Dana White Talks Brock Lesnar, Jake Shields and Flyweights

KRYME

During the UFC 122 Fan Q & A: (via Fighters Only)

Brock Lesnar?s next fight is likely to be a rubber match with Frank Mir:

"There won?t be an immediate rematch (between Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasquez), there is no need for one. After the fight Brock took some time off to go hunting; he and I haven?t spoken since the fight so I?m not sure what he wants to do next."

He never asked for Roy Nelson, that?s not true. The last thing I did hear was that he wants to fight Frank Mir again. That fight kind of makes sense so? We will probably see Lesnar fight Mir next, I think that the rubber match makes sense."

Jake Shields is next in line for a title shot:

"Is Jake Shields getting a title shot over Fitch? Yes. Its one of those situations where Fitch has had a shot and Shields is a new guy coming and we are gonna give him a shot.

(Jon Fitch is set to fight Jake Ellenberger at UFC 126)

Flyweights are coming to the UFC:

"Eventually we will do 125lbs. I believe we will open it up a lot sooner than people think we will. There are going to be more title fights in more places."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/11/12/1810053/dana-white-talks-brock-lesnar-jake-shields-and-flyweights

I said that whole Roy Nelson thing was just a rumor.

Well the forum's resident Brockamaniacs all said it was true and a sign of Brock wanting a "challenge" with Nelson rather than Mir.

You mean SOS, and Ralfy Handjobber and Labiawartthing were wrong?

Who would have known?

I don't care who his next loss will be to, just get it over with and send him back to Uncle Vinnie!

No. We just read an article and that's what it said.

Rofl @ all the people who claimed Brock was ducking Mur.

I think after Brock gets done with Mur this time the only job he's gonna be able to get is using his voice/commentating skill, why do you think he's been practicing on WEC.

Ever see hamburger meat after it's been put through a grinder 3 times?

Archived