Cain vs. Shane in punching power

bluesy

Something happened with Cain in between his Rothwell and Nogueira fight that increased his punching power tenfold.

I think Cain threw less punches than Shane against Brock and look at the results. The pillow-fist stigma has been turned on its head completely!

Something happened with Cain in between his Rothwell and Nogueira fight that increased his punching power tenfold.

I think Cain threw less punches than Shane against Brock and look at the results. The pillow-fist stigma has been turned on its head completely!

Carwin is definately more powerful.

Brock wasn't defending himself as well though.

It's simple math, Mass x acceleration. Correct technique will give you a powerful punch, by transferring the energy from your feet to you fist, like a whip. The butt muscles are the most important in the energy chain. And Carwin has a huge butt.

Therefore, Carwin definitely has more power, he KO Gonzaga without even twisting his hip, just a jab. The uppercuts he threw at Mir looks intense. He's heavier than Brock too. But Carwin tired himself out by not picking his shots, and punch Brock's forearm blocks. And he didn't pace himself correctly. I bet my house Carwin will win if Brock and him have a rematch tomorrow.

Cain is really good at controlling his opponent, and not letting them up all the while throwing punches. Ben Rothwell was as big as Brock.

Carwin's hand size. If he lands on your face it covers a larger area, meaning more pain, plus hes a big steriod using dude. He doesn't have as much speed, but raw power. Kinda like Rampage. Cain has the power of any heavyweight striker, but his strikes come much faster.

Archived