Wow GSP Really??? Stop trying to Ruin the UFC.

Shady_Champ

As we al know GSP is good at game planning and raping the point system. He goes out there and executes the plan to the T.

As we all saw last night he said he was going to cut back on the training and start working more on the gameplans. It is a good idea, however after watching the Nam fight last night with is fighter just doing the Wall n Stall tactic I could see the kind of gameplans he was going to put together. Then the thing that pissed me off and had me swearing at the TV was in between rounds when he said to his fighter "You won that round, now I want you to LEAN ON HIM"

LEAN ON HIM!?!?!?! LEAN ON HIM?!?!?!? How about saying something like Good job now lets go out there and finish this fight.

GSP I am not impressed by your cornering, in fact I'm disgusted by it.

As we al know GSP is good at game planning and raping the point system. He goes out there and executes the plan to the T.

As we all saw last night he said he was going to cut back on the training and start working more on the gameplans. It is a good idea' date=' however after watching the Nam fight last night with is fighter just doing the Wall n Stall tactic I could see the kind of gameplans he was going to put together. Then the thing that pissed me off and had me swearing at the TV was in between rounds when he said to his fighter "You won that round, now I want you to LEAN ON HIM"

LEAN ON HIM!?!?!?! LEAN ON HIM?!?!?!? How about saying something like Good job now lets go out there and finish this fight.

GSP I am not impressed by your cornering, in fact I'm disgusted by it.[/quote']

haha LOL. Technically he just wants for his fighter to win but that was indeed bad advice. Can i join Anderson's Army?

I'm with you man, this isnt wrestling, Refs need to step up their game and break it up quicker, in most fights a fighter can do it for 3 minutes and by that time they've won the round. Only way fighters can stop it is to get better Ground Games cause some fighters like GSP are gonna take you down regardless how good your TDD is.

As we all saw last night he said he was going to cut back on the training and start working more on the gameplans. It is a good idea' date=' however after watching the Nam fight last night with is fighter just doing the Wall n Stall tactic I could see the kind of gameplans he was going to put together. Then the thing that pissed me off and had me swearing at the TV was in between rounds when he said to his fighter "You won that round, now I want you to LEAN ON HIM"

You forgot to mention he was wining about Kos being happy Nam got the win, calling him unsportman like towards McKenzie, while in fact McKenzie is provoking Koscheck from the start of this seasons TUF, even calling him out saying he wants to fight him in the UFC. If you watch closely after George made the remark and Cody leaves the octagon, Koscheck gives Mckenzie a tap on the shoulder, giving him mutual respect as a fighter.

George just got aggetated that he lost the fight and ran his mouth saying that.

You forgot to mention he was wining about Kos being happy Nam got the win' date=' calling him unsportman like towards McKenzie, while in fact McKenzie is provoking Koscheck from the start of this seasons TUF, even calling him out saying he wants to fight him in the UFC. If you watch closely after George made the remark and Cody leaves the octagon, Koscheck gives Mckenzie a tap on the shoulder, giving him mutual respect as a fighter.

George just got aggetated that he lost the fight and ran his mouth saying that.[/quote']

I noticed that. It's not like he was in there break dancing and doing flips. GSP = sore loser.

Mackenzie was obviously gassed and out classed in the stand up. He roughed Nam up pretty good in the clinch and on the ground in the first round. It was the only way to win the fight provided Nam didn't stick his head in Cody's armpit to be quillotined. Sounded like pretty solid advice to me.

Nice finish by Nam, I don't know if Bas Rutten watches TUF but if he does you know he got excited by the wicked body shot finisher.

So trying to lead his student to victory is bad cornering? Clearly you should have been aborted. Shut the **** up!!!

Mackenzie was obviously gassed and out classed in the stand up. He roughed Nam up pretty good in the clinch and on the ground in the first round. It was the only way to win the fight provided Nam didn't stick his head in Cody's armpit to be quillotined. Sounded like pretty solid advice to me.

Nice finish by Nam' date=' I don't know if Bas Rutten watches TUF but if he does you know he got excited by the wicked body shot finisher.[/quote']

Agreed.

Did you miss the part before the fight where GSP said Nam was better than Cody at everything but the gullitone? GSP knew the only way Cody could win is by neutralizing Nam's stand up and ju jitsu by putting him against the cage. If Cody would have stuck to the game plan he would have won. These guys are out there to win, and they are going to do that by matching there strength's with there opponent's weakness'. GSP knows this and that is why he wanted Cody to put him against the cage. You all saw what happened to Cody when he stood there and traded with Nam.

I understand where you are coming from but, a very lackluster based conclusion.

IN ALL HONESTY, it was a great plan to tell Mackenzie this.

Mackenzie was GA$$ED out of his mind. When your gassed and you can lean into someone, you can regain your composure and gain some gas. Trust me. When your using your arms all out, and then you can lean on someone for say 30 seconds, you can gain a little more gas. GSP wanted to neutralize Nam Fams (whatever hes called. haha) STANDUP. If he did this, That would be his best shot at winning.

