what was with the judging tonight

Uwillsubmit

now im not saying they got the winner of some fights wrong but the scoring of some fights was purely bad

sos v rejlic - scored 30-27 how ever sos clearly lost the first round

okami v marquart - one judge scored it 30-27 okami when nate clearly won round 2

ludwig v ospiczak - how one judge gave that 30-27 to nick was a joke he got lit up in round 3

there is clearly an massive issue with scoring of fights in MMA and it happenening to regulary for this to not be a concern and the ufc who is the leader of MMA should really step forwar and try to reslove these issues

This why the UFC should be more careful on going to other countries where the officials maybe uneducated on how to score MMA. It ends up making the UFC look bad. Even though there are a lot of fans that understand the the UFC has nothing to do with the judges. But it does hinder our experiences when the right fighter doesn't get the decision. But then again, don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

now im not saying they got the winner of some fights wrong but the scoring of some fights was purely bad

sos v rejlic - scored 30-27 how ever sos clearly lost the first round

okami v marquart - one judge scored it 30-27 okami when nate clearly won round 2

ludwig v ospiczak - how one judge gave that 30-27 to nick was a joke he got lit up in round 3

there is clearly an massive issue with scoring of fights in MMA and it happenening to regulary for this to not be a concern and the ufc who is the leader of MMA should really step forwar and try to reslove these issues

This sport was never supposed to have judges or decisions.

It isn;t suited for it.

This why the UFC should be more careful on going to other countries where the officials maybe uneducated on how to score MMA. It ends up making the UFC look bad. Even though there are a lot of fans that understand the the UFC has nothing to do with the judges. But it does hinder our experiences when the right fighter doesn't get the decision. But then again' date=' don't leave it in the hands of the judges.[/quote']

I thought the UFC flew these judges in from the US?

Nate got robbed.

Another Orgami do-nothing fight.

The dude has made a career out of doing nothing.

I wouldn't say he was robbed, the decision could have gone either way. I thought the first round could have gone to either guy, Nate won the 2nd and Okami won the 3rd. Based on who tried to finish the fight I would have definately given it to Nate, but that isn't how it's judged.

I have to agree though that Okami didn't do ****. I don't really enjoy watching him fight, I've never seen him really put any effort into trying to finish, he just counter jabs and goes for takedowns and does absolutely nothing with them.

I wouldn't say he was robbed' date=' the decision could have gone either way. I thought the first round could have gone to either guy, Nate won the 2nd and Okami won the 3rd. Based on who tried to finish the fight I would have definately given it to Nate, but that isn't how it's judged.

I have to agree though that Okami didn't do ****. I don't really enjoy watching him fight, I've never seen him really put any effort into trying to finish, he just counter jabs and goes for takedowns and does absolutely nothing with them.[/quote']

Im glad Nate lost.

Slimey greaser.

The judging was horrible tonight. Specially the Ludwig ospiczapk or however you spell it. ya the right guy got the win but there is no way in hell it was 30-27. Did the judges even watch the fight? at all?

And imo, Nate won 29-28. Judging a fight is based on Striking, Grappling, Octogon control and aggression in each round.

Striking is based on effective strikes landed. I'd give that to Nate. He landed a few less but he landed more big shots and had Okami rocked a few times.

Grappling includes takedowns and or stuffing them. Nate got more takedowns and stuffed more take downs so he wins the grappling part.

That leaves aggression and octagon control. Which both go to Okami no question. Nate was a moron for letting Okami take center ring the whole fight. Now that leaves it 2 to 2 (strike and grapple vs octogon control and aggression)..which is a tie.. However, Striking and Grappling have always counted for more then the other two. And the aggression and control thing usually only come into play if the striking and grappling are to close to call.

I don't get how judges gave Okami 2 rounds based solely on octagon control. A casual stupid fan ya he might just see one guy "stalking" the other and does pay attention to shots landed or grappeling or takedowns stuffed etc. But a judge should understand the judging criteria better then that.

Archived