Fining Japanese fighters for not tapping

thesystem25

I think fining Japanese fighters for not tapping would be beneficial for them.

There are a lot of Japanese fighters who won't tap when caught in a choke. Sometimes it's simply a fighter not tapping in time, but other times a fighter will refuse to tap even when beaten. The main reason is pride. I think it goes back to their culture of never surrendering. But I have a feeling a lot of them do want to tap when they know their beaten, but are afraid of the ridicule they will get back home for "surrendering".

Threatening them with escalating fines will give them an excuse to tap and help them avoid putting their lives at risk.

I realize their are non Japanese fighters who also won't tap, so obviously this applies to every fighter. But I think the Japanese are the ones who won't tap the most out of all the cultures.

There are a lot of Japanese fighters who won't tap when caught in a choke. Sometimes it's simply a fighter not tapping in time' date=' but other times a fighter will refuse to tap even when beaten. The main reason is pride. I think it goes back to their culture of never surrendering. But I have a feeling a lot of them do want to tap when they know their beaten, but are afraid of the ridicule they will get back home for "surrendering".

Threatening them with escalating fines will give them an excuse to tap and help them avoid putting their lives at risk.

I realize their are non Japanese fighters who also won't tap, so obviously this applies to every fighter. But I think the Japanese are the ones who won't tap the most out of all the cultures.[/quote']

They are very pride full fighters. If Ufc did this they simply would not fight here.. Cann't take a fighters Pride away.

No bro. Let people do what they want. The fighter in his mind should know that if he does not tap, more brain damage will happen and/or your arm/leg will break or something will tear. They should know that. Its up to them. Some people have beliefs no matter what happens. Its almost like you waking up every morning brushing your teeth. To them its "I will wake up everyday and no matter what happens i will never surrender". Who knows.

I dont think there is anything wrong with refusing to tap.

especially when its chokes. joint locks are diffrent because if you dont tap you are risking injury and prolonged absence from fighting. But with chokes there are escapes you can attempt without putting yourself fighting career at risk. You pass out you can fight again. Tapping during a choke you have given up all possibilites to escape. if you try escapes until you actual get choked out, at least you know you tried everything. Makes me sick when you see guys tap as soon as a submission gets slapped on.

How many times have you seen fighters in situations like Hughes and Hardy, who refused to tap out and got back to their feet. this is mentality you should have.

alright you have to explain this one ....

sure he's referring to the fight from last night ... but it's a general statement.

general stateman has nothing to do with it UFC.+topic is asian fighters not the UFC fighters so thats why wrong section.satisfield?i never say it for nothing.

There are a lot of Japanese fighters who won't tap when caught in a choke. Sometimes it's simply a fighter not tapping in time' date=' but other times a fighter will refuse to tap even when beaten. The main reason is pride. I think it goes back to their culture of never surrendering. But I have a feeling a lot of them do want to tap when they know their beaten, but are afraid of the ridicule they will get back home for "surrendering".

I realize their are non Japanese fighters who also won't tap, so obviously this applies to every fighter. But I think the Japanese are the ones who won't tap the most out of all the cultures.[/quote']

This makes perfect sense. I mean, losing consciousness or having a limb broken isn't punishment enough for not tapping. Why not fine them? Sounds about right to me. Yes sir. Wait a minute... Nah, fining someone for not tapping is just ****ing stupid. Tap, Snap or Nap, that's how it is. Quit yer *****ing.

This makes perfect sense. I mean' date=' losing consciousness or having a limb broken isn't punishment enough for not tapping. Why not fine them? Sounds about right to me. Yes sir. Wait a minute... Nah, fining someone for not tapping is just ****ing stupid. Tap, Snap or Nap, that's how it is. Quit yer *****ing.[/quote']

LMFAO. Bro your a laugh.

Archived