AS YOU KNOW GSP SAID IN THE Begging THAT MACKENZIE WAS NOT THE BETTER FIGHTER AND HE WAS TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO WIN. THIS WAS THE ONLY SMALL WAY THAT COULD HAPPEN.

george knew Mackenzie was not the better fighter and I knew that also.

You shouldn't come on here talking about this though. You are no pro mma fighter. You don't know nearly as much as you think you do. just read above and you'll know why.

Gosh i miss PRIDE

no rubin' n luvin in PRIDE, just feet to faces and fighters trying to KTFO of each other.

it's like a plague this LnP, started in the WW, spread also to LW and a little to MW.

we better eliminate it before it gets to LHW and HW, otherwise i'll commit suicide

I agree with you Shady, who tells someone to go lean on their opponent? Also, I found it hilarious when Cody said he is a tricky fighter, probably a stupid thing to say. Right when he said he was a tricky fighter, I realized to beat him all you have to do is hit him him hard enough and he'll pretty much give up.

Gosh i miss PRIDE

no rubin' n luvin in PRIDE' date=' just feet to faces and fighters trying to KTFO of each other.

it's like a plague this LnP, started in the WW, spread also to LW and a little to MW.

we better eliminate it before it gets to LHW and HW, otherwise i'll commit suicide[/quote']

Trust me bro. Pride was awesome in the fact that i only watched "best of pride", but the UFC is just as good. You need to realize that when people look back at the past, they think its so much better than the present, when really, it wasn't as good. It could be the same or maybe atad bit better or worse, but. You are just looking for an excuse for saying "THINGS WERE BETTER".

trust me bro. many people say they wish it was the past. i wish it were like 10 years ago (ect..)

When the present in the future will be just as good as anything. You will be saying 20 years from now "o man i wish fighters like GSP Silva, Wandy, Forrest were here. They were awesome. Now its all about BJJ"

LOL. im not kidding with you. LnP is and will fade away. Trust me. BJJ will reign in the near future. trust me on that one. as you can see, many wrestlers shots are being more defended.

^^^^^Stupid/Frustrated^^^^^

Nice finish by Nam' date=' I don't know if Bas Rutten watches TUF but if he does you know he got excited by the wicked body shot finisher.[/quote']

^^^^^Intelligent^^^^^

Yeah Shady_Chump "Swing for the fences".... Just like GSP haters like to do in light of his obviously superior intellect (octagon intellect that is).

Trust me bro. Pride was awesome in the fact that i only watched "best of pride"' date=' but the UFC is just as good. You need to realize that when people look back at the past, they think its so much better than the present, when really, it wasn't as good. It could be the same or maybe atad bit better or worse, but. You are just looking for an excuse for saying "THINGS WERE BETTER".

trust me bro. many people say they wish it was the past. i wish it were like 10 years ago (ect..)

When the present in the future will be just as good as anything. You will be saying 20 years from now "o man i wish fighters like GSP Silva, Wandy, Forrest were here. They were awesome. Now its all about BJJ"

LOL. im not kidding with you. LnP is and will fade away. Trust me. BJJ will reign in the near future. trust me on that one. as you can see, many wrestlers shots are being more defended.[/quote']

i disagree,

i never watched anything like Big Nog vs Cro cop or Big Nog vs Sapp in the UFC, never saw an expected fight like Fedor vs Cro Cop, never saw a brutal KO like Wandy vs Rampage 2.

Of course, people are never happy with what they have, but by comparing the best of of both franchise, i'd go PRIDE

and, BJJ is better than LnP, but not as good as soccer kick attempt of murder

Mackenzie was totally gassed' date=' anyone could see that.

What would you tell a gassed fighter who is up in the points and has considerable less skills ?[/quote']

This..

for the people who watch the show the advice sucks. but it was pretty obvious that gassed out mckenzie wasn't gonna win the fight by trading punches. the clinch was his only real shot in the second round so I don't think you can blame GSP for giving that advice.

it's not GSP, it's the rules that makes this **** possible.

it favors wrestling techniques imo

This..

for the people who watch the show the advice sucks. but it was pretty obvious that gassed out mckenzie wasn't gonna win the fight by trading punches. the clinch was his only real shot in the second round so I don't think you can blame GSP for giving that advice.

it's not GSP' date=' it's the rules that makes this **** possible.

it favors wrestling techniques imo[/quote']

Not to mention that Shady_Chump, a well known GSP hater, is utilizing the famous "ignore circumstances" power of the dumb, and takes the "lean on him" so damn literally.

Of course, GSP would rather take the time, and explain to Cody that he should clinch and then, with knees to Nam's legs, and body, and punches to the head and body (like he did in round 1), that would be his best bet. He would then, take the time to elaborate on how to do that, mention wrist control and maybe roll with him for a few minutes.

The thing is, Chump, that there is no freakin' time for this between rounds. So you utilize the "short version" - hence "Lean on him".

You realize that it was the only way Cody could have beaten Nam other than a freak guillotine which Nam was too smart for.

It's called tactics... strategy. A gameplan.

