Best current UFC striker/stand-up fighter in your opinion?

bright508620

Mine would be Shogun. I mean he has prooved it to us against Machida in both fights. Who do you believe is the best current striker in the UFC?

Well here are my top 3:

1) Shogun

2) Machida

3) Frankie Edgar

A. Silva is not in here currently due to the fact that Chael Sonnen should either be #1 on this list or his (silva) striking is just very overrated. I believe it was overrated IMO.

I think SIlva is in the UFC, he has dominated good strikers and is very technical with great head movement, footwork, speed and power.

Just because Chael got the better of some of the striking doesn't mean he is a technically better striker, if you go by "he got outstruck by him, so he can't be that good", you couldn't have Shogun at the top seen as Diabate (Great striker BTW, no shame in that) outstruck him, so did Forrest and IMO Lil Nog got the better of him striking.

Shogun Rua was losing the fight against Cyrille Diabate in the striking department until he took him down. Rua is a good striker' date=' but definitely not one of the best.[/quote']

Not sure how long that was ago. But when he fought Forrest, Forrest was getting the best of Rua also. Rua has improved his striking to his full potential. You are sadly mistaken. You must realize that fighters improve. GSP with everything. Shogun imo strictly with his striking.

Mine would be Shogun. I mean he has prooved it to us against Machida in both fights. Who do you believe is the best current striker in the UFC?

Well here are my top 3:

1) Shogun

2) Machida

3) Frankie Edgar

A. Silva is not in here currently due to the fact that Chael Sonnen should either be #1 on this list or his (silva) striking is just very overrated. I believe it was overrated IMO.

Thiago Alves

Not sure how long that was ago. But when he fought Forrest' date=' Forrest was getting the best of Rua also. Rua has improved his striking to his full potential. You are sadly mistaken. You must realize that fighters improve. GSP with everything. Shogun imo strictly with his striking.[/quote']

I wouldn't say is constantly improving. He's always been good at everything, but he doesn't excel in something like other fighters do i.e. GSP - wrestling, Anderson Silva - striking, Demian Maia - BJJ.

Thank you for proving my point even further.

Not sure how long that was ago. But when he fought Forrest' date=' Forrest was getting the best of Rua also. Rua has improved his striking to his full potential. You are sadly mistaken. You must realize that fighters improve. GSP with everything. Shogun imo strictly with his striking.[/quote']

I don't think his striking has improved that much, i think his gameplans have just been much better. He used to go out and try to finish violently, chute boxe style lol, but now he picks his shots and his timing seems better. I still do not see him as the best striker, a great striker, but not the best.

My top 10 would be...

1) Shogun

2) Machida

3) Edgar

4) Cain V.

5) Aldo

6) A. Silva

7) GSP

8) BJ Penn

9) Carwin

10) Rampage

And 1 thing is a fact. Overeem does NOT have the best striking in the world. Cain would kill him. i lol'd.

Cain got rocked by Kongo, Cain would probly die if he got hit with a flying knee from the Reem :)

Cain got rocked by Kongo' date=' Cain would probly die if he got hit with a flying knee from the Reem :)[/quote']

Kongo is a french kickboxing gorilla, I'm impressed that he didn't go out. If Reem tried a flying knee, it would end up in Cain catching him midflight and slamming him on his prissy little overrated ***.

Kongo is a french kickboxing gorilla' date=' I'm impressed that he didn't go out. If Reem tried a flying knee, it would end up in Cain catching him midflight and slamming him on his prissy little overrated ***.[/quote']

Lol, I'm pretty sure Cain wouldn't be able to catch an Uber Knee :P

Overeem might not have faced top competition in MMA recently but his Kickboxing matches have proven that he has world class striking.

Every fighter gets caught.

Fedor was rocked badly by Fujita.

Manhoef was knocked out by Lawler.

Jacare was submitted by Mousasi.

GSP was TKO'ed by Serra.

Cro Cop was KO'ed by Gonzaga.

I think I made my point.

umm, yer, you might wanna watch the fight

hardly what you would call a submission

x

I think SIlva is in the UFC' date=' he has dominated good strikers and is very technical with great head movement, footwork, speed and power.

Just because Chael got the better of some of the striking doesn't mean he is a technically better striker, if you go by "he got outstruck by him, so he can't be that good", you couldn't have Shogun at the top seen as Diabate (Great striker BTW, no shame in that) outstruck him, so did Forrest and IMO Lil Nog got the better of him striking.[/quote']

-Diabate landed 3-4 solid shots at most! Shogun walked through them like a TERMINATOR ,took him down, then swiftly KHTFO! Diabate was getting the better of Shogun for like what? A couple exchanges at most? Then was KO'd.

-Forrest in no way shape or form "out struck" Shogun. Over 90% of the fight was on the ground.

-Lil Nog was certainly beating Shogun up at the start but Shogun came roaring back towards the end and took back the fight standing IHMO

Anyway, both Shogun and Silva have been dropped. Lets look at the positives

Shogun has proven his striking and skills against other elite skilled strikers.

Silva still shows great skills but at the same not against other elite strikers. Im sure he can. He just hasnt shown it yet. He did demolish a very good striker in Franklin. I was very impressed!

Both Mauricio and Anderson are tremedous strikers IMO

I give the edge to Shogun

Shogun is proving him self against the best strikers out there

Well here are my top 3:

1) Shogun

2) Machida

3) Frankie Edgar

id say either anderson silva , aldo, oveerem or dos santos

Good post.

Shogun really adapted and improved everything about his striking to whole other levels.

He was always a good striker(sloppy but fast and powerful + a granite chin)BUT NOW he's a ******* GREAT striker with very solid defense.

The dude is still young too

1.Brock Lesnar

2.Demian Maia

3.Jon Fitch

Jus Kiddin LOL Tha Real list

1. A.Silva (of course)

2.Shogun

3.Machida

4.Penn

5.Carwin

6.Belfort

Im suprised no one said Carwin, everyone knows what he wants to do and he still knocks them out standing up with just his hands.

Belforts a good striker but Silva will mos def catch him first and last

Cain got rocked by Kongo' date=' Cain would probly die if he got hit with a flying knee from the Reem :)[/quote']

tard..okkk...overeems been tkoed b4...he would be out cold with cains hook...sound dumb?yeah exactly nobody knows what is gonna happen until the fight happens...imo their is a diference...ohhand yeah cains been rocked yeah..but yet managed to win the fight...and hes never lost a round..but anything can happen...same was said on machida

tard..okkk...overeems been tkoed b4...he would be out cold with cains hook...sound dumb?yeah exactly nobody knows what is gonna happen until the fight happens...imo their is a diference...ohhand yeah cains been rocked yeah..but yet managed to win the fight...and hes never lost a round..but anything can happen...same was said on machida

Machida WAS/ IS an awesome striker, thats why.

Shogun IS just that awesome though.

The fans that only saw the Griffin and Coleman fights and no idea what Shogun was truly capable of.

Archived