Settling the Okami/Silva DQ arguement.

DKF

People claim, "Oh, it was DQ it doesn't count."

Fact is, nothing had really happened in that fight, Okami was winning IMO (it was Okami's td vs the couple strike's Silva had landed, could have been judged either way), and then Silva knocked his *** out with some upkicks to a downed opponent. Silva lost, and was losing that fight up to that point anyways. So, stop saying the loss doesn't count, because the last time I cecked, it does.

Okami was losing.

BTW. Was Silva going after Okami after the illegal kick?

The first statement is an opinion. I think the takedown vastly outweighs the strikes Silva had landed.

If the second statement is a remark on that Okami was knocked out, yes he was, but it was from an illegal kick.

IMO, Okami was losing the first fight. But he is a completely different fighter now compared to back then.

I want Silva to win his next fight but regardless, either match ups for Okami would be great. Personally, I think Okami has a better chance going against Belfort. Belfort has a below average gas tank and his only assets are his hands. If Okami presses forward and fights a similar fight like he did tonight, he should be able to win either by take downs or octagon control. All Okami needs to do is work his jabs and stay away from Vitor's power hand and shoot when appropriate.....

This tactic should win Okami the fight.

Against Silva will be a tougher match up. Silva has accurate punches and leg kicks. Furthermore, he has a pretty good guard and decent submissions. If Okami is to win this fight, he needs to do exactly what he did tonight which is relentlessly try to take Anderson down. Whether he gets the take downs or not, he should continue to do so and try to wear down the Spider. A stand up war with Anderson is not a good idea. Simply press the action and work the take downs and deliver some ground and pound. If Okami can do this and be weary of submissions and not get caught, he can definitely win this fight.

IMO' date=' Okami was losing the first fight. But he is a completely different fighter now compared to back then.

I want Silva to win his next fight but regardless, either match ups for Okami would be great. Personally, I think Okami has a better chance going against Belfort. Belfort has a below average gas tank and his only assets are his hands. If Okami presses forward and fights a similar fight like he did tonight, he should be able to win either by take downs or octagon control. All Okami needs to do is work his jabs and stay away from Vitor's power hand and shoot when appropriate.....

This tactic should win Okami the fight.

Against Silva will be a tougher match up. Silva has accurate punches and leg kicks. Furthermore, he has a pretty good guard and decent submissions. If Okami is to win this fight, he needs to do exactly what he did tonight which is relentlessly try to take Anderson down. Whether he gets the take downs or not, he should continue to do so and try to wear down the Spider. A stand up war with Anderson is not a good idea. Simply press the action and work the take downs and deliver some ground and pound. If Okami can do this and be weary of submissions and not get caught, he can definitely win this fight.[/quote']

I think he has an equal chance against both, he is definately been getting into Chael's stash or something lol, because he is 10x as big as he was a couple years ago.

People claim' date=' "Oh, it was DQ it doesn't count."

Fact is, nothing had really happened in that fight, Okami was winning IMO (it was Okami's td vs the couple strike's Silva had landed, could have been judged either way), and then Silva knocked his *** out with some upkicks to a downed opponent. Silva lost, and was losing that fight up to that point anyways. So, stop saying the loss doesn't count, because the last time I cecked, it does.[/quote']

wow man. I truely hope that no judge will ever see fights like you see them.

Okami was running terrified the whole fight his TD were getting stuffed without any trouble, Silva was totally dominating the stand up 100% Okami would barely even TRY to throw a punch. Not even talking about landing it. just throwing a punch seemed to be impossible to him he so desperatly wanted that TD and once he finaly got it, he was unable to do anything from Silva's guard.

You can argue that a loss is a loss. But what's the point. Yes, Silva lost. I'm sure he didn't get a win bonus and he has a loss in his record for that. But that's about it. Did this fight prove anything about Okami's skills? Cuz if you think that the outcome of that fight means that Okami is a better fighter than Silva, you're totaly dumb.

wow man. I truely hope that no judge will ever see fights like you see them.

Okami was running terrified the whole fight his TD were getting stuffed without any trouble' date=' Silva was totally dominating the stand up 100% Okami would barely even TRY to throw a punch. Not even talking about landing it. just throwing a punch seemed to be impossible to him he so desperatly wanted that TD and once he finaly got it, he was unable to do anything from Silva's guard.

