Sign in to follow this  
G__row

If you allow me to pay my rent on tme..so be it, that would be cool

I'd like to see his fight against aldo and see how aldo beat him because right now he hasn't showed a hole in his game yet.

i've seen some highlights just look like Aldo beat him senseless on the feet, like badly.

I'd like to see his fight against aldo and see how aldo beat him because right now he hasn't showed a hole in his game yet.

Hey, Aldo is on a lot of peoples p4p list.

At least Brookins made it to the 3rd round.....lol

And he is the only one to finish him.

Hey' date=' Aldo is on a lot of peoples p4p list.

And he is the only one to finish him.[/quote']

Good point!

Brookins understands reality well. Even if he gets into the UFC he will not make much money as a new fighter. Better hit those books brookins dont need to waste your intelligence on the ultimate fighter show. This kid does not belong there.

Dudes not even through the semis and hes already one of my five favorite fighters period. Just like hearing him talk before the fight. His ground game is pretty sick too. He was very patient but when any opening came he took advantage immediately. Idk how youn cant root for this guy to win. Deserves it

Hey' date=' Aldo is on a lot of peoples p4p list.

And he is the only one to finish him.[/quote']

Aldo beat him so bad that on the aftermath he said he wanted to stay at 155 and then may go back to 145. So I think hes gonna dodge aldo when he goes 155 lol

Brookins understands reality well. Even if he gets into the UFC he will not make much money as a new fighter. Better hit those books brookins dont need to waste your intelligence on the ultimate fighter show. This kid does not belong there.
Doesn't belong there? He's going to win. This kid is sick.

He is my favorite on the show for sure and i hope he pulls it off. Also watch that fight against Aldo the kid has heart i don't even know how he kept standing on his leg after all those kicks and even when he was getting pummeled by Jose and the ref stopped it he got right back to his feet and was still ready to fight

Attitude as well as fighting skills influence peoples opinions of fighters. Fake or real, Brookins' personality is winning him some serious fans, not to mention his fighting skill. Love seeing his throws!!!

I like this kid.

Hope he wins.

He has won me over for sure. How many times in the past has anyone heard a fighter talking about being happy just to be able to ride his bike to the library?

HE READS!!! lol, He has a very similar vibe to other cerebral type guys like Amir, Ace, and Bonnar, but he has that rough upbringing side they never did. Plus he has skills.

I really like him and whether he wins the season or not, he has made a fan of me.

He is a great fighter and very humble i could see him winning the show and the fact that he is nearly a complete opposite of Stevens is a plus too.

However, i do find him quite annoying and don't realy like him :confused:.

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't like Brookins. I don't like hating on people that I've never met, but he's one of them people that annoy you for no apparent reason. I think it's his hair, he looks like a poodle. He doesn't make a lot of sense when he talks, talking about paying rent and riding bicycles to the library, and when he talks it reminds me of nate diaz, which is probably another reason I don't like him.

People say how sick he is and how he is destroying people, which is kinda far fetched. He's had 2 RNC's with no hint of how his stand up is. If he would have beat the life out of somebody like Bj vs. Joe daddy then submitted them, that would be "sick". I don't quiet get the hype surrounding this guy.

While I like his attitude alot, I have to concur with the less than enthusiastic supporters. Lets not line this guy up for a title shot just yet, ok? He looks very slick on the ground and has very nice speed and throws. However until we can see him mix it up with the stand up game, I'm worried he'll be just a one dimensional fighter. He's very young, so even if that part of his game hasn't developed yet (we don't really know!) he has time to work on it. He looks like he's got enough athleticism so it shouldn't take long with the right guidance.

Look for GSP to take this kid under his wing, or at least line him up with a camp that will help him develop. I'm sure there are some that are watching the show and win or lose TUF, he'll get a call, or meet someone in the events surrounding the finals.

Definite potential here either way.

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't like Brookins. I don't like hating on people that I've never met' date=' but he's one of them people that annoy you for no apparent reason. I think it's his hair, he looks like a poodle. He doesn't make a lot of sense when he talks, talking about paying rent and riding bicycles to the library, and when he talks it reminds me of nate diaz, which is probably another reason I don't like him.

People say how sick he is and how he is destroying people, which is kinda far fetched. He's had 2 RNC's with no hint of how his stand up is. If he would have beat the life out of somebody like Bj vs. Joe daddy then submitted them, that would be "sick". I don't quiet get the hype surrounding this guy.[/quote']

You dont hafta beat the life out of someone to complete dominate every second of the fight like he has twice now. Just great technique. This sport isnt all about bloodying someone up and destroying someone... and please dont compare him to freakn Nate Diaz. Nate is a punk and they sound a little alike in their voice but this guy is humble, intelligent( regardless if he sounds that way or not) , and just realizes that hes not there yet unlike 90% of the other guys. Isnt that the way you should be if you were in the house? No one is saying he will be the LW champion but he definitely has the talent to win the show. and he talks about riding his bike and the library because thats what he likes to do. Those are things that interest him and I dont see how that could bother you that he lieks to read and lead a simpler life then others. lol Idk its your opinion and im not bashing on you just dont see how couldnt like this guy, but to each their own.

You dont hafta beat the life out of someone to complete dominate every second of the fight like he has twice now. Just great technique. This sport isnt all about bloodying someone up and destroying someone... and please dont compare him to freakn Nate Diaz. Nate is a punk and they sound a little alike in their voice but this guy is humble' date=' intelligent( regardless if he sounds that way or not) , and just realizes that hes not there yet unlike 90% of the other guys. Isnt that the way you should be if you were in the house? No one is saying he will be the LW champion but he definitely has the talent to win the show. and he talks about riding his bike and the library because thats what he likes to do. Those are things that interest him and I dont see how that could bother you that he lieks to read and lead a simpler life then others. lol Idk its your opinion and im not bashing on you just dont see how couldnt like this guy, but to each their own.[/quote']

Wow, a civil response. Thanks for not blowing it all out of proportion. To me this sport should be about fighting, it is called ultimate fighting championship. Great technique is great, but I don't consider good grappling "dominating" somebody. Controlling maybe, but not dominating. I'm not a fan of fighters who use solely BJJ during fights. I don't hate the guy or anything, I'm not a big fan of him. Like you said, to each his own.

Wow' date=' a civil response. Thanks for not blowing it all out of proportion. To me this sport should be about fighting, it is called ultimate fighting championship. Great technique is great, but I don't consider good grappling "dominating" somebody. Controlling maybe, but not dominating. I'm not a fan of fighters who use solely BJJ during fights. I don't hate the guy or anything, I'm not a big fan of him. Like you said, to each his own.[/quote']

If your one dimension is good enough to control and finish fights, like he has shown the ability to do. then pure grappling is plenty good enough.

Finishing a fight, in any fashion, is the purest form of domination.

That's true, but in today's UFC you can't be one dimensional. Not saying that he is, but we haven't seen much else out of him for people to be saying how he's such a beast and that he is going to win the show.

That's true' date=' but in today's UFC you can't be one dimensional. Not saying that he is, but we haven't seen much else out of him for people to be saying how he's such a beast and that he is going to win the show.[/quote']

I agree for the most part, people used to say Efrain Escudero was a "beast" too. All I see is a very likable guy who seems to have a very good head on his shoulders who has ground skills good enough to win on a show where not many others have honestly shown all that much.

You have to keep winning the show in perspective as an accomplishment. It means something, but not always all that much. Kendall Grove or Mac Danzig can attest to that.

Whatever happens with the kid I like his attitude and wish him success.