Ufc 125

Shuberling

I've just been looking at the card and i've been wondering, since Roy Nelson can't get an opponent, he's been taken off the main card. Now there's only 5 fights on the main card. Well there's 3 main card fights then 2 main eventers, yet there's 7 prelim fights.

Main event:

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard

Jose Aldo vs Josh Grispi

Main card:

Clay Guida vs Takanori Gomi

Chris Leben vs Brian Stann

Nate Diaz vs Dong Hyun Kim

Then comes 7 prelims.

Instead of having tonnes of fights that probaly won't be televised, why not move Thiago Silva vs Brandon Vera and Marcus Davis vs Jeremy Stephens to main card as well?

Also i'm not just saying this cause Thiago is one of my favourite fighters, but why isn't he on the main card anyway? Last i remember, he was the main event in his last fight.

I've just been looking at the card and i've been wondering' date=' since Roy Nelson can't get an opponent, he's been taken off the main card. Now there's only 5 fights on the main card. Well there's 3 main card fights then 2 main eventers, yet there's 7 prelim fights.

Main event:

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard

Jose Aldo vs Josh Grispi

Main card:

Clay Guida vs Takanori Gomi

Chris Leben vs Brian Stann

Nate Diaz vs Dong Hyun Kim

Then comes 7 prelims.

Instead of having tonnes of fights that probaly won't be televised, why not move Thiago Silva vs Brandon Vera and Marcus Davis vs Jeremy Stephens to main card as well?

Also i'm not just saying this cause Thiago is one of my favourite fighters, but why isn't he on the main card anyway? Last i remember, he was the main event in his last fight.[/quote']

They have a time slot for the PPV.

Having 7 fights on the PPV would run over their time limit.

For the main card and main events i don't see how really. Televised PPV events for the main card are 3 hours. I found out that if every main card fight goes the distance, they will add up to:

2x championship = 50 mins

3x main card fights = 45 mins

Do the math, that comes to 1 hour 35 mins. But including all the entrances and shizzle, i suppose you could add on another 50 - 60 mins, alot for an entrance, but when i recorded some old fights, the entrances came to like 10 mins each, so...

Anyways, 1 hour 35 mins + 50 mins = 2 hours 25 mins. And plus, the events on TV usually end early so they just show a couple of prelim fights, but my point is, at 2 hour 25 mins, they still have a spare 35 mins. They could easily fit at least 1 more fight in that time slot IMO. So why not?

ya but u have f'ing chris leben on the main card and all he did was beat akyama. thiago lost to 2 of the top 3 guys in the division and all of a sudden he's in the pre-lims this is ********!

Archived