Money Where Your Mouth Is: UFC 121 Betting

MMAUnltd

Lesnar vs. Velasquez has the MMA community torn, but where do we think you should spend your money?

Certainty of the Card:

Although many will state that Jake Shields hasn't been fighting at the "top tier" of MMA, it's not like he's avoided top tier opposition. Dominating victories over many established current and former UFC stars such as Carlos Condit, Mike Pyle, Yushin Okami and Dan Henderson litter his record, and he's fought the best available to him outside of the Zuffa promotion. He's taken the step in to the Octagon now, however, and will face Martin Kampann.

There are some shared opponents including Paul Daley and the previously noted Condit, both of which Shields beat convincingly, whilst Kampmann lost to "Semtex" and battled to a very close split decision over Condit. We all know MMA-math doesn't work, nor is it the best way to go about dissecting matchups, but it does give you an idea of what we're looking at.

Entering the UFC primarily as a striker, Kampmann has rounded out his game well, gained better wrestling from his time at Xtreme Couture and has a great submission reportoire. The likelihood is though, that this will not be enough to better the Cesar Gracie-based Strikeforce champion's years of experience. If a formidable wrestler like Dan Henderson couldn't prevent a smothering from Shields at 185lbs, it's hard to see how a 170lbs Kampmann will.

Shields has the wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu and guile to take this. I'll be backing him via decision.

Check out more here:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/1384/money-where-your-mouth-is-ufc-121.htm

You're welcome! The similarity to the football team is totally unintentional as I follow a rival haha.

Do you have 4.581 posts since July 2010? Wow!

Mate ive been off work with broken fingers (compo, on full pay :) ) and i live a very shallow life... As you can see.

And so your a Man City fan ?

My live dogs are Schaub, Ortiz and Guymon, I'm putting a little fake money down on each of them in separate bets - I just bet centsports since I got tired of the roller coaster that is actual gambling.

I'm going to parlay McKee and Cote for one bet and Stout, Madsen and Lesnar in another. I'm amazed at how many people are giving Velasquez a shot but NOT giving Kampmann one.

Shinsplint: Leeds! :o

I do like Schaub as an underdog too, he's got some KO power and that always makes him a threat but I think he might be facing too much in Gonzaga...

FWIW I won't be putting money on just Shields just because the odds are so stacked in his favour. I will be putting him in parlays though.

Check this out:

The Longshot:

If the Americas (North or South) don't tickle your fancy for this event, then you can have a gamble on everyone from outside of the area to win. This includes Martin Kampmann (Denmark), Paul Taylor (England), Dong Yi Yang (Korea) and Gilbert Yvel (Holland).

If you back all of these to win their respective outings with just ?10, you can reap a ?326.02 reward.

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/1384/money-where-your-mouth-is-ufc-121.htm

Archived