So is Werdum the #1 HW now?

Alpha_Omega

Speaking of Zuffadog er- Sherdog, when Fedor lost Brock (#2) moved to #1 by default. Now that Brock (#1) lost I would assume Werdum (#2) would move to #1.

I doubt it will happen though, as most rankings are biased towards the UFC. It'll likely go

1. Cain

2. Brock

3. Werdum

4. Fedor

Which would be laughable. But who takes Sherdog seriously anyway? Random rant. Marky my words, those are the rankings.

Speaking of Zuffadog er- Sherdog' date=' when Fedor lost Brock (#2) moved to #1 by default. Now that Brock (#1) lost I would assume Werdum (#2) would move to #1.

I doubt it will happen though, as most rankings are biased towards the UFC. It'll likely go

1. Cain

2. Brock

3. Werdum

4. Fedor

Which would be laughable. But who takes Sherdog seriously anyway? Random rant. Marky my words, those are the rankings.[/quote']

Cain

JDS

Werdum

Do you really think Werdum should be first because he beat flabby *** who hasen't fought any real competition in 3+ years?

Agree 100% with you Caveman.

Cain

JDS

Werdum

Do you really think Werdum should be first because he beat flabby *** who hasen't fought any real competition in 3+ years?

No real competition? He fought 4 straight top 10 HWs. One of only 2 HWs right now has. 2 of which were top 5.

You Zuffa zombies hanging onto Dana White's -- a promoter who will say anything to benefit his company and discredit his competition -- word crack me up. I really don't think you people understand Dana White's job description and think his opinion is end all be all.

Agree 100% with you Caveman.

No real competition? He fought 4 straight top 10 HWs. One of only 2 HWs right now has.

He fought a garbage Sylvia, a middleweight, and Cho....Oh my bad he beat a tire changer in there somewhere too.....Who's his next fight?..Bea Arthur?..Is she available?

Not a Zuffa Zombie...Im just a realistic what have you done for me lately kind of guy....even Montana had to pass the reigns at some point

Who cares about ranking. Just like Michael Jordan, Brett Farve and all the sports greats, championships are what matter. Here are my rankings

1. Organization Champion

2. Organization Number 1 Contender

3. Irrelevant Fighters Competing for Number 1 Contender Status

Speaking of Zuffadog er- Sherdog' date=' when Fedor lost Brock (#2) moved to #1 by default. Now that Brock (#1) lost I would assume Werdum (#2) would move to #1.

1. Cain

2. Brock

3. Werdum

4. Fedor

Which would be laughable. But who takes Sherdog seriously anyway? Random rant. Marky my words, those are the rankings.[/quote']

... its a good day in Alphaville ? > 2 of the top 4 above have zero stand-up & the other 2 are masters ... life is funny (or phoney ?)

He fought a garbage Sylvia' date=' a middleweight, and Cho....Oh my bad he beat a tire changer in there somewhere too.....Who's his next fight?..Bea Arthur?..Is she available?

Not a Zuffa Zombie...Im just a realistic what have you done for me lately kind of guy....even Montana had to pass the reigns at some point[/quote']

You clearly lack knowledge and intelligence. Funny you say he hasn't fought top competition and don't know who his last 4 opponents are.

last 4 HWs he fought were ranked 8, 7, 2 and 5 at the time of the fights. What has Cain done to earn #1 or higher than Fedor? Beat a can like Brock and a shadow of his former self guy Fedor already beat twice? Since you're a what have you done for me lately realist, explain how JDS is #2 according to you not having fought a top 10 guy in over 2 years.

You clearly lack knowledge and intelligence. Funny you say he hasn't fought top competition and don't know who his last 4 opponents are.

last 4 HWs he fought were ranked 8' date=' 7, 2 and 5 at the time of the fights. What has Cain done to earn #1 or higher than Fedor? Beat a can like Brock and a shadow of his former self guy Fedor already beat twice? Since you're a what have you done for me lately realist, explain how JDS is #2 according to you not having fought a top 10 guy in over 2 years.[/quote']

First off I never said I was going to give his last 4 opponents...And you might not want to write so much trying to defend your boy, you might throw your back out again.

Second, Cain beat a guy who has steadily beaten better competition than Fedor over the last 2-3 years...So yes he deserves the top spot....When is Fedor even going to fight again?...Is he gonna take another 1-2 year holiday?....Fedor knows his time is over, you should too.

