I lose interest in everything and everyone.

guesswho

Does anyone experience this regularly? Many people i have spoken to about this say its ADD and a doctor told me once i could be depressed. I never stay focused on anything very long and it has caused meto give up on alot of things i started. Also, i have lost interest in my girl of less than a year even though i know she is good for me and has done everything right.

My reason to bring this up is that i took Jiu Jitsu for a year with a good teacher and students. I went in focused and wanting to learn and even signed up for a tournament with 4 months of training. I loved it even though it was very expensive at 180 a month but nothing i cant afford. I got injured in a sparring match with a new guy and was hurt for over 6 months and began going less and less and less until i finally just stopped going. I had lost motivation and interest to go even though i had goals of acquiring a purple belt minimum.

Now its a year later, my shoulder recovered without surgery (rotator cuff tear) and am kind of bored with my life routines so im thinking id call my teacher up and see if i can rejoin the class.I kind of left abruptly and only spoke to him twice after, about returning when i was healed. My main fear is that i lose interest just as quickly and then end up having quit again. I really want to progress in grappling but cant seem to stay focused and commited to anything. Does anyone have issues like this?

Your purpose is to make funny photoshops. Now beat it! :)

How the hell are ya bro? Haven't seen much of ya.

I've been taking a break and sometimes lurking. I finaly contributed a couple new shops to my thread after so long. You should check em out and let me know what you think.

In all seriousness, I sometimes feel like the OP....I think I get depressed sometimes, but generally, I'm usually happy. I think about death a lot and my purpose, maybe too much, is that wrong?

I've been taking a break and sometimes lurking. I finaly contributed a couple new shops to my thread after so long. You should check em out and let me know what you think.

In all seriousness' date=' I sometimes feel like the OP....I think I get depressed sometimes, but generally, I'm usually happy. I think about death a lot and my purpose, maybe too much, is that wrong?[/quote']

Thanks for the feedback so far. Im generally happy also, i do feel like my energy is drained sometimes by thoughts and feelings. I dont do any drugs and almost never drink on the weekdays or even weekends. Pretty much drinking is limited to The UFC and Strikeforce events.To give you an example of this problem: In the last 12 months i have taken up-

1. Archery (sitting on the shelf in bedroom)

2. Rifles/ shooting ranges (completely lost interest)

3. Smelting as a hobby (quit after a very invested start)

4. Collecting Silver Bullion (got bored, stashed silver in a bag and havent look at it since)

5. 2 girlfriends, both kind and commited to me (lost interest in both)

6. Attempted an fps battlefield2 pro league/tourney (got bored quit, pissed of teamates)

7. Went on an Ab regiment (slowly starting to giveup though my abs look good now)

8. Camping as a hobby,bought 600 dollars in camping gear and made a trip for myself and my girl and we are going in November but the excitement and the interest in camping faded though i dare not tell my girl i dont want to go anymore.

9. Boxing (all the gear. Tried to return to this but miss classess and appointments, just feel unmotivated)

10. Jiu Jitsu, my hardest choice since i did love it but just cant get my head into it after a year. Now im getting the feeling to go back but i know myself well and wonder how long this will be just another trend in my life of speedily quiting.

Right now im currently into Triathlons because Nick Diaz does it lol. I am hoping i stick around long enough to complete some duoathlons and triathlons. I didnt buy a very good road bike though, becuase my commitment might be false yet again.

I think i have a similar problem i start something and after a short period of time i lose all faith in whatever it is and quit i do it with everything im currently battling myself to go to college everyday and im losing right now i took 2 weeks off last month went in this wee but am not going in next week i don't think it's a real disorder though is it?

Whoa man, those are some expensive hobbies you started.......

Sounds like you're searching for something you don't know exists.......you don't always have to remain committed to such things - just trying them out is pretty cool.

Investing that kind of money in the gear might seem to be a waste, but if you've got the disposable income, why not?

