Nate got screwed

otan

I don't know how you guys scored it I had Nate wining that fight. Rd1 is a draw at most , Rd2 clearly Nate and Rd 3 a Draw at best. You have to score take down over damage to give 1 to Okami and at the same time score Damage over Take down in rd3 to give that rd to Okami. So basically the judges scored for Okami no matter what.

29-28 okami.

did NOT see it being 30-27 for either fighter.

and the judges there were not scoring TD's as highly as they do in the states. I liked the scoring............... so marq wasnt able to steal the fight by getting a useless TD at the end of the round like team jackson had planned.

oh well.

it was a boring fight that only has a winner out of necessity....... neither fighter really won that fight.

29-28 okami.

and the judges there were not scoring TD's as highly as they do in the states. I liked the scoring............... so marq wasnt able to steal the fight by getting a useless TD at the end of the round like team jackson had planned.

oh well.

it was a boring fight that only has a winner out of necessity....... neither fighter really won that fight.

Which round did you give to Nate?

29-28 okami.

oh well.

Then how can you give rd 1 to Okami ? Nate had him for most of the rd till he went for the slam/choke and lost top position. Okami did nothing with the only take down he earned at he end. Where Okami was in serious trouble for 1/2 of that rd at least.

Then how can you give rd 1 to Okami ? Nate had him for most of the rd till he went for the slam/choke and lost top position. Okami did nothing with the only take down he earned at he end. Where Okami was in serious trouble for 1/2 of that rd at least.

Exactly.

Nate was threatening with subs.

Which round did you give to Nate?

either round 1 or round 2.

I had 1 round each with the third being a bit iffy.

it would not have surprised me if it went to marq, but a 30-27 score DOES surprise me.

1 judge scored it 30-27 for okami which is a bad call IMO,

if this fight happened in the states then guaranteed marq would have won.

in the states you can get pummeled for a full 3 minutes, then get a TD, lay on top for the rest of the round and win the round in points.

either round 1 or round 2.

I had 1 round each with the third being a bit iffy.

it would not have surprised me if it went to marq' date=' but a 30-27 score DOES surprise me.

1 judge scored it 30-27 for okami which is a bad call IMO,

if this fight happened in the states then guaranteed marq would have won.

in the states you can get pummeled for a full 3 minutes, then get a TD, lay on top for the rest of the round and win the round in points.[/quote']

This leads me to believe that you don't know how to score a fight.

How do you NOT know what round Marquardt won?

lol.

listen........ IF it was a good fight I would be all about rewatching it and scoring it myself and getting into a full on discussion/internet argument with you.

but the fact is that while watching it it was clearly an even fight..... and BORING as balls.........

so I am not going to rewatch it, I dont care if you think round 1 goes to whoever......... I saw 1 of the first 2 rounds (cant remember which one) going to marq and 1 to okami...... and 3rd was iffy.

anyone who thinks that was "robbery" is only saying so because they are fans and are unwilling to accept that it was a close fight that was boring and not worth the money I spent on it.....which was 0$.

lol.

listen........ IF it was a good fight I would be all about rewatching it and scoring it myself and getting into a full on discussion/internet argument with you.

but the fact is that while watching it it was clearly an even fight..... and BORING as balls.........

so I am not going to rewatch it' date=' I dont care if you think round 1 goes to whoever......... I saw 1 of the first 2 rounds (cant remember which one) going to marq and 1 to okami...... and 3rd was iffy.

anyone who thinks that was "robbery" is only saying so because they are fans and are unwilling to accept that it was a close fight that was boring and not worth the money I spent on it.....which was 0$.[/quote']

I know you're not addressing me here, but even though I had it 30-27 Marquardt, I don't believe he got 'robbed'.

It was a very close fight, that's for sure. I had a bad feeling that Nate was gonna lose, though. Okami was the more active fighter, and that's probably what won him the fight.

29-28 okami.

oh well.

what he said^^ had it 29-28 for okami also

Guest [Deleted User]

Didn't really care for this event but I had Okami winning 1 and 3 probably because of strikes Nate on the other hand Laaaaay and praaaay "let me secure my title shot"

meh, by the end of the fight, i didnt particular care who got the nod

neither of them looked especially great and they both pulled their signature "lack-luster and safe" performances that they always use when launched into title contention

Okami wont be winning the title with ease if at all if he keeps fighting like that, regardless of whether it is Belfort or Silva he faces

x

meh' date=' by the end of the fight, i didnt particular care who got the nod

neither of them looked especially great and they both pulled their signature "lack-luster and safe" performances that they always use when launched into title contention

Okami wont be winning the title with ease if at all if he keeps fighting like that, regardless of whether it is Belfort or Silva he faces

x[/quote']

Well you did say safe and Nate trains with Safe Pierre.....

There is your problem.

I had it 29-28 with Okami winning rounds 1 and 3 and Marquardt winning round 2.

i tend to agree with this ^^^ although a close fight nate didnt do enough in the 3rd round to steal the win,and also for the time it was on the feet omaki kept moving forward and nate kept moving back,nate was on the fence alot

I don't know how you guys scored it I had Nate wining that fight. Rd1 is a draw at most ' date=' Rd2 clearly Nate and Rd 3 a Draw at best. You have to score take down over damage to give 1 to Okami and at the same time score Damage over Take down in rd3 to give that rd to Okami. So basically the judges scored for Okami no matter what.[/quote']

doesn't matter nate doesn't deserve a title shot cause he greased his legs when he fought palhares

RD1

Nate got a TD, 3 sub attempts

Okami was on top of nate, Controled and pushed the standup and got a TD

(both got some punches in)

RD2

Nate got a TD, 2 good punches

Okami Controled nate in the clinch (except the TD nate got) + Controlled and pushed the standup

(Both got some punches in)

RD3

Nate got a TD that lasted 11 seconds

Okami controlled and pushed the standup

(both got some punches in)

Draw.

meh' date=' by the end of the fight, i didnt particular care who got the nod

x[/quote']

Agreed...they both were for suck and neither gave the impression the whole fight that a title contention was at stake. I had no problem with the decision, but man Dana can't feel good about either one of these fighters and I like Okami just as much as Nate but geesshhh.

I don't know what you are watching to say rd 1 was all Okami. Nate hurt Okami, took him down, controlled him on the ground had a freaking pile drive/coke attempt. I was surprised Okami didn't get knocked out from that to be honest. Nate lost top position because of that but he got up. At the end of the rd Okami got a take down and did nothing. I wouldn't count the Guillotine choke attempt by Nate as a take down by Okami since Nate basicly pulled guard. This leaves 1 take down each and Nate did a lot more with his take down. Okami was in trouble at least once in that rd and Nate was never in any danger. Like I said only way you can score rd1 for Okami is to count 2 td for him and score td more than damage. Then by that same standard you have to score rd 3 for Nate.

Archived