Is Brock's ground and pound overrated?

ForrestGriffinFan101

I mean, we have only seen one fight where he really executed a lot of GNP and that was int he Mir fight. In that fight, he pinned a much smaller fighter against the cage while in half guard and continued to punch his face alot.

Now, he killed Mir. Really bad, actually. However, is his GNP really that good? We haven't really seen him GNP from guard, or side control, or mount. The only position we've seen him in was half-guard and that was when Mir kept turning to the side.

I think people are overrating Brocks ground and pound a bit. It seems as if people think he's a world beater on the ground when that has yet to be proven. The only person he has ground and pounded against was Mir. Don't say Randy Couture because Couture was rocked. I mean ground and pound from a takedown.

why would he do that if carwin was gassed and couldn't do anything anyway ?

That's just the kind of human being Brock Lesnar is. He enjoys hurting people,and if he had ground and pounded Carwin to the point of knocking him out. The whole Carwin dominated Lesnar debate wouldn't have been so effective.

Haha good :D

If you want to find the biggest Brock haters:

TheTerribleWilliamson

UFCCagerattler

Those are the two biggest Lesnar haters.

ooo good i have something for EVERYONE that said brock would lose or hates on him after tonight

btw if he does lose i will admit i was wrong but i REALLY doubt that !

Lesnar's Ground and Pound is highly effective. No one can say differently than that. Is it solid technique? Absolutely not but it works. It's his own maniac style and it functions well for him. I still believe completely, that his size is what wins him fights and nothing else. The exception to that is the Carwin fight, which Lesnar won more due to Carwin burning himself out than anything.

I hate Lesnar with a passion but he keeps winning fights and in the end that's all that matters. How you do it means nothing. I sure hope is winning streak ends to night though.

Archived