Oh so Nelson wasn't top 10 when Cigano beat him?.....Now we know who's lacking knowledge.

So because you can't intelligently argue you're trying to insult me because of a back injury I had? Classy.

When did Fedor take 2 years off? Brock beat better competition than Fedor? He beat a guy Fedor destroyed back when he (Herring)was actually relevant. He beat Mir, who was terrified of a washed up Cro Cop, has been beaten by bums like Ian Freeman & Marcio Cruz (both of which Arlovski KO'd in 4:50 combined) and a dude with the lung capacity of a 2 month old. Yes, stellar competition Brock has fought.

So because you can't intelligently argue you're trying to insult me because of a back injury I had? Hmmm. Classy.

When did Fedor take 2 years off? Brock beat better competition than Fedor? He beat a guy Fedor destroyed back when he (Herring)was actually relevant. He beat Mir' date=' who was terrified of a washed up Cro Cop, has been beaten by bums like Ian Freeman & Marcio Cruz (who Arlovski KO'd in 4:50 combined) and a dude with the lung capacity of a 2 month old. Yes, stellar competition Brock has fought.[/quote']

Fedor has fought Middleweights 2-3 times in his career, a man with 1 fight under his belt when Fedor had 30, and he's currently running scared ****less of Overeem.

If Fedor wants to be the best HW, he has to fight more than once in 2 years to prove it....And yes! before he fought Rodgers he took a long ****ing time off!

Fedor has fought Middleweights 2-3 times in his career' date=' a man with 1 fight under his belt when Fedor had 30, and he's currently running scared ****less of Overeem.

If Fedor wants to be the best HW, he has to fight more than once in 2 years to prove it....And yes! before he fought Rodgers he took a long ****ing time off![/quote']

everything you said doesnt matter at all...Fedor is still the GOAT and that was true before tonight and after tonight, live with it all of you

its funny how a guy who is now 5-2(7 fights total with 2 losses where he was finished) was once "better" than a guy with at least 20 wins straight...these UFC fans make me laugh, i need to leave this site or something you all just dont know enough about the sport.

everything you said doesnt matter at all...Fedor is still the GOAT and that was true before tonight and after tonight' date=' live with it all of you[/quote']

He may be the greatest of all-time...That's yet to be determined, but he's not the best HW in MMA right now.....We have to wait until everyone's career is over to give that award out.

Well greatest fighter of all-time goes to Anderson followed by GSP if everyone retired right now.

Greatest HW of all-time as of right now is Fedor' date=' but like i said, we have to wait until everyone's career is over.[/quote']

"all time" is up til this date in time not some infinite amount of time that cant be measured, and Anderson/GSP??? man your delusional both have been finished on numerous occasions not to mention they would both get messed up by Fedor, i dont care about the weight difference if they tried to fight him they would get hurt. stop buying this UFC best in the world **** and learn some history and watch the sport. Anderson and GSP are both top fighters right now but to say they are the GOAT is a joke man they dont even have as many fights as Fedor has wins

"all time" is up til this date in time not some infinite amount of time that cant be measured' date=' and Anderson/GSP??? man your delusional both have been finished on numerous occasions not to mention they would both get messed up by Fedor, i dont care about the weight difference if they tried to fight him they would get hurt. stop buying this UFC best in the world **** and learn some history and watch the sport. Anderson and GSP are both top fighters right now but to say they are the GOAT is a joke man they dont even have as many fights as Fedor has wins[/quote']

Yeah I almost forgot how dominate Fedor looked against Arlovski and Rodgers before landing luck shots...And how he easily escaped that triangle/armbar against Werdum.

Yeah Fedor is the greatest as long as he hand picks his opponents.

Fedor walks around barely more than Anderson Silva, who is a MW. The MWs Fedor fought were HWs at the time who were around his weight. Funny people bash Fedor for fighting guys a bit smaller than him when he could easily cut to 205 but doesn't and consistently fights guys bigger than him.

Fedor is running scared from Reem? lol. Yeah, Overeem calls out Fedor when Fedor is out with a broken hand and Fedor is ducking because he's recovering? You Fedor haters crack me up. Fedor ducks noone.

Fedor walks around barely more than Anderson Silva' date=' who is a MW. The MWs Fedor fought were HWs at the time who were around his weight. Funny people bash Fedor for fighting guys a bit smaller than him when he could easily cut to 205 but doesn't and consistently fights guys bigger than him.

