Has a UFC champion ever failed to make weight for a title match?

belberto

Or will Brock be the first one? Because my sources have informed me that Lesnar is having a very hard time cutting weight and this morning he still weighed 397 pounds.

sure you got that # correct 397lbs? maybe 297 but that would still be impossible to cut to 265 in less than a day

I dont think there has been a dispute. however there has been challengers in championship fight that havent made weight (Travis Lutter vs. A. Silva) so this didnt count as a title defense for Silva even though he won.

Your sources?????

every media outlet has brock saying he is leaner than ever due to his new diet and that he no longer walks around at 280-290 and he is now around 270.

Brock is a wreslter and has never had issues with making weight. Unless these sources are Brock Lesnar they are BS

Or will Brock be the first one? Because my sources have informed me that Lesnar is having a very hard time cutting weight and this morning he still weighed 397 pounds.

You must be a media person because only media people make sh.t up and print it without having any facts or source of any kind. Whatever happened to beeing "liable" for what you say or are you just trolling? I urge you to google the definition of the word "liable", especially if you are in fact media!

Your sources are dumb. On UFC PRIMTE TIME' date=' they said that this may be the first fight where brock may not have to cut more than 10lbs.[/quote']

Brock was quoted this week as saying he is right at 265 and will not have to cut any weight at all.

I don't believe a UFC champ has ever missed weight, but Paulo Filho missed weight when defending the WEC MW belt against Chael Sonnen. Because Filho missed weight it was made a non-title fight. Sonnen went on to destroy Filho, then the WEC folded their MW division and those guys were absorbed into the UFC. After the fight Filho's manager Ed Soares sent the WEC MW belt to Sonnen anyway.

Archived