Shields/Kampmann IMO

DKF

I am really impressed by the grappling of Kampmann. Shields is world class a notch above everyone in the ufc give or take 1 or 2 guys. (Damien Maia) Kampmann hung with him in the first. That said I feel that Kampmann has some of the best tdd in the division, and Shields found a way. Kampmann would have won this fight if his balls hadn't gone up inside his stomach and he didnt want to risk getting taken down. In all fairness the first round is all you can really take from Shields game. He was gassed by the end of it. If he can acclamate to the weight better, then he will have cardio for days. So pls when formulating an opinion of his skills please just consider the first round, because the weight cut took a lot out of him.

I'm obviously a Shields fan, and I give insane props to Kampmann. GSP isn't subbing Shields.

That said I feel if Shields is to win against gsp he will have to:

A. Acclamate to the weight, you can't be gassing in the first of five rounds.

B. Do to gsp what you did to Kampmann in the first round, corner him against the fence and then work for td.

C. Further improve your footwork. His footwork was awful, I'm suprised he was able to back Kampmann down and corner him.

pls dont flame me for thinking he has a shot in hell against gsp

Nah, no one's gonna flame you.

That said, I actually thought Kampmann won that fight.

Other than dictating pace, Shields for the most part got stuffed and controlled in both the second and third rounds. With the rules as it is, I'm not going to say it was a "robbery", but I really did think Kampmann stuffed enough TD's in order to deserve the W.

Nah' date=' no one's gonna flame you.

Other than dictating pace, Shields for the most part got stuffed and controlled in both the second and third rounds. With the rules as it is, I'm not going to say it was a "robbery", but I really did think Kampmann stuffed enough TD's in order to deserve the W.[/quote']

Kampmann may have won, but like you said the way the rules are right now it was advantageous for Shields. The rules favor unsucessful offense over succesful defense.

Ohh and for you OP, I agree Shields showed great movement and talent in the first round. And even though he gased out, I give him props for not being knocked out cold by that knee in the second round.

Nah' date=' no one's gonna flame you.

Other than dictating pace, Shields for the most part got stuffed and controlled in both the second and third rounds. With the rules as it is, I'm not going to say it was a "robbery", but I really did think Kampmann stuffed enough TD's in order to deserve the W.[/quote']

Kampman got robbed, LNP wins another bs decision.

Archived