People are dumb. Ring rust will NOT be a factor for Evans/Rua.

ThirstForBLOOD

Both guys haven't been fighting for the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. Case closed.

Duuuude. Great. Ahahah. Seriously though, I wasn't worried about this anyway. What is the difference between hard sparring inside a cage and an actual UFC fight? Not a whole lot, I'm sure Shogun won't have to many jitters considering he's been fighting all his life. I definantly think Rashad is the one who should be worried aout this fight.

Yet Evans has been able to continue training while Shogun has been laid up in a bed for a good portion of time..... It may be a bigger factor than you realize.

Too bad Shogun is 10X the true fighter as Rashad and will blitz him before he tires too much. Rashad's chin is anything but proven and If Mauricio goes at him strong to open the fight I can see Evans falling in the first similar to Machida. But if that doesn't happen be prepared for 3 additional rounds of Rashad Evans patented "fighting without fighting" technique and around 20 minutes of wall n stall.

Evans better pray that Rua has more rust than the Tin Man on "The Wizard of Oz", as that could be his only hope.

but i would rather be off for however long healthy, than being abke to train, spar and grow as a fighter, don''t know how mucxh you guys know but surgerys are big deals, and especially because it's a reoccuring problem with shogun, his knee is his problem and wrstlers can take advantage of it,

and if anyone thinks that the takedown won't happen, just think that Rashad's takedowns>machida's takedowns

As a musician, I must tell you>>> If you do not practice on a regualar interval, your skills will diminish. Same thing with any sport>>> If don't practice or train on a regular interval, your skills and athleticism will diminish.

There is a saying in Music which I think applies to all other sports. You have to have so many hours of practice or training just to keep yourself from not losing what you already have.

I think ring rust is a major question mark for this fight.

Ring rust effects strikers more than grapplers. Timing and distnace play a mjor role with ring rust. Rua may have been fighting for his entire life however taking a year off from fighting will hurt his timing and striking. the question really is how long will his timing be off and even if he isnt as crisp as usual, will his striking be in-effective or still be devastating.

Evans is a grappler and you know his plan is not to stand with Rua. HE refused to strike with Rampage (who he hated) and Rua is far better striker than Rampage. Wrestling is less risky than striking and ring rust doesnt play much of a role with wrestling. His TD timing might be off however once he gets a leg its a pretty high % that it will end on the ground.

Plus Rua is coming off surgery and this will be his first test on the knee. there is a psychological piece and ring rust and surgery may lead to hesitation on Rua's part.

Yea but one guy is coming off a rehabed knee' date=' and the other is perfectly healthy...I'm just sayin!![/quote']

Rashad is not a clinch guy and he is the shorter of the fighters. Rua's knee and elbows will find Evans head if they end up clinching. The only time rashard wants to be clinched up is when he is attempting a double/single against the fence. he doesnt not want to be battling for position and dirty boxing with Rua.

Archived