As we all saw last night he said he was going to cut back on the training and start working more on the gameplans. It is a good idea, however after watching the Nam fight last night with is fighter just doing the Wall n Stall tactic I could see the kind of gameplans he was going to put together. Then the thing that pissed me off and had me swearing at the TV was in between rounds when he said to his fighter "You won that round, now I want you to LEAN ON HIM"

GSP I am not impressed by your cornering, in fact I'm disgusted by it.[/quote

Your a dumb*** dude seriously that was his only way to win the standing up with nam would be dumb cause nam has good standup game and good jiu jistu so his gameplan was wrestling because wrestling can neutralize his standup and his jiu jistu but the gameplan kind of changed when he was unable to get the takedown so he was doing awesome up against the cage thats was his only advantage plus he was gassed so yea dude stop talking out of turn when obviously you know nothing on mma and if by some chance you do iam disgusted!

What would you advise your fighter to do when you know he is outclassed in every aspect of MMA. the guy has zero stand-up and tries to catch guys being unothrodox. he has zero ground game and zero cardio. GSP knew this and said his best chance of winning is in the clinch against teh cage or ontop against the cage.

So game plan is to not stand and get KO, not be in Nam's gaurd where he can attempt subs.

After teh first round the kid was gassed. there was no way he was going to be able to apply any gameplan other than grabbing Nam and leaning on him trying to get a TD.

What would have been better to tell a gassed fighter? "Go stand in front of him, see if you can take his punches"?

and quit? Getting a win anyway you can is better then being a quitter.

Look how people reacted to Jamie Yager for quitting' date=' worst thing you can do

to yourself.[/quote']

If it's about protecting the fighter then yes throw in the towel. People quit when they're subbed. Why do they tap? To avoid having they're arm broken. If a fighter can't go out and compete then he's basically going out there to get KO'd Like everyone said, GSP knew that Cody was gassed and outclassed.

Part of what you say makes sense about protecting a fighter' date=' but Cody was not in any danger of getting hurt. Quitting because you are tired cant be compared to tapping when you are going to either fall asleep or something is going to break.[/quote']

The Shady dude will not let ridiculous things such as "reason", "reality" or "Common sense" spoil his fun hating on GSP :)

He KNOWS he's wrong. He is just trying to warp reality to suite the need to hate.

If it's about protecting the fighter then yes throw in the towel. People quit when they're subbed. Why do they tap? To avoid having they're arm broken. If a fighter can't go out and compete then he's basically going out there to get KO'd Like everyone said' date=' GSP knew that Cody was gassed and outclassed.[/quote']

Very true. however, being Kod or tapped out is beter than saying hey I quit.

I dont think Cody was in the same state that Penn was agaisnt GSP where he was just beaten. I think Cody could have grappled and clinched to a win however he opted to strike after a failed attempt at clinching and ended up losing via liver punch. Cody still had the size and energy to "lean" on Nam for a win. However when you are tired you tend to resort to habits and there is nothing techincal about Cody so he ended up getting beat.

If it's about protecting the fighter then yes throw in the towel. People quit when they're subbed. Why do they tap? To avoid having they're arm broken. If a fighter can't go out and compete then he's basically going out there to get KO'd Like everyone said' date=' GSP knew that Cody was gassed and outclassed.[/quote']

He was not in danger

he was just to gassed to work any form of stand up.

Leaning on him gives his fighter a chance to catch his breath while sapping the opponent of some energy while neutralizing his striking.

If you believe anything else you obviously do not know **** about fighting.

You swing on Silva's **** all you like, but the advice was given to a gassed fighter who was outclassed in the stand up and it was solid advice to help win the fight.

But I bet you are to moronic to realize that and will just continue to rant and rave without and clue

Just like he did with the BJ Penn fight, Leaning on him to bring the blood into the shoulders, causing Nam to not throw punches soo fast. Nam has almost the same physique as Penn. so, why not use the same game plan..?

As we all saw last night he said he was going to cut back on the training and start working more on the gameplans. It is a good idea' date=' however after watching the Nam fight last night with is fighter just doing the Wall n [u']Stall [/u]tactic I could see the kind of gameplans he was going to put together. Then the thing that pissed me off and had me swearing at the TV was in between rounds when he said to his fighter "You won that round, now I want you to LEAN ON HIM"

GSP I am not impressed by your cornering, in fact I'm disgusted by it.

That is not what he said.

He wasn't stalling.

UFC must change the conception and judge for takedowns .. LNP is just horrible for MMA .. LAY AND FINISH THAN YES I AGREE

I remember when Lyoto Machida would run away from battle like a scaredy cat. Remember when Frank Mir and Crocop had a sparring match? Not once did they go for a take down, but it was still..... Yawn.....

I have nothing against wrestling, stand-up or bjj but I hate when fighters avoid the fight. If they end up on the ground the whole match and each are active, then Awesome!

When fighters gas they sometimes lay an pray. But, if you let a gassed out fighter hold you down like what Jake Shields did to Kampmann, then, there has to be something to say about the other fighter too.

Archived