I think i have a similar problem i start something and after a short period of time i lose all faith in whatever it is and quit i do it with everything im currently battling myself to go to college everyday and im losing right now i took 2 weeks off last month went in this wee but am not going in next week i don't think it's a real disorder though is it?

Right there with you. I got my AA in liberal arts and struggled to get my bachelors. Just dropped out but now.... i want to go back to school. sheesh.

In all seriousness' date=' I sometimes feel like the OP....I think I get depressed sometimes, but generally, I'm usually happy. I think about death a lot and my purpose, maybe too much, is that wrong?[/quote']

It's not wrong at all......it's quite natural to think about these things. I imagine it's how you deal with the thoughts is what counts.

There will come a point in which every man realizes the absurdity of it all, and at that point, you just chuckle, accept it and do your best to find trace amounts of happiness.........or you give in to the depression that will inevitably follow.

I think Fu said it best with truly trying to connect with friends and family - forget the material ******** and focus on meaningful relationships. It's hard though, because a lot of people you want to have a meaningful relationship with are also caught up in the material, mundane crap........

Life sucks. Buy a helmet. Then smoke a doob and play some Bad Company 2. <<< Rules to live by. :)

It's not wrong at all......it's quite natural to think about these things. I imagine it's how you deal with the thoughts is what counts.

There will come a point in which every man realizes the absurdity of it all' date=' and at that point, you just chuckle, accept it and do your best to find trace amounts of happiness.........or you give in to the depression that will inevitably follow.

I think Fu said it best with truly trying to connect with friends and family - forget the material ******** and focus on meaningful relationships. It's hard though, because a lot of people you want to have a meaningful relationship with are also caught up in the material, mundane crap........

[b']Life sucks. Buy a helmet. Then smoke a doob and play some Bad Company 2. <<< Rules to live by[/b]. :)

+1, very true

There will come a point in which every man realizes the absurdity of it all' date=' and at that point, you just chuckle, accept it and do your best to find trace amounts of happiness.........or you give in to the depression that will inevitably follow.

Life sucks. Buy a helmet. Then smoke a doob and play some Bad Company 2. <<< Rules to live by. :)[/quote'] I have 18000 BC2 kills lol when i play that now it only makes it worse :(

I find your #1 fact to be the lowest form of intelligence I think I've ever read on here.

You sound like an awesome guy SVT' date=' but that reasoning seems to be a forced reacton to your own ignorance.[/quote']

hmm...if you would like to privately discuss it, I would be willing to email you...just pm me your email.

Nice i got 418 dog tags i think not huge on them as my connection lags so when i knife i usually end up dying. You play it on PS3? what rank are you?

Computer. I was either a silver bar or a captain. Dont remember since i joined a league for a tournament and bailed after the qualifiers, got bored, never played again. I have never seen a gamer team get so upset in my life. Id say my account name but i would like to put that behind me hehe.

Thanks for the feedback so far. Im generally happy also' date=' i do feel like my energy is drained sometimes by thoughts and feelings. I dont do any drugs and almost never drink on the weekdays or even weekends. Pretty much drinking is limited to The UFC and Strikeforce events.To give you an example of this problem: In the last 12 months i have taken up-

1. Archery (sitting on the shelf in bedroom)

2. Rifles/ shooting ranges (completely lost interest)

3. Smelting as a hobby (quit after a very invested start)

4. Collecting Silver Bullion (got bored, stashed silver in a bag and havent look at it since)

5. 2 girlfriends, both kind and commited to me (lost interest in both)

6. Attempted an fps battlefield2 pro league/tourney (got bored quit, pissed of teamates)

7. Went on an Ab regiment (slowly starting to giveup though my abs look good now)

8. Camping as a hobby,bought 600 dollars in camping gear and made a trip for myself and my girl and we are going in November but the excitement and the interest in camping faded though i dare not tell my girl i dont want to go anymore.