Fedor is running scared from Reem? lol. Yeah, Overeem calls out Fedor when Fedor is out with a broken hand and Fedor is ducking because he's recovering? You Fedor haters crack me up. Fedor ducks noone.[/quote']

OK

Fedor walks around barely more than Anderson Silva' date=' who is a MW. The MWs Fedor fought were HWs at the time who were around his weight. Funny people bash Fedor for fighting guys a bit smaller than him when he could easily cut to 205 but doesn't and consistently fights guys bigger than him.

Fedor is running scared from Reem? lol. Yeah, Overeem calls out Fedor when Fedor is out with a broken hand and Fedor is ducking because he's recovering? You Fedor haters crack me up. Fedor ducks noone.[/quote']

I agree with this and especially your sig. Silva is scared of Rua. No doubt.

Fedor is great but he just lost. Cain is undefeated. He's clearly number one.

Didnt say Fedor was #1. This other dude turned into a Fedor discussion because thats what Fedor haters do. Werdum should be. He beat the #1 guy. When Edgar beat Penn he went to #1. Why not Werdum for beating the #1 HW for 7 years straight who was much more dominant? K just dont get it is all.

Thanks. The sig is truth.

Yeah I almost forgot how dominate Fedor looked against Arlovski and Rodgers before landing luck shots...And how he easily escaped that triangle/armbar against Werdum.

Yeah Fedor is the greatest as long as he hand picks his opponents.

i forgot how GSP got far side armbarred by Hughes and tapped to strikes from serra(both world class fighters dont get me wrong) and i am a huge fan of GSP but he got finished. Serra landed a "lucky shot" as you casual MMA fans would call it and beat him thats how this sport works thats why Fedors record is so impressive because ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Silva got flying heel hooked by Chonan and Triangled from side control by Takase...it doesnt matter how they lost the fact is they did its MMA anything can happen both the people that tapped him were not even close to top 10 at the time.

Werdum is a highly skilled fighter and im glad he was the one to defeat Fedor because he is a truly talented fighter with top notch BJJ credentials. He caught Fedor in a triangle just like Anderson and GSP got caught, it happens in this sport but his record speaks for itself and he fought ridiculous competition in PRIDE

Didntsay Fedor was #1? Werdum is. He beat the #1 guy. When Edgar beat Penn he went to #1. Why not Werdum for beating the #1 HW for 7 years straight who was much more dominant?

If Werdum would have beat Fedor in 2005 when people still gave a **** about him he would be #1....Fedor hand picking past their prime cans has taken alot of his luster away.

i forgot how GSP got far side armbarred by Hughes and tapped to strikes from serra(both world class fighters dont get me wrong) and i am a huge fan of GSP but he got finished. Serra landed a "lucky shot" as you casual MMA fans would call it and beat him thats how this sport works thats why Fedors record is so impressive because ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Silva got flying heel hooked by Chonan and Triangled from side control by Takase...it doesnt matter how they lost the fact is they did its MMA anything can happen both the people that tapped him were not even close to top 10 at the time.

Werdum is a highly skilled fighter and im glad he was the one to defeat Fedor because he is a truly talented fighter with top notch BJJ credentials. He caught Fedor in a triangle just like Anderson and GSP got caught' date=' it happens in this sport but his record speaks for itself and he fought ridiculous competition in PRIDE[/quote']

The last two words of this whole paragraph proves my point.....Thank You!

1. Cain

2. Brock

3. Werdum

4. Fedor

Considering Fedor has many more fights than Brock. The loss for Brock should take him down below Fedor. The list should look something like this:

1. Cain

2. Werdum

3. Fedor

4. Brock

But if you ask me, the list would be this:

1. Fedor

2. Cain

3. JDS

4. Werdum

The last two words of this whole paragraph proves my point.....Thank You!

i said in PRIDE because thats where the majority of his wins came from, Serra was proabably +350 or above in his fight with GSP and he caught him and beat him, Silva got choked out and tapped by a guy that has a losing record overall in MMA it doesnt matter who you fight because its MMA and anything can happen no matter who your fighting. What kind of top MMA comp has GSP and Anderson fought recently??? Hardy??? Leites??? Chael?? Irvin??? get real man this is over you clearly have no other facts to support your argument

If Werdum would have beat Fedor in 2005 when people still gave a **** about him he would be #1....Fedor hand picking past their prime cans has taken alot of his luster away.

