Bernard Hopkins disses Floyd Mayweather Jr

TYRONEWAYNESMITH

Is he hating or do you think he is right

If he wants to waste money in clubs, blow $40 million dollars and not pay his taxes, that’s on him. We have to think and be different. Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, you haven’t seen those guy’s houses. You haven’t seen Bill Gates with a million dollars sitting in stacks like some drug dealer. I don’t have a self-esteem problem, Floyd does. I’m 45; he’s like a young boy to me. I was schooled by old heads. So when I became an old head to the 20’s and early 30’s guys, when I speak they listen. Same why the rappers do with Jay-Z, I have that in the boxing world.

It ain’t about how much money you got, but how much you can count 20, 30 years from now. Mike Tyson had $300 million dollars, and he got tricked out of it. Let’s see who’s ballin’ 15-20 years from now, when you need the money and can’t jump in the ring and make that money back. Because if the rumors are true, Floyd needs money now [laughs]. It’s not how much you got, but how much you keep. I would never flash my money.

You’ll never catch me on MTV Cribs. Oh I’m sitting on 17,000 square feet, I got 6 acres. But I ain’t got to call the newspapers and tell them come to my house, and next thing you know someone runs up in there damn near trying to take the Kool Aid out my refrigerator…even though I don’t drink Kool Aid, heh. That’s the difference between me and Floyd and where the arrogance comes from.

When Floyd saw me at the Fontainebleau in Miami , because I got a condo down there, the first thing he said to me “yo man you got to see my house!” Now I’m looking at this dude at like 2 in the morning, this young boy, saying first of all what do I care? Tell me about you r family, your daughter, your pops, but he wants to tell me I got to see his house like I’m a b***h! I ain’t one of your *****es, man. What are you talking about?! And lo and behold, I watch the 24/7 from the last fight, you seen it and I seen it, him sitting up there with Puffy showing it off. I’m not into that.

Nobody has seen Jay-Z house, have they? Think about it. Look at the ignorance. Take this as a lesson dog, this is straight knowledge. I’m sitting pretty good. You never see anyone up in my house in Delaware unless they got helicopters. I take them to the condos in Philly and Miami, and they desperately been trying to get to the main house for the last 10 years. They know it’s nice, HBO is like “people got to see it Bernard, see your business savvy, etc.” I say nah, [because] then they won’t want to give me any more checks! I know human nature. Noooo, the less they see the better I’m off.

That’s a street thing, if I was drug dealer why would I go out and buy a brand new car and draw attention on my block? No, I want them to think I’m doing bad. You take the streets and take into corporate America, and that’s why you have rappers that don’t have to sell coke no more. Corporate America is the new drug game. If you still out there trying to hustle on the block you’re a fool.

Video of him floyd mayweather showing off some more

73999_469282653112_363865183112_5606825_555348_n.jpg

149494_470132043112_363865183112_5615947_2268733_n.jpg

Hopkins is 100% right in this one. All that crap Mayweather does, trying look like his life is a music video is ridiculous. How does anyone of that help him in boxing or any other businesses he might be in? It could be argued that for a rapper to go around flashing his wealth it could help in the sense that so much of it is about portraying a certain persona to your audience and the mindless mass market actually believe that crap. But when you're a boxer all you're doing is imitating some ******** because you think that's keeping it hood or something, when really you make yourself seem like an ignorant child in an adults body, obsessed with toys and shiny objects. Like Bernard said it shows a lack of self confidence and the need to over compensate. Really if you think about it (and this will sound very sexist) it's a very feminine trait to be so obsessed with material possessions and always showing off what you have. Men aren't supposed to be the ones always concerned with having the nicest furniture, expensive clothes and gaudy jewelry. That's a womanly trait. I'm from Las Vegas so there are a lot of people out here who like Floyd and have a similar mentality, but every time I talk to someone who admires that kind of person or lifestyle I just shake my head and think to myself "You're so ****ing brainwashed and you don't know it." All style, no substance.

Hopkins is 100% right in this one. ....

All style' date=' no substance[/b'].

That sums it all up right there.

B-Hop is going to be a very wealthy man for a very long time, and he will continue making serious money for a very long time. He has set himself up to make more money outside of the ring than he ever did inside it.

Floyd will be broke 2 years after retirement and stage a big "comeback". I can see him going in and out of retirement several times to keep himself out of prison or a homeless shelter.

Athletes in every sport should listen to what he is trying to tell Floyd.

Archived