Cain Velasquez featured on Sports Science results outstanding!

KingOfAllFighting

On MMA Live recently they showed a clip of Cain Velasquez on sports science in which they tested his cardio, punching power and take down force and the results are quite frankly unbelievable.

To start with his cardio measured in at 168 beats per minute which is very good for a heavyweight fighter, but not astounding.

Punching power this is where things get whack! after measuring a left hook from Cain it measured in at an astounding 2230 lbs of force which is quite frankly questionable seeming as though Rampage hit with 1800lbs of force.

And finally his takedown power measured in at 2700lbs of force which again is ridiculiously high with these stats he should own Lesnar if they are accurate of course.

And ofcourse we don't know what Lesnar's packing but we know Velasquez has the guns big enough to blow Lesnar away the question is will he come with enough ammo come fight night?

Discuss...

Carwin must be able to put out about 4000 lbs of force then' date=' because its obvious how much harder Carwin hits than Cain. Unless Carwin got lucky 12 times.[/quote'] I believe the hardest ever hit on record was "Smokin" Joe Frazier who hit with 2600lbs of force i think? Or Rocky Marciano was believed to hit with 3000lbs of force i think but im not sure if it was eve measured anyone know?

I'm not to sure if i can believe this though because Cain does not KO people and if he really hit that hard bodies would be hitting the floor like what Carwin does.

Agreed. And Carwin who has solid hands gave Brock a beating. And Lesnar still won.

No way do i think Cain hits harder then Carwin.

Maybe more technical, but thats about it. IMO

no fighter wants to get hit by anothers fists flush...

im not sure cains punching power is in the same realm as carwins, but when he nailed big nog it looked like that full force was behind it so maybe...

that uppercut is what he'll have to use on brock too to stop the shoot, although rcoking brock wont mean much, mir ROCKED brock with a flying knee.... unfortunately brock was so big he just fell over and laid ko'd on top till he recovered, i could see something like that happening to cain

On MMA Live recently they showed a clip of Cain Velasquez on sports science in which they tested his cardio' date=' punching power and take down force and the results are quite frankly unbelievable.

To start with his cardio measured in at 168 beats per minute which is very good for a heavyweight fighter, but not astounding.

Punching power this is where things get whack! after measuring a left hook from Cain it measured in at an astounding 2230 lbs of force which is quite frankly questionable seeming as though Rampage hit with 1800lbs of force.

And finally his takedown power measured in at 2700lbs of force which again is ridiculiously high with these stats he should own Lesnar if they are accurate of course.

And ofcourse we don't know what Lesnar's packing but we know Velasquez has the guns big enough to blow Lesnar away the question is will he come with enough ammo come fight night?

Discuss...[/quote']

Although i think cain punches hard,....there is no way he punches harder then Rampage.

especially not 430 lbs. of force more...so sounds inaccurate.

I think Cain's cardio is better then Brocks but the Question is will Brock let him even get to the 3rd round.

Although i think cain punches hard' date='....there is no way he punches harder then Rampage.

especially not 430 lbs. of force more...so sounds inaccurate.

I think Cain's cardio is better then Brocks but the Question is will Brock let him even get to the 3rd round.[/quote']

I don't believe that Cain hits that much harder than Rampage. I wonder if maybe they threw a different type of punch. I know Cain threw a low left hook but I thought that Rampage threw a high hook but I can't remember for sure. It could make a big difference.

no fighter wants to get hit by anothers fists flush...

im not sure cains punching power is in the same realm as carwins' date=' but when he nailed big nog it looked like that full force was behind it so maybe...

that uppercut is what he'll have to use on brock too to stop the shoot, although rcoking brock wont mean much, [b']mir ROCKED brock with a flying knee.... unfortunately brock was so big he just fell over and laid ko'd on top till he recovered,[/b] i could see something like that happening to cain

Exactly... some of my buddies have been trying to say that Brock was just taking down Mir. I completely disagree. If you watch for the next 30 seconds or so, he lays there with minimal movement. He wasn't out but he definitely felt that one. But anyways, I think "Farm-boy Pride" will win on this one.

Sport Science sounds like garbage too me. Cain looks out of shape compared to all the fighter known for great cardio

Yeah, I am not sure how accurate some of their tests are. They had Randy on there and when they tested his Cardio, it was better than the same calibar althlete that was 28 years old. Now I know Captain America can go for days but I think they ramp up their stats a bit to make the show look good.