9. Boxing (all the gear. Tried to return to this but miss classess and appointments, just feel unmotivated)

10. Jiu Jitsu, my hardest choice since i did love it but just cant get my head into it after a year. Now im getting the feeling to go back but i know myself well and wonder how long this will be just another trend in my life of speedily quiting.

Right now im currently into Triathlons because Nick Diaz does it lol. I am hoping i stick around long enough to complete some duoathlons and triathlons. I didnt buy a very good road bike though, becuase my commitment might be false yet again.[/quote']

you need online poker

PS3?

Heres a question to BC2 players has anyone's score per minute dropped suspiciously lately? mine's gone from 300 to 266 lol isit a server glitch?

360 bro. I play as a recon shotgun rusher......my stats are okay, but I'm not too concerned. I like walking into a room of 4 enemies, and dropping them all in a booming blaze of shotgun chaos.

Shotgun with slugs.......savage!

Computer. I was either a silver bar or a captain. Dont remember since i joined a league for a tournament and bailed after the qualifiers' date=' got bored, never played again. I have never seen a gamer team get so upset inmy life. Id say my account name but i would like to put that behind me hehe.[/quote'] haha yeah its a good game im currently rank 44 lol but im not a pleasure gamer im currently gaming for the Mafia.

360 bro. I play as a recon shotgun rusher......my stats are okay' date=' but I'm not too concerned. I like walking into a room of 4 enemies, and dropping them all in a booming blaze of shotgun chaos.

Shotgun with slugs.......savage![/quote'] Nice, hat are the 360 servers like? the PS3 servers are terrible the lag makes me so mad lol

Does anyone experience this regularly? Many people i have spoken to about this say its ADD and a doctor told me once i could be depressed. I never stay focused on anything very long and it has caused meto give up on alot of things i started. Also' date=' i have lost interest in my girl of less than a year even though i know she is good for me and has done everything right.

My reason to bring this up is that i took Jiu Jitsu for a year with a good teacher and students. I went in focused and wanting to learn and even signed up for a tournament with 4 months of training. I loved it even though it was very expensive at 180 a month but nothing i cant afford. I got injured in a sparring match with a new guy and was hurt for over 6 months and began going less and less and less until i finally just stopped going. I had lost motivation and interest to go even though i had goals of acquiring a purple belt minimum.

Now its a year later, my shoulder recovered without surgery (rotator cuff tear) and am kind of bored with my life routines so im thinking id call my teacher up and see if i can rejoin the class.I kind of left abruptly and only spoke to him twice after, about returning when i was healed. My main fear is that i lose interest just as quickly and then end up having quit again. I really want to progress in grappling but cant seem to stay focused and commited to anything. Does anyone have issues like this?[/quote']

this actually seems similar to me.

i happen to know a little about a lot and a lot about nothing. i just find something that entertains me and do it till i get bored and move on to something else.

Does anyone experience this regularly? Many people i have spoken to about this say its ADD and a doctor told me once i could be depressed. I never stay focused on anything very long and it has caused meto give up on alot of things i started. Also' date=' i have lost interest in my girl of less than a year even though i know she is good for me and has done everything right.

Now its a year later, my shoulder recovered without surgery (rotator cuff tear) and am kind of bored with my life routines so im thinking id call my teacher up and see if i can rejoin the class.I kind of left abruptly and only spoke to him twice after, about returning when i was healed. My main fear is that i lose interest just as quickly and then end up having quit again. I really want to progress in grappling but cant seem to stay focused and commited to anything. Does anyone have issues like this?[/quote']

Sorry dude, I just couldn;t get through that whole thing.

Lost interest almost right away.

you need online poker

yeh did that for like 3 months and quit.

as long as your interested in women still...i wouldnt start to worry

Im a man so ill always be interested in women. However' date=' its not like it used to be, alot of the wildness and lust craze is dimmed down

Sorry dude, I just couldn;t get through that whole thing.

Lost interest almost right away.

Nice

Archived