Silva vs Murray is why the Phenom has a chance

NewDad09

Pre-fight everyone knew Murray had hand speed and good power. In their very first exchange, Anderson pulled guard and refused to get up exactly like Leites. He looked great in the exchange as always, but as soon ate a couple punches he didn't like he refused to stand.

I think he'll look to break Vitor down the same way on the feet, and pull guard to frustrate him like he did Murray. My case is that Vitor is faster, more powerful, and stronger in the clinch than Murray.

Before you comment, please watch the fight first; there are three parts total.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVgFFvXW4OQ

Lee Murray had seriously dangerous hands. Fighting Murray was the only time I ever saw Jorge Rivera refuse to stand and bang with his opponent.

And I completely agree that while Anderson's striking is easily the best in his division (possibly in the sport), his ability to take shots is questionable. Mainly because we've never really seen him eat big shots in the UFC and he appeared to get wobbled by Sonnen in their fight.

Pre-fight everyone knew Murray had hand speed and good power. In their very first exchange' date=' Anderson pulled guard and refused to get up exactly like Leites. He looked great in the exchange as always, but as soon ate a couple punches he didn't like he refused to stand.

I think he'll look to break Vitor down the same way on the feet, and pull guard to frustrate him like he did Murray. My case is that Vitor is faster, more powerful, and stronger in the clinch than Murray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVgFFvXW4OQ[/quote']

I think you should watch the fight again. That's not exactly what happened in their "very first" exchange. Silva outclassed him on the feet and on the ground.

Also Murray's reach is much closer to Silva's than Vitor's is. Silva has a significant reach advantage over Belfort. I think he'll look to use that reach advantage to its full potential to break Vitor's heart and soul. Once that happens, Vitor's body will give up on him letting Silva cruise to a unanimous decision or a very late TKO.

I'll never count Vitor out though. Anything and everything can happen in MMA.

I think you should watch the fight again. That's not exactly what happened in their "very first" exchange. Silva outclassed him on the feet and on the ground.

Also Murray's reach is much closer to Silva's than Vitor's is. Silva has a significant reach advantage over Belfort. I think he'll look to use that reach advantage to its full potential to break Vitor's heart and soul. Once that happens' date=' Vitor's body will give up on him letting Silva cruise to a unanimous decision or a very late TKO.

I'll never count Vitor out though. Anything and everything can happen in MMA.[/quote']

One thing I noticed.. Silva is listed at 5'11" in that video.

Yeah' date=' it was strange. He's 6'2" I believe.

The reach will be the difference though. Belfort's 74" reach won't be enough for Silva's 77.5" reach.[/quote']

That's what I was thinking. IIRC, Franklin is a solid 6'1", and Silva was a little bigger than him.

Regardless, Silva is NOT the same fighter that he was back then. Look how stiff and straight he stood compared to now.

Pre-fight everyone knew Murray had hand speed and good power. In their very first exchange' date=' Anderson pulled guard and refused to get up exactly like Leites. He looked great in the exchange as always, but as soon ate a couple punches he didn't like he refused to stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVgFFvXW4OQ[/quote']

that was a century ago for christ sake.

That's what I was thinking. IIRC' date=' Franklin is a solid 6'1", and Silva was a little bigger than him.

Regardless, Silva is NOT the same fighter that he was back then. Look how stiff and straight he stood compared to now.[/quote']

Even back then he outclassed a good striker in Murray.

Murray had a lot of potential. It's a shame he went for easy money.

Anderson will need to utilize his footwork to makes Belforts head spin, and use his reach advantage throwing off-timed jab straights, mixed in with solid leg kicks.

Vitor is a "planted" fighter and typically likes to see his opponent in one place in order to pin point his bombs.

If Silva uses his talent to the fullest, I can see him seriously outclassing Vitor. But I don't see that happening. I do in fact see Vitor catching Anderson, and that's good night irene.

Chael Sonnen beat Anderson to the punch a number of times in their fight, and he's a typically terrible standup striker............the inside hooks are Vitor's bread and butter. If Anderson gets careless like Machida did to Shogun, he's getting KTFO.

Oh, and the longer this fight goes, the more Silva will likely win. Vitor has shown a weak tank and lack of heart when his initial explosiveness is countered.

I'm calling Belfort, 1st round clean KO. KTFO KO. Silva fans gutted KO.