The record holders are Joe Fraizer and Rocky Marcino with 2899lbs Marciano was once belived to have struck it at 3006lbs but no records are set to prove this, if the statistics are correct then Cain has incredible power there is no doubt however what they do not tell is that this power is extreamly dificult to exacute on a moving target and on flesh and bone due to obvious reasons they esitmate that aroun 1569lbs of force is lost in an actual punch because of angles positoning and the difference in the material being hit i.e Lesnars skull is a bit different to a lovely soft pad. and the pad is also a static target unlike an actual opponent and also with the takedown ability thats rediclous the weight of the bag used in the test was 110lbs ? lesnar is 280lbs so enough said

The people saying that the statistics found on the show "have" to be fake, and that there's "no way" Cain hits harder than Rampage, need to realize that the people recording information for the tests are legitimate scientist and know much much more than you could ever fathom to about the physics of a punch, and or any aerobic movement. After reading the first nay-sayer, I wanted to reply detesting that posters intelligence, but to my disappointment I scrolled down, to find that almost everyone doubts the test results.

You'd think they'd have multiple trials to get the most powerful punch recorded, which would also apply to Rampage. It's not like they just had them come in, throw one punch then leave. The pessimism that occurs within the UFC community is almost depressing.

I can see every fight being broken down like this in the future though. (think about it) "This guys is gonna beat (insert name), because he hits 45lbs harder, and his BPMs were 17 beats lower than his!" If this doesn't happen I'll be happy, but for some reason it seams imminent with the growth of recording technology.

The people saying that the statistics found on the show "have" to be fake' date=' and that there's "no way" Cain hits harder than Rampage, need to realize that the people recording information for the tests are legitimate scientist and know much much more than you could ever fathom to about the physics of a punch, and or any aerobic movement. After reading the first nay-sayer, I wanted to reply detesting that posters intelligence, but to my disappointment I scrolled down, to find that almost everyone doubts the test results.

You'd think they'd have multiple trials to get the most powerful punch recorded, which would also apply to Rampage. It's not like they just had them come in, throw one punch then leave. The pessimism that occurs within the UFC community is almost depressing.

I can see every fight being broken down like this in the future though. (think about it) "This guys is gonna beat (insert name), because he hits 45lbs harder, and his BPMs were 17 beats lower than his!" If this doesn't happen I'll be happy, but for some reason it seams imminent with the growth of recording technology.[/quote']

It's not worth the energy to post intelligent stuff a lot of the time mate, these are people who use no logic behind anything they say and instead of formulating a response tend to go "F-U TARD LOLOL" its depressing but sadly true ( not everyone on here but lots of people)

It's not worth the energy to post intelligent stuff a lot of the time mate' date=' these are people who use no logic behind anything they say and instead of formulating a response tend to go "F-U TARD LOLOL" its depressing but sadly true ( not everyone on here but lots of people)[/quote']

Lol wait are these scientists or actors?

@ hambo : Haha, I understand that, but I've been lurking around here for far too long watching that happen, and I'm not afraid to stand up for myself! ;) My goal here is to stir up some halfway intelligent convo, while pointing out how stupid a lot of the people that have over 1,000 posts really are.

@ res0: Anyone who performs a scientific experiment, and records legitimate data is indeed a Scientist :D dummy

@ hambo : Haha' date=' I understand that, but I've been lurking around here for far too long watching that happen, and I'm not afraid to stand up for myself! ;) My goal here is to stir up some halfway intelligent convo, while pointing out how stupid a lot of the people that have over 1,000 posts really are.

@ res0: Anyone who performs a scientific experiment, and records legitimate data is indeed a Scientist :D dummy[/quote']

hermaphrodite

I see all your points but let's say yeah you lose 1500 lbs of force in an actual fight it requires 6lbs of force for a KO so according to them he's still hitting people with 730lbs of force while moving that's amazingly high and should theoretically speaking KO anyone who get's hit yet Velasquez doesn't KO anyone really he just pounds and pounds. Somone who hits with 2230lbs of force doesn't need 251 punches to almost TKO someone (referring to the Kongo fight) someone with that force (Carwn?) let's say needs 1 punch which he does (Gonzaga fight) things ain't adding up here.

On MMA Live recently they showed a clip of Cain Velasquez on sports science in which they tested his cardio' date=' punching power and take down force and the results are quite frankly unbelievable.

Discuss...[/quote']

I dont know about that punching power, still have yet to see it.

