they think will win. It's a fight...in which either fighter is fully capable. With the power that these big guys generate...alls it takes is one good connection by either fighter and it's lights out.

This thread brings up an interesting discussion. I never thought it would happen but I think I've started to buy into the Brock hype. I think Cain has the best chance to beat Brock, then JDS. But other than those two guys I don't see anybody else that Brock wouldn't beat. Shane showed that Brock still has a long way to go on his feat and that he will always be a threat to Brock, but Brock also showed that he is a clearly better fighter with each outing. So the question ends up being, if Brock can get passed his next two opponents, could he end up dominating the HW division for a long time? I know every time a guy looks impressive in a few fights we ask these kinds of questions, and as soon as they lose we completely change gears. But Brock's sheer physical presence seems to place him in a different category. In every other division a guy who appears unbeatable (BJ, GSP, Anderson) always have to worry about the threat of someone coming along who is a little bigger, stronger, faster or better at their weight class. So even though they may seem invincible for a time the chances someone will come along and surpass them is always very possible. But with Brock he is so perfectly built for the heavyweight division, and there is such a large window of variation in terms of weight in that division, that it seems the only way someone will surpass him is if they catch him while he is still fairly green or by being blessed with the same kind of genetic gifts he possesses. It almost seems unfair. What are the chances of another guy of his size, strength, speed, work ethic, and with his wrestling pedigree coming along any time soon? I know, I know, if he loses on Saturday I'll be singing a completely different tune.

Let me add that I'll be rooting for Cain, and I think he has a very real chance at beating Brock, as does JDS. I always root against Brock but I'm starting to think this guy might be as legit as his fans make him out be, as much as I hate to admit it.

It wont happen however id love to see a cain v JDS matchup' date=' please make this happen in the next year![/quote']

That would be good,however BL is gonna beat CV,then JDS is gonna beat BL,then SC is gonna beat JDS (Try and make sense of that!).

Gonna be an exciting time in the HW division.

That would be good' date='however BL is gonna beat CV,then[b'] JDS is gonna beat BL[/b],then SC is gonna beat JDS (Try and make sense of that!).

Gonna be an exciting time in the HW division.

HA HA HA. Right before Brock destroys JDS, I want you to be the first to make a thread about how JDS has more skills than Brock and how JDS will beat Brock. There will probably be thousands of them, but that makes it sweeter when Brock proves everyone wrong.

This thread brings up an interesting discussion. I never thought it would happen but I think I've started to buy into the Brock hype. I think Cain has the best chance to beat Brock' date=' then JDS. But other than those two guys I don't see anybody else that Brock wouldn't beat. Shane showed that Brock still has a long way to go on his feat and that he will always be a threat to Brock, but Brock also showed that he is a clearly better fighter with each outing. So the question ends up being, if Brock can get passed his next two opponents, could he end up dominating the HW division for a long time? I know every time a guy looks impressive in a few fights we ask these kinds of questions, and as soon as they lose we completely change gears. But Brock's sheer physical presence seems to place him in a different category. In every other division a guy who appears unbeatable (BJ, GSP, Anderson) always have to worry about the threat of someone coming along who is a little bigger, stronger, faster or better at their weight class. So even though they may seem invincible for a time the chances someone will come along and surpass them is always very possible. But with Brock he is so perfectly built for the heavyweight division, and there is such a large window of variation in terms of weight in that division, that it seems the only way someone will surpass him is if they catch him while he is still fairly green or by being blessed with the same kind of genetic gifts he possesses. It almost seems unfair. What are the chances of another guy of his size, strength, speed, work ethic, and with his wrestling pedigree coming along any time soon? I know, I know, if he loses on Saturday I'll be singing a completely different tune.

Let me add that I'll be rooting for Cain, and I think he has a very real chance at beating Brock, as does JDS. I always root against Brock but I'm starting to think this guy might be as legit as his fans make him out be, as much as I hate to admit it.[/quote']

I almost completely agree with your post (except for the rooting against Brock, I personally do not care who wins). I think the size variation that occurs in the HW division is why they are talking about a division between the LHW and HW: maybe 206-235. The problem is that they need enough capable fighters to fill both divisions. I think once the UFC gets a few more large HW's and smaller HW's/Big LHW's then there is the possibility of that happening.

This thread brings up an interesting discussion. I never thought it would happen but I think I've started to buy into the Brock hype. I think [B]Cain has the best chance to beat Brock' date=' then JDS[/b[/u']]. But other than those two guys I don't see anybody else that Brock wouldn't beat. Shane showed that Brock still has a long way to go on his feat and that he will always be a threat to Brock, but Brock also showed that he is a clearly better fighter with each outing. So the question ends up being, if Brock can get passed his next two opponents, could he end up dominating the HW division for a long time? I know every time a guy looks impressive in a few fights we ask these kinds of questions, and as soon as they lose we completely change gears. But Brock's sheer physical presence seems to place him in a different category. In every other division a guy who appears unbeatable (BJ, GSP, Anderson) always have to worry about the threat of someone coming along who is a little bigger, stronger, faster or better at their weight class. So even though they may seem invincible for a time the chances someone will come along and surpass them is always very possible. But with Brock he is so perfectly built for the heavyweight division, and there is such a large window of variation in terms of weight in that division, that it seems the only way someone will surpass him is if they catch him while he is still fairly green or by being blessed with the same kind of genetic gifts he possesses. It almost seems unfair. What are the chances of another guy of his size, strength, speed, work ethic, and with his wrestling pedigree coming along any time soon? I know, I know, if he loses on Saturday I'll be singing a completely different tune.

Let me add that I'll be rooting for Cain, and I think he has a very real chance at beating Brock, as does JDS. I always root against Brock but I'm starting to think this guy might be as legit as his fans make him out be, as much as I hate to admit it.

I agree with some of what you are saying.

However, I think it's obvious that Carwin has the best shot at beating Lesnar. Hell, he practically has already beaten him.

Cain is not big enough. It's that simple. He has the frame of a big 205er. He's 6'1" walks around at 235 and he's doughy.

JDS has the frame of a HW, he just needs to add 15-20 lb of muscle IMO to compete with Brock/Carwin. JDS is 3" taller than Cain and appears to have significantly less body fat.

Archived