Actually' date=' now that I think about it. Planning out an elaborate heist is easier than training hard 6-8 weeks and getting into a cage 3 times a year.[/quote']

??? Maybe physically. Mentally though, the ability to do what they did takes WAY more balls than any MMA fighter getting into a cage............

Anderson will need to utilize his footwork to makes Belforts head spin' date=' and use his reach advantage throwing off-timed jab straights, mixed in with solid leg kicks.

Vitor is a "planted" fighter and typically likes to see his opponent in one place in order to pin point his bombs.

If Silva uses his talent to the fullest, I can see him seriously outclassing Vitor. But I don't see that happening. I do in fact see Vitor catching Anderson, and that's good night irene.

[b']Chael Sonnen beat Anderson to the punch a number of times in their fight, and he's a typically terrible standup striker............the inside hooks are Vitor's bread and butter. If Anderson gets careless like Machida did to Shogun, he's getting KTFO.[/b]

Oh, and the longer this fight goes, the more Silva will likely win. Vitor has shown a weak tank and lack of heart when his initial explosiveness is countered.

I'm calling Belfort, 1st round clean KO. KTFO KO. Silva fans gutted KO.

Keep in mind, Silva didn't take anything Sonnen did, seriously.

When Chael caught him early, Silva wasn't even thinking about being hit with anything, nevermind something with some stink on it! All he was thinking about, was the takedowns.

Against Vitor, he'll be 100% focused on the striking. I think this could end up looking like the Franklin fights.

??? Maybe physically. Mentally though' date=' the ability to do what they did takes WAY more balls than any MMA fighter getting into a cage............[/quote']

Could be true. I myself am more willing to fight than plan something out like that and going through with it. Then again...I'm not a criminal. I'm sure there are plenty or people out there who would rather methodically rob a bank than train that long and fight.

Could be true. I myself am more willing to fight than plan something out like that and going through with it. Then again...I'm not a criminal. I'm sure there are plenty or people out there who would rather methodically rob a bank than train that long and fight.

It's all about dreams and priorities eh? Some of us just roll to a different song of life......

Keep in mind' date=' Silva didn't take anything Sonnen did, seriously.

When Chael caught him early, Silva wasn't even thinking about being hit with anything, nevermind something with some stink on it! All he was thinking about, was the takedowns.

Against Vitor, he'll be 100% focused on the striking. I think this could end up looking like the Franklin fights.[/quote']

He should worry about Belfort and the ground. Belfort has a very solid ground game, and based off the Sonnen blueprint (which was actually started by Daiju), I could possibly see Vitor trying to lay down some real GnP............but my gut tells me he wants to knock Silva out, and this fight stays standing. This is in my opinion, Silva's first real MW test since Franklin and Hendo. I'm ****ing stoked for this fight that's for sure.

??? Maybe physically. Mentally though' date=' the ability to do what they did takes WAY more balls than any MMA fighter getting into a cage............[/quote']

Uhhh, using guns and machetes to strong arm rob an armored truck in a place where neither the security or the police even carry weapons is not that "tough" at all and takes about as much balls as my 9 yr old daughter can muster.

It was the easy and lazy way out for a scumbag who figured he didn't have to work for his living like everyone else.

It wasn't smart, or brave, or even very difficult, it was just stupid.

Uhhh' date=' using guns and machetes to strong arm rob an armored truck in a place where neither the security or the police even carry weapons is not that "tough" at all and takes about as much balls as my 9 yr old daughter can muster.

It was the easy and lazy way out for a scumbag who figured he didn't have to work for his living like everyone else.

It wasn't smart, or brave, or even very difficult, it was just stupid.[/quote']

Oh I'm not defending him in the slightest. I'm not talking about the tactics either. I'm talking about the fact that the risk/reward and possibility of spending the rest of your life in prison, realistically far outweighs the "balls" factor of getting into a cage and possibly getting knocked out.

He should worry about Belfort and the ground. Belfort has a very solid ground game' date=' and based off the Sonnen blueprint (which was actually started by Daiju), I could possibly see Vitor trying to lay down some real GnP............but my gut tells me he wants to knock Silva out, and this fight stays standing. This is in my opinion, Silva's first real MW test since Franklin and Hendo. I'm ****ing stoked for this fight that's for sure.[/quote']

IMO, Vitor isn't anywhere CLOSE to being a strong enough wrestler to get Silva to the ground.

This fight will stay on the feet until one person falls.

Can't wait.. gonna be EPIC!

Archived