shields does NOT deserve a title shot

Epilogue1406051983

I don't think Kampmann didn't want it. He did a good job of neutralising Shields's offence for large portions of that fight, but the fact is that he was unable to provide much of an offence of his own.

I do think Kampmann could have kept the fight standing for longer in the 3rd though and that would certainly have given him a better chance of finishing the fight.

yeah he looked terrible LOL. he only mounted kampmann and took his back several times. you guys do realize it's been over 2 years since he fought at WW? the cut won't affect him next time and he'll be even better. still a shame he's not at 185 to send silva packing.

yeah he looked terrible LOL. he only mounted kampmann and took his back several times. you guys do realize it's been over 2 years since he fought at WW? the cut won't affect him next time and he'll be even better. still a shame he's not at 185 to send silva packing.

Shields would lose to Silva. Face it, we saw it in this fight and we saw it in the Henderson fight. He does jack**** when on top. He tries to better his position and then does nothing with it. We saw in the Silva v Sonnen fight that Silva is active on the bottom and very dangerous, not just in submissions, but in striking. Shields isn't active enough on top to beat Silva. In fact I would bet that a Silva v Shields fight would result in a TKO win from Silva from the bottom position.

x1000000000

It will b a slap in the face to other top WW's if Sheilds gets a Title shot after that peformance.

i completely agree. Awful performance. If Dana keeps his word and gives the shot to Shields and leaves Fitch behind it would be pure insanity. But somehow I see that happening.

Shields would lose to Silva. Face it' date=' we saw it in this fight and we saw it in the Henderson fight. He does jack**** when on top. He tries to better his position and then does nothing with it. We saw in the Silva v Sonnen fight that Silva is active on the bottom and very dangerous, not just in submissions, but in striking. Shields isn't active enough on top to beat Silva. In fact I would bet that a Silva v Shields fight would result in a TKO win from Silva from the bottom position.[/quote']

funny... I think Silva vs Shields would look a LOT like Mousasi vs King Mo, with Mousasi outstriking Shields 2 to 1 but would lose a decision robbery because he was on his back the whole time...

Kampmann was good. Too bad Dana promised Shields a title fight if he won because he gased out real fast. Shields look good with his movement on the ground' date=' you can clearly see the talent he has.[/quote']

credit to Kampmann though he was stellar at sweeping him off and probably would have won if he kept the fight standing... but GSP at WW would KILL Shields... maybe Shields should get a title shot just so we can see GSP put him down...

Shields would lose to Silva. Face it' date=' we saw it in this fight and we saw it in the Henderson fight. He does jack**** when on top. He tries to better his position and then does nothing with it. We saw in the Silva v Sonnen fight that Silva is active on the bottom and very dangerous, not just in submissions, but in striking. Shields isn't active enough on top to beat Silva. In fact I would bet that a Silva v Shields fight would result in a TKO win from Silva from the bottom position.[/quote']

......you are wrong. what did WE see in this fight and in the henderson fight? cause I saw a DOMINANT jake shields victory, and a jake shields victory, despite an unfamiliar weight cut and a big stage debut. cmon dude, really? your gonna suggest silva would submit shields cause he submitted sonnen with 2 minutes left in a 25 minute fight? how many times has sonnen been submitted again?

credit to Kampmann though he was stellar at sweeping him off and probably would have won if he kept the fight standing... but GSP at WW would KILL Shields... maybe Shields should get a title shot just so we can see GSP put him down...

As alluring as seeing jake shields sounds I want GSP to finally make that move up to MW. The less challenges he has left in WW the better.

wow , shields is jon fitch v2.0

if fitch didnt get the promised shot because of his boring *** unconvincing performance, no way does shields deserve one

also GSP wuold destroy shields badly. if shields had that hard of a time getting kamp down, he has no prayer for GSP. and his standup is pathetic, GSP would do to him what he did to fitch

......you are wrong. what did WE see in this fight and in the henderson fight? cause I saw a DOMINANT jake shields victory' date=' and a jake shields victory, despite an unfamiliar weight cut and a big stage debut. cmon dude, really? your gonna suggest silva would submit shields cause he submitted sonnen with 2 minutes left in a 25 minute fight? how many times has sonnen been submitted again?[/quote']

dominant? it was 15 minutes of him shooting and getting stuffed, and when he did get a takedown and got position he did literally nothing until he got swept

and his standup is terrible, silva wouldnt have to submit him cuz he would punch his lights out in the first 2 minutes

......you are wrong. what did WE see in this fight and in the henderson fight? cause I saw a DOMINANT jake shields victory' date=' and a jake shields victory, despite an unfamiliar weight cut and a big stage debut. cmon dude, really? your gonna suggest silva would submit shields cause he submitted sonnen with 2 minutes left in a 25 minute fight? how many times has sonnen been submitted again?[/quote']

Learn to read please.

the only reason why he won was because Kampmann didn't want it... this fight proved any top 5 in the WW div would kill this *******...

I think kampman definitly won that fight.. I think he lost the 1st round. then in the 2nd, I know he spent some time on his back but he didnt sustain any damage while he actually dropped Shields twice with clinched knees. Then in the third, he spent most of the round destroying Shields and controling him even on the ground. Shield's got the reversal at about 1:30 let in the 3rd round but he definitly lost and had no gas left. Honnestly I feel like that was a ****** decision. I don't see Shields getting his title shot from this performance. GSP would rape him big time.

My entire point was Anderson Silva is very active on the ground, not just with submissions, but with striking, as we saw in the fight against Sonnen where Silva opened a huge cut with strikes from the bottom. Jake Shields has the most inactive mount I've ever seen. He is the epitome of lay-and-pray. Shields could probably take Anderson Silva down but I really think that Silva could actually TKO (read: TKO NOT SUBMISSION [F*** reading comprehension is so difficult for some people]) Shields from the bottom position.

I think kampman definitly won that fight.. I think he lost the 1st round. then in the 2nd' date=' I know he spent some time on his back but he didnt sustain any damage while he actually dropped Shields twice with clinched knees. Then in the third, he spent most of the round destroying Shields and controling him even on the ground. Shield's got the reversal at about 1:30 let in the 3rd round but he definitly lost and had no gas left. Honnestly I feel like that was a ****** decision. I don't see Shields getting his title shot from this performance. GSP would rape him big time.[/quote']

+1000 totally agree with everything u said

the only reason why he won was because Kampmann didn't want it... this fight proved any top 5 in the WW div would kill this *******...

meh i would say he had a bad cut he tired way too fast IMO

that was not the same Shields we saw dominate Hendo

simple as

but i would say see fit like on i Kos GSP fight then put a fight on atween Fitch and Shields and i bet Fitch wins

Archived