Jorge Rivera vs Micheal Bisping Confirmed for Australia

LesforPrez

I dont know why jorge rivera would make up the fact that he has a fight coming up. Also it seems like alot of you guys dont even know who jorge is! Did someone reallly say that they just GOOGLED jorge?! Where have u been!? Jorge just recently broke nate quarrys face in half (literally) and in my opinion has a great chance to upset bisping, this fight has fireworks all over it.

Just looked on wiki' date=' this ufc 127 is penciled in for feb 27th 2011, so the timing would be good for bisping to start training on Monday he'll have a 12 week camp, a pain travelling all that way again but his mrs is an Aussie so makes sense for him to be fighting there again![/quote']

I cant wait !!!

BUT sometimes wiki do get it wrong.

Risky fight for Bisping. He's up against a smaller name but someone who's just as dangerous as anyone he's faced. If he wins the fight then he doesn't gain much but if he loses then he'll fall right down the division.

I agree.

Just because Jorge isn't a big name doesn't mean he doesn't have the tools to disappoint Bisping. If anything, Bisping matches up well with Jorge. Jorge has the speed and explosive power to put Bisping away.

Bisping will need A LOT of footwork and head movement to pull off the W against Jorge.

I agree.

Just because Jorge isn't a big name doesn't mean he doesn't have the tools to disappoint Bisping. If anything' date=' Bisping matches up well with Jorge. Jorge has the speed and explosive power to put Bisping away.

Bisping will need A LOT of footwork and head movement to pull off the W against Jorge.[/quote']

Think he might look to go back to his wrestling to win this fight. Bisping's wrestling isn't too bad and while it's far from the best in the division, I think he can get Jorge to the ground and win the fight from there, whether it be by decision or TKO.

Striking with Jorge Rivera would be a very risky plan for Bisping. He's got great technique, but he doesn't have the power to knock him out and with his chin, it may only take one big shot from Jorge to shut out his lights.

Think he might look to go back to his wrestling to win this fight. Bisping's wrestling isn't too bad and while it's far from the best in the division' date=' I think he can get Jorge to the ground and win the fight from there, whether it be by decision or TKO.

Striking with Jorge Rivera would be a very risky plan for Bisping. He's got great technique, but he doesn't have the power to knock him out and with his chin, it may only take one big shot from Jorge to shut out his lights.[/quote']

That would be the best plan to get a victory over Rivera.

Lose-Lose fight for Bisping, Jorge is a good striker with power but not realy ranked very high, if he wins people will say Jorge is a can.

I have Bisping via UD, but i think he might get a TKO by his GnP. However Rivera could get the KO, but Bisping is more technically sound and i think a better fighter.

Lose-Lose fight for Bisping' date=' Jorge is a good striker with power but not realy ranked very high, if he wins people will say Jorge is a can.

I have Bisping via UD, but i think he might get a TKO by his GnP. However Rivera could get the KO, but Bisping is more technically sound and i think a better fighter.[/quote']

This. Every time Bisping fights, his opponent is hyped up by the haters pre-fight, and then branded as a can post-fight if Bisping wins. Bisping obviously believes he's ready for a title shot and that's fair enough, but if he wants to convince the haters that he's worthy then he needs to be fighting big name guys that aren't gonna be branded as bums if he defeats them.

This is a good solid match-up for both fighters IMO. I'm on the fence as to who will win, but it should be a good'un!

I'm glad the UFC haven't tried to give Bisping a lame no.1 contender fight, and are allowing him to work his way up like the rest of the div. Jorge looked good in his last fight (Quarry?) so I expect FOTN.

rivera is a can there padding bisping's record again until he gets ktfo again

Padding his record, or just giving him a fight with someone who is on his level?

So if they give him someone further up the div I guess that would suit you? Or would you say he is overrated?

Haters gonna hate........

Bisping coming back I can understand. He's British. I guess from a marketing stand point, that's almost Australian enough. At least in the eyes of an American company. Which is funny, cause that alone will get him booed out of the arena. When you add in the fact that it's Bisping, well, that's when you get an arena chanting "Bisping's a wanker!!"

I'm proud to say I was a part of that.

In fact, Wandy stated that he felt like he was fighting in front of a home crowd. You see? The Brazilian feels like he is at home. In Sydney, Australia. Shows how much the crowd rallies against Bisping, and in regards to Australia, the British in general.

Why is it that I'm dreading that this will be the main event in Sydney?

Just googled him' date=' omg he's a grandad! Bisping will absolutely run through him, 7 losses one to 'Lee murrey! Comon guys get a grip![/quote']

you talk about Lee Murray as though he was a bum lol... he was a sick fighter (to bad he's... you know) :P

This will be a great fight.

Most of the american fans hate on Bisping but he is a very exciting fighter. Yee have to give him credit for that.

Rivera looked really good against Quarry but I think Bisping is on a level above him. I think he will outsrike Rivera and also use takedowns to get the win.

I'm hoping that he can get the stoppage. Up until the Leben fight nearly all of his fights were by tko but hes struggled to finish recently with the step up in competition. I think he might finish Rivera with ground and pound.

Archived