Happy Veteran's Day!!!!

Slam_Man

U.S. Navy 1998-2002 Onboard the U.S.S Abraham Lincoln CVN-72 Home port- Everett' date=' Washington[/quote']

Damn Fu I didn't know. Good man.

Never served myself but my family has sent sons to every American war from the Revolution to Vietnam, and many gave their lives, including an older brother I never knew and my father though the end came for him about 40 years after his time in a Korean POW camp.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the government's intentions or reasons for going to war, the men on the ground were/are there for what they believe in their hearts to be righteous reasons, and I got nothing but respect for those men on the ground.

Had to google shellback... ;)

Thank you KFM!!

Just serving my country....

Damn Fu I didn't know. Good man.

Never served myself but my family has sent sons to every American war from the Revolution to Vietnam' date=' and many gave their lives, including an older brother I never knew and my father though the end came for him about 40 years after his time in a Korean POW camp.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of the government's intentions or reasons for going to war, the men on the ground were/are there for what they believe in their hearts to be righteous reasons, and I got nothing but respect for those men on the ground.[/quote']

I would have been a lifer but my first command was not what I expected. It was rewarding but I couldn't stand the my chain of command in my department. They were so **** about everything.

One of the good things which came out of this is I have used my Montgomery GI bill to earn a degree.

Despite my experience, I still recommend the military for young adults who does not have a direction in life. The military will literally force you to make wiser choices. You either become a lifer or you get out and work hard on what you want to achieve.

Today is Veteran's Day in the U.S. at least' date=' so just taking the time out to say thank you to all of the troops that fought for our country and our freedom.[/quote']

It's a day in the United States where we honor veterans of the armed services' date=' dead or alive. There are usually parades and ceremonies and things like that.[/quote']

Thanks much for the info members.

One of the good things which came out of this is I have used my Montgomery GI bill to earn a degree.

I have not used mine. I hope to be able to pass it to my son. Use to be we could not, but some things have changed. I am not clear on all of it at this point though.

Lol' date=' who cares?[/quote']

Thank god there are many people in my Country that do.

And to those who don't, more power to you. You have that right.

Thank god, you have that right.

U.S. Navy 1998-2002 Onboard the U.S.S Abraham Lincoln CVN-72 Home port- Everett' date=' Washington

2 deployments to the gulf

2 time shellback[/quote']

Much respect for that man.

Whats the dif with rememberence day and veterans day ?

Never heard of remembrance day. If you mean Memorial Day, the difference is this.

Memorial Day is there to remember the Soldiers that gave their life serving this (US) Country.

Veterans Day is to Remember those that served this Country, in any Branch of the Military, and are no longer in service. You become a Veteran the day you leave the service.

I am a Disabled War Veteran. Meaning my disability is serviced connected, I went to war, and I am no longer in the Service.

I have not used mine. I hope to be able to pass it to my son. Use to be we could not' date=' but some things have changed. I am not clear on all of it at this point though.[/quote']

I got out in 2006, and from what I understand you have 10 years to use it or you can't use it at all.

Not sure if that has changed since then,

Never heard of remembrance day. If you mean Memorial Day' date=' the difference is this.

Memorial Day is there to remember the Soldiers that gave their life serving this (US) Country.

Veterans Day is to Remember those that served this Country, in any Branch of the Military, and are no longer in service. You become a Veteran the day you leave the service.

I am a Disabled War Veteran. Meaning my disability is serviced connected, I went to war, and I am no longer in the Service.[/quote']

Im pretty sure they are the same just under a different name.

Im not from the U.S.

In Australia we have a rememberence day which remembers services provided by past military personel.

Does that make sence ?

Never heard of remembrance day. If you mean Memorial Day' date=' the difference is this.

I am a Disabled War Veteran. Meaning my disability is serviced connected, I went to war, and I am no longer in the Service.[/quote']

remembrance day is canada's equivalent of us's memorial day (or veteran's day.........whatever today is for the u.s)

I got out in 2006' date=' and from what I understand you have 10 years to use it or you can't use it at all.

Not sure if that has changed since then,[/quote']

I got out in 06 also. I know about the 10 years, but there has been talk about letting people pass their GI bill to their kids if they wish. I know something has been done on this, just not sure if it applies to myself.

My son is about to start college. It would be better served going to him. lol

Thanks for your service, and Happy Veterans Day.

Here in Atlanta, Applebees offers free lunch and dinner for Vets. I took advantage of that last year, and today. Kinda cool that they do that.

Im pretty sure they are the same just under a different name.

Im not from the U.S.

In Australia we have a rememberence day which remembers services provided by past military personel.

Does that make sence ?

LOL, I knew where you are from.

Yeah, it makes perfect sense. I guess our Veterans day is like your remembrance day. Honors all people who once served. Our Memorial Day is to honor all that died in Combat for our Country. My Company, for one, gives everyone the day off on Memorial Day, but not on Veterans Day.....lol

I did leave early though.

I got out in 06 also. I know about the 10 years' date=' but there has been talk about letting people pass their GI bill to their kids if they wish. I know something has been done on this, just not sure if it applies to myself.

My son is about to start college. It would be better served going to him. lol

Thanks for your service, and Happy Veterans Day.

Here in Atlanta, Applebees offers free lunch and dinner for Vets. I took advantage of that last year, and today. Kinda cool that they do that.

LOL, I knew where you are from.

Yeah, it makes perfect sense. I guess our Veterans day is like your remembrance day. Honors all people who once served. Our Memorial Day is to honor all that died in Combat for our Country. My Company, for one, gives everyone the day off on Memorial Day, but not on Veterans Day.....lol

I did leave early though.[/quote']

Happy Veterans day to you too.

Didn't do the Applebee's thing, I found out about it to late.

Happy Veterans day to you too.

Didn't do the Applebee's thing' date=' I found out about it to late.[/quote']

They seem to be doing it every year, so keep it in mind next year. You just have to provide proof. Being a Disabled Vet, I have a VA ID. Comes in handy....lol

Plus, the benefits are nice. 50% means a lot.

They seem to be doing it every year' date=' so keep it in mind next year. You just have to provide proof. Being a Disabled Vet, I have a VA ID. Comes in handy....lol

Plus, the benefits are nice. 50% means a lot.[/quote']

I got out on my own free will, all i got was a dd-214, a ticket home, and the GI Bill.

I went to medical about my knee being ****ed up before I got out and I **** you not, they told me it would heal on its own.

I got out on my own free will' date=' all i got was a dd-214, a ticket home, and the GI Bill.

I went to medical about my knee being ****ed up before I got out and I **** you not, they told me it would heal on its own.[/quote']

Yeah, handed you some Motrin and sent you on you way huh?

Sucks.

I broke my ankle, and tore up the ligaments. I also tore my rotator cuff, and labrum.

Had Surgery twice while in the Army. Got a Medical discharge.

I joined at 32. Took a toll on certain parts of my body...lol

I also went to sick call one day for heart burn. Turns out, it was acid reflux.

That alone is 30%. I had no idea.

Yeah' date=' handed you some Motrin and sent you on you way huh?

Sucks.

I broke my ankle, and tore up the ligaments. I also tore my rotator cuff, and labrum.

Had Surgery twice while in the Army. Got a Medical discharge.

I joined at 32. Took a toll on certain parts of my body...lol

I also went to sick call one day for heart burn. Turns out, it was acid reflux.

That alone is 30%. I had no idea.[/quote']

You go in younger and they dont care...I went in at 19

Congrats though dude, im not gonna hate on you for getting it at all.

Archived