Is Diego Sanchez Really That Scared of BJ Penn

bonesbonesbones

So he moves to welterweight after his loss to BJ Penn.

Then when BJ moves back up to 170, Diego says that after his fight he will move back to lightweight.

To recap in timeline form...

Diego loses to BJ --> DIego moves to WW --> BJ loses to Frankie and moves to WW --> Diego moves back to 155.

Am I mistaken with this or is Diego terrified of Baby Jay?

Then when BJ moves back up to 170' date=' Diego says that after his fight he will move back to lightweight.

Diego loses to BJ --> DIego moves to WW --> BJ loses to Frankie and moves to WW --> Diego moves back to 155.

Am I mistaken with this or is Diego terrified of Baby Jay?[/quote']

No. Hes not afraid of BJ Penn. He is doing it because he knows he cant beat Bj but anyone with powerful wrestling can beat Frankie. Diego can beat Frankie.

Then when BJ moves back up to 170' date=' Diego says that after his fight he will move back to lightweight.

The man has a point!!!

The man has a point!!!

Diego's head has been F***ed up since BJ sliced it open. That is why he could not engage against Hathaway and it is why he will lose if he does not get his mind right. Is he afraid, maybe not... but that does not mean that he does not see BJ's leg when he closes his eyes everynight before going to sleep.

The BJ/Diego fight was brutal and a little hard to watch. It's almost as if Penn Shang Tsung'd him (took his soul, for those few who don't know MK), lol. Diego's staredown before the fight got me pumped; pre-fight: :mad: during the fight: :eek: post-fight: :confused: with a mixture of :(.

Though, I would love to see Edgar/Sanchez.

These guys are professional fighters, I don't think "fear" is a factor in their decision making. I read that, as many fighters do, Sanchez felt the weightcut severely impacted his performance so he wanted to move back up to WW. I guess after considering it he decided he could get used to the cut and have more success at LW.

I think he's scared of GSP and doesn't want to come near title contention in WW. Not to mention to get to GSP, you would have to survive Fitch sleeping on you for 15 minutes, and the last person to beat Fitch was GSP himself.

Or, if Sanchez isn't scared of GSP, then he just wants to become a champion, and since Penn lost the championship, Sanchez wants to make another run at the LW belt.

I think he's scared of GSP and doesn't want to come near title contention in WW. Not to mention to get to GSP' date=' you would have to survive Fitch sleeping on you for 15 minutes, and the last person to beat Fitch was GSP himself.

Or, if Sanchez isn't scared of GSP, then he just wants to become a champion, and since [b']Penn lost the championship, Sanchez wants to make another run at the LW belt[/b].

That's what I think. Now that BJ will not be at the top of the LW division any time soon, he believes he can make a run since BJ is happy at WW; and he probably thinks he can beat anyone else in the LW division.

These guys are professional fighters' date=' I don't think "fear" is a factor in their decision making. I read that, as many fighters do, Sanchez felt the weightcut severely impacted his performance so he wanted to move back up to WW. I guess after considering it he decided he could get used to the cut and have more success at LW.[/quote']

I don't know why people make such assumptions. You are correct though.

He lost his power at WW. He needs to be at 155. And screw Penn.

The BJ/Diego fight was brutal and a little hard to watch. It's almost as if Penn Shang Tsung'd him (took his soul' date=' for those few who don't know MK), lol. Diego's staredown before the fight got me pumped; pre-fight: :mad: during the fight: :eek: post-fight: :confused: with a mixture of :(.

Though, I would love to see Edgar/Sanchez.[/quote']

Sanchez would make Edgar fight instead of throwing a million jabs at the air.

diego would have to get frankie down of course but once he does that he will likely do some serious gnp over 5 rounds if he can score the takedowns.Also has some great jujitsu to. But thats an if.

I really wanted to see diego vs bj penn at ww but i guess going to lw would be the smart move for diego he has a good chance at getting the lw belt.

Diego is probably trying to beat Randy for most weight class changes.

you forget that without stevia or Tim Robbins, Diego turns into the mindset of a 10yr old

If he's not, he should be!

IF i get beat up like that, YES i would be very very scare of Penn too. however, the way i see it is, if you see gray, now he wanna a shot at the title but when Penn was the champ he claim he wasnt ready. everyone afriad of Penn! now dat frankie 'the fighting in point system' edgar is the champ, everyone wanna a piece of the title shot!

Archived