Arlovski... 5 fight win streak ranked 2 9 of his last 11 Yeah, he was washed up.

Rogers... 10-0 ranked 7 KO'd a former champ in 26 seconds

Yeah those guys were washed up alright. K can't keep going through this with you ignorant kids. This is why I rarely come here. I repeat facts, kids repeat blinded opinions and no matter how many of you I own, another replaces you or you fail to see facts and carry on an obviously flawed opinion.

Alright ladies it's been fun but I need to crash, Fedor is good i'll admit...But he needs to quit being an M-1 puppet and fight every now and again.

As for Anderson...He has been champ for over 4 years now which means for 4 years he has fought nothing but top-10 competiton...No WW or tire changers for Silva.

And no he isn't scared of a 1 legged Rua who won't get passed Rashad....Anderson ain't Machida.

i said in PRIDE because thats where the majority of his wins came from' date=' Serra was proabably +350 or above in his fight with GSP and he caught him and beat him, Silva got choked out and tapped by a guy that has a losing record overall in MMA it doesnt matter who you fight because its MMA and anything can happen no matter who your fighting. What kind of top MMA comp has GSP and Anderson fought recently??? Hardy??? Leites??? Chael?? Irvin??? get real man this is over you clearly have no other facts to support your argument[/quote']

Pure win. Truth.

Anderson has fought a dude with 8 sub losses, 2 1d BJJ guys, Cote, Irvin, Leben, Lutter? lol. His only impressive wins are Hendo, Rich, Nate & Sakurai and he lost to 2 cans.

Considering Fedor has many more fights than Brock. The loss for Brock should take him down below Fedor. The list should look something like this:

1. Cain

2. Werdum

3. Fedor

4. Brock

But if you ask me' date=' the list would be this:

1. Fedor

2. Cain

3. JDS

4. Werdum[/quote']

Cain, JDS and Carwin havent even fought top level compettion Dana just has lead you to believe they have with his over hyped commercials and primetimes....id take Fedor, Barnett, Werdum, and even Overeem over any UFC HW at the time because they are actually proven even if they loss to good fighters at least they have fought them, Cain, JDS, and Carwin havent fought anyone that special, besides Big Nog and Werdum and Mir. 1 win over top comp doesnt put you at 1,2,3 in top fighters in my opinion

Alright ladies it's been fun but I need to crash' date=' Fedor is good i'll admit...But he needs to quit being an M-1 puppet and fight every now and again.

As for Anderson...He has been champ for over 4 years now which means for 4 years he has fought nothing but top-10 competiton...No WW or tire changers for Silva.

And no he isn't scared of a 1 legged Rua who won't get passed Rashad....Anderson ain't Machida.[/quote']

glad i put you to sleep, next time do research before you believe Dana hype and try to back up UFC top fighters with biased opinion ...what a joke

edit: btw Silva walks around well over 185...Fedor doesnt cut weight and could probably dominate LHW if he really felt like it

Cain' date=' JDS and Carwin havent even fought top level compettion Dana just has lead you to believe they have with his over hyped commercials and primetimes....id take Fedor, Barnett, Werdum, and even Overeem over any UFC HW at the time because they are actually proven even if they loss to good fighters at least they have fought them, Cain, JDS, and Carwin havent fought anyone that special, besides Big Nog and Werdum and Mir. 1 win over top comp doesnt put you at 1,2,3 in top fighters in my opinion[/quote']

One can make arguments for any order of any list. The important thing is I truly believe Fedor should still be ranked number one.

You really think that is going to happen???

Some brick wall will come along and prove us wrong....just watch.

i wont be surprised...this is UFC.com were talking here lol

LOL. You're welcome. Best = Fedor

ah finally some soothing words to my ears...and your tone sounds familiar ;)

LMAO. Me too. I left because of all the Brockettes' date=' but its easier to post now.[/quote']

it is the start of a new era...i hope you like mexicans because they will be flocking now...no that wasnt racist i like mexicans and mexican food lol

i wont be surprised...this is UFC.com were talking here lol

ah finally some soothing words to my ears...and your tone sounds familiar ;)

it is the start of a new era...i hope you like mexicans because they will be flocking now...no that wasnt racist i like mexicans and mexican food lol

lol. I'm half mexican so it don't bother me. And yes, carne asada tacos ftw.