Discuss...[/quote']

but what your not taking into account is that when they do those test all the person is thinking about is hitting hard. they arent worried about getting hit back or looking out for a take down they can completely focus on doing the most possible with no consequences and so they commit fully and its a stationary target if the target is moving away then some of the force is taken away when the punch/takedown happens

I dont know about that punching power' date=' still have yet to see it.[/quote'] Exactly and i remember watching a Freddie Roach interview (to those who don't know who that is he's the best boxing coach alive arguably) anyway he said punching power/KO power whatever you wanna call it is a natural thing fighters are either born with or without yh you can increase it with speed and accuracy but you don't go from having no KO power to 2230lbs of KO power lol

hermaphrodite

I see all your points but let's say yeah you lose 1500 lbs of force in an actual fight it requires 6lbs of force for a KO so according to them he's still hitting people with 730lbs of force while moving that's amazingly high and should theoretically speaking KO anyone who get's hit yet Velasquez doesn't KO anyone really he just pounds and pounds. Somone who hits with 2230lbs of force doesn't need 251 punches to almost TKO someone (referring to the Kongo fight) someone with that force (Carwn?) let's say needs 1 punch which he does (Gonzaga fight) things ain't adding up here.

@ res0 : You're a towel

@ KOAF : Do you really think that a human being can generate that much force, let alone want to every single time?? If Cain came out swinging as hard as he could with every shot, then he'd probably be a wrestling coach right now. You're doubting the results because he doesn't get a KO with every single punch, yet when someone lands a high kick, and the dude doesn't go down, it's not like the kicker is gonna stand there and say "that's BS, do you know how hard I just kicked him!?"

but what your not taking into account is that when they do those test all the person is thinking about is hitting hard. they arent worried about getting hit back or looking out for a take down they can completely focus on doing the most possible with no consequences and so they commit fully and its a stationary target if the target is moving away then some of the force is taken away when the punch/takedown happens

EXACTLY what i was getting at! People objectify way too many aspects of MMA, and don't look at the full spectrum of the fight..

I received +1000 the other day, and I'd like to give YOU +300 for that post :cool:

and also the 6lbs to KO someone is probably like the "it takes 10 lbs of pressure to break a nose" rule...yea its possible but many factors come into place and the conditions have to be nearly perfect for that to happen that is the minimum force required but 99% of the time it takes far far more force than that

and also the 6lbs to KO someone is probably like the "it takes 10 lbs of pressure to break a nose" rule...yea its possible but many factors come into place and the conditions have to be nearly perfect for that to happen that is the minimum force required but 99% of the time it takes far far more force than that

Welcome to the forum, knowledgeable poster :D

EXACTLY what i was getting at! People objectify way too many aspects of MMA' date=' and don't look at the full spectrum of the fight..

I received +1000 the other day, and I'd like to give YOU +300 for that post :cool:[/quote']

lol thanks normally i stay away from posting on here been reading for probably 2-3 years but just started posting the other day i wanted to stay away from the stupidity

I don't believe that Cain hits that much harder than Rampage. I wonder if maybe they threw a different type of punch. I know Cain threw a low left hook but I thought that Rampage threw a high hook but I can't remember for sure. It could make a big difference.

that youtube video shows Rampage's high right hook...skip to the 6:00 mark...

the second video shows the other hook...

Yeah' date=' I am not sure how accurate some of their tests are. They had Randy on there and when they tested his Cardio, it was better than the same calibar althlete that was 28 years old. Now I know Captain America can go for days but I think they ramp up their stats a bit to make the show look good.[/quote']

That's retarded...

The people saying that the statistics found on the show "have" to be fake' date=' and that there's "no way" Cain hits harder than Rampage, need to realize that the people recording information for the tests are legitimate scientist and know much much more than you could ever fathom to about the physics of a punch, and or any aerobic movement. After reading the first nay-sayer, I wanted to reply detesting that posters intelligence, but to my disappointment I scrolled down, to find that almost everyone doubts the test results.

I can see every fight being broken down like this in the future though. (think about it) "This guys is gonna beat (insert name), because he hits 45lbs harder, and his BPMs were 17 beats lower than his!" If this doesn't happen I'll be happy, but for some reason it seams imminent with the growth of recording technology.[/quote']

Exactly! Its freakin scientists. Do you think they give a crap how good they make Cain Velasquez look. Its real stuff, not some kind of UFO theory

It's not worth the energy to post intelligent stuff a lot of the time mate' date=' these are people who use no logic behind anything they say and instead of formulating a response tend to go "F-U TARD LOLOL" its depressing but sadly true ( not everyone on here but lots of people)[/quote']

Lol very true. I think someone should do a poll of how many of you actually have graduated high school? Probably 20% or less lol.

Oh snap! Some intelligent posters on this thread. Is the end of the world coming soon?

These guys train to correctly take a punch hence why KOs are rare. If they see the punch coming, more than likely they won't get KO'ed. Most fighters get knocked out from a punch they can't see. They aren't prepared to take it; therefore, they get put to sleep.

Just because Cain punches harder than Jackson doesn't mean every single punch will have that much power. You have to learn how to pace yourself and be smart when putting together combinations.

Archived