the UFC's fight schedule

tab665

is it just me, or are people fighting for the #1 contender spot several months before the champion even defends his belt against their next opponent getting old. JDS has been next up for an enternity. this weekend we find the new middleweight #1 contender who has to wait for the results at the beginning of next year to know who the champion will even be, add on another 4-6 months and its possible the winner this weekend will have a good 8 month layoff. and lets not even talk about the LHW division that shogun has held hostage. why cant the UFC have the #1 contender matchup, and the championship fight on the same card. in one night youll know who is still the champ and whos next in line for the belt. each event can highlight a different division and give plenty of time for training for the next fight. what do you guys think?

is it just me' date=' or are people fighting for the #1 contender spot several months before the champion even defends his belt against their next opponent getting old. JDS has been next up for an enternity. this weekend we find the new middleweight #1 contender who has to wait for the results at the beginning of next year to know who the champion will even be, add on another 4-6 months and its possible the winner this weekend will have a good 8 month layoff. and lets not even talk about the LHW division that shogun has held hostage. why cant the UFC have the #1 contender matchup, and the championship fight on the same card. in one night youll know who is still the champ and whos next in line for the belt. each event can highlight a different division and give plenty of time for training for the next fight. what do you guys think?[/quote']

I like it or they have a event either before or after the championship fight to determine the #1 contender i think they will start getting more organized it seems like they've started

is it just me' date=' or are people fighting for the #1 contender spot several months before the champion even defends his belt against their next opponent getting old. JDS has been next up for an enternity. this weekend we find the new middleweight #1 contender who has to wait for the results at the beginning of next year to know who the champion will even be, add on another 4-6 months and its possible the winner this weekend will have a good 8 month layoff. and lets not even talk about the LHW division that shogun has held hostage. why cant the UFC have the #1 contender matchup, and the championship fight on the same card. in one night youll know who is still the champ and whos next in line for the belt. each event can highlight a different division and give plenty of time for training for the next fight. what do you guys think?[/quote']

It doesn't work that way. Let's be logical, there are tons of factors that contribute to the reason why things are the way they are. In a perfect world that would be great but its just not realistic.

It doesn't work that way. Let's be logical' date=' there are tons of factors that contribute to the reason why things are the way they are. In a perfect world that would be great but its just not realistic.[/quote']

but it still seems like a bad business idea to have your best fighters, and best PPV draws fight only once every 8 months. lets say that a fighter has a 3 to 4 year window to be in their prime. if they fight in the UFC and is a top contender or champion it seems that a lot of that time is wasted. GSP is in his prime right now and it seems like he never fights, and i dont mean that in a "because he just lays on guys" kind of way.

Man learn to paragraph things and speak your topic just lil better.....

Archived