Brock lost to a better man today. Hats off to Velasquez. Brock probably understimate him much and pay for it. Brock prepares for a long match and didn't expect that Cain will engage that early. But the rematch would would be a different result. Pillow fist Cain will not hold that belt for long, now that JDS, Carwin and Brock is all aiming at his head.

And yes Brock will still beat Fedor. And JDS can never rank higher than Brock when the rankings will be release The rankings would probably be

1. Cain

2. Brock

3. Fedor

4. JDS

5. Overeem

last 4 HWs he fought were ranked 8' date=' 7, 2 and 5 at the time of the fights. What has Cain done to earn #1 or higher than Fedor? Beat a can like Brock and a shadow of his former self guy Fedor already beat twice? Since you're a what have you done for me lately realist, explain how JDS is #2 according to you not having fought a top 10 guy in over 2 years.

This^^

First off I never said I was going to give his last 4 opponents...And you might not want to write so much trying to defend your boy, you might throw your back out again.

Second, Cain beat a guy who has steadily beaten better competition than Fedor over the last 2-3 years...So yes he deserves the top spot....When is Fedor even going to fight again?...Is he gonna take another 1-2 year holiday?....Fedor knows his time is over, you should too.

Oh so Nelson wasn't top 10 when Cigano beat him?.....Now we know who's lacking knowledge.

LMAO who? Frank Mir? He lost to Marcio Cruz & Brandon Vera. Both of those guys lost to Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski & Jeff Monson. Frank Mir looked scared against Cro Cop who hasnt been top 10 since he lost to Kongo in 2007. Nelson wasnt top 10 when he fought JDS.

Brock fought Ming Soo Kim? lost to Frank Mir, beat Heath Herring who hasnt been relevant since 2005, beat Randy Couture who was 60lbs lighter than Lesnar, another time with Frank Mir who did an even horrible job, then getting almost owned by Carwin, lucky Carwin gassed out, then gets destroyed by a smaller Cain who is almost Fedor's size.

JDS hasnt fought anyone in the top 10 since Werdum of 10/2008 his debut. Struve wasnt top 20, Yvel was 20, Cro Cop was top 20 along with Nelson.

carwin fought 2 cans, Gabby top 20, Mir who looked horrible, then loses to cardio.

While all along Fedor fought Former #1 contender & 2 time UFC Champion Tim Sylvia who was ranked #4, former UFC Champion Andrei Arlovski who went on a 5 fight winning streak and was ranked #2 after Nog lost at UFC 92. Brett Rogers earned a spot on the top 10 after KTFO of Arlovski in 6/09 and was ranked #7, then Werdum who subbed him and was ranked #9, some at #8.

So because you can't intelligently argue you're trying to insult me because of a back injury I had? Classy.

When did Fedor take 2 years off? Brock beat better competition than Fedor? He beat a guy Fedor destroyed back when he (Herring)was actually relevant. He beat Mir' date=' who was terrified of a washed up Cro Cop, has been beaten by bums like Ian Freeman & Marcio Cruz (both of which Arlovski KO'd in 4:50 combined) and a dude with the lung capacity of a 2 month old. Yes, stellar competition Brock has fought.[/quote']

This too^^

Well, based on recent fight results i think Cain his #1.

1. Velasques

2. Werdum

3. JDS

4. Overeem

5. Fedor

6. Carwin

8. Roy Nelson

9. Frank Mir

10. Barnett

However, based on the fighters skill, and who i think the best fighters are, regardless of fight results

1. Cain/Fedor tie

2. ^^

3. JDS

4. Overeem

(big gap)

5. Brock/Werdum

I have not been impressed at all by Brock in his last to fights. I think he showed a great chin and heart in te Carwin fight, but showed his striking is still stiff and sloppy, and even his takedowns werent impressive, i think Shane could see them coming a mile away. Its not hard to submit someone tat gassed. Obviously Cain just showed the clear skill level diference between Brock and himself.

I think Werdum loses to Fedor 9/10... i think Fedor or Overeem will crush him.

In an absoulutly perfect world i would have Fedor fight Werdum, to get his top level status back, then (you will like this:p)... a small tourny...

Cain vs Fedor... what a fight

Overeem v JDS... what a fight

winner vs winner to see who is king

(i can dream cant i?)

Archived