You can argue that a loss is a loss. But what's the point. Yes, Silva lost. I'm sure he didn't get a win bonus and he has a loss in his record for that. But that's about it. Did this fight prove anything about Okami's skills? Cuz if you think that the outcome of that fight means that Okami is a better fighter than Silva, you're totaly dumb.[/quote']

I'm just using the same logic judges use nowadays.

Who do you think they would give the round to assuming Silva wouldn't have thrown that upkick and the last 2 minutes would have been Okami LnP'ing Silva ?

Exactly, and don't give me some ******** like ,"oh Silva was going to standup." He wasn't, Okami would have been able to keep Silva down.

I'm just using the same logic judges use nowadays.

Who do you think they would give the round to assuming Silva wouldn't have thrown that upkick and the last 2 minutes would have been Okami LnP'ing Silva ?

Exactly' date=' and don't give me some ******** like ,"oh Silva was going to standup." He wasn't, Okami would have been able to keep Silva down.[/quote']

lol are you ****ing kidding me. So you're arguing that Silva lost this first round because of what you speculate would have happened in the next minutes of the round? wow. You're amazingly stupid.

lol are you ****ing kidding me. So you're arguing that Silva lost this first round because of what you speculate would have happened in the next minutes of the round? wow. You're amazingly stupid.

Once again, No,

I'm stating that he lost the first round due to being taken down and controlled for 45 seconds or so.

Opposed to..

8 leg kicks and being the aggressor for 2 minutes

As we saw in Okami vs Munoz sprawling takedowns doesn't score points, it doesnt in any form of grappling I have ever competed in, you have to get to a dominant controlling position, not be on top of someone while they have your leg grabbed. Okami spent 10 minutes of the fight in the sprawl position on top of Munoz and barely edged out a razor close split decision.

Who cares about this stupid fight. It was a billion years ago. Shut up already.

People still bring it up, I've let it go, but people continue to mention it; so in an effort to lay the discussion to rest, I've made a thread about it bro.

u mad ?

Yes' date='

I do believe that a takedown and a solid 45 seconds of control landing from Silva's gaurd

is > than

8 leg kicks and 3 punches with 2 minutes of aggression[/quote']

Did Okami even land a shot? Honestly you've got to be ****ing kidding me...Silva was easily winning that fight...Okami got one TD and all of a sudden he's winning? DO SOME DAMAGE.

Once again' date=' No,

I'm stating that he lost the first round due to being taken down and controlled for [b']45 seconds or so.[/b]Opposed to..

8 leg kicks and being the aggressor for 2 minutes.

How does this make any sense at all? How does 45 seconds of top position control with ZERO offensive output outweigh 2+ minutes of standing octagon control combined with more effective offensive striking?

Remember this fight was in Japan where the judges actually knew how to score a fight for the most part.

If it were a UFC fight in Vegas with Cecil peeples judging, he may have been able to outscore Silva in that round.. MAYBE.

But in the real world of fighting, and to everyone watching without being blinded by Silva Hate, Silva was kicking his *** from pillar to post, even on the ground.

doesnt matter because okami will beat him fair and square after destroying marquart. silva might beat belfort but okami will hold the title regardless!

I wouldn't say Okami "destroyed" Marquardt. In fact' date=' I'd say Nate did more to lose this fight than Okami did to win it. Not exactly an impressive way to go into a title shot.

How does this make any sense at all? How does 45 seconds of top position control with ZERO offensive output outweigh 2+ minutes of standing octagon control combined with more effective offensive striking?

Remember this fight was in Japan where the judges actually knew how to score a fight for the most part.

If it were a UFC fight in Vegas with Cecil peeples judging, he may have been able to outscore Silva in that round.. MAYBE.

But in the real world of fighting, and to everyone watching without being blinded by Silva Hate, Silva was kicking his *** from pillar to post, even on the ground.

It was actually in Hawaii. Not sure who the judges were that night.

It sounds like the kid didn't actually see the fight, and then kinda pieced it together as the thread developed, and instead of throwing in the towel decided to back up his stupid argument with anything he could get ahold of, I.E. 1 takedown and 45 seconds of control is more impressive than several strikes and 2 minutes of aggression.

Archived