Jose Aldo vs Manny Pacquiao - K1 - Rules

Shady_Champ

Im pretty sure Manny has some kickboxing experience. Not that he'd be able to deal with Aldo's masterful kicks but you can't just say Aldo would just run right over him.

For sure it would come down to if Aldo can control the distance and punish him with kicks before Manny can hurt him with the hands.

It would be a good competitive fight I think. Don't really know who would win but I'd give a slight edge to Aldo.

Aldo, because kickboxing is as different as boxing is to mma. Completely different sport. Aldo simply because he works kicks in training every day and is more complete.

Now Aldo vs Pacman in a boxing match ends in under 3 rounds by KO.

Manny will keep Jose up close and pummel him to death. Like seriously anyone watched Manny fight? He stays in the pocket where he can throw bombs. This will stop almost all of Jose's kicking game.

A dude like Manny won't learn to throw kicks, but learning how to check kicks is much easier. Lets see if Jose can learn how to be the p4p GOAT of boxing.

This isn't even fair for Jose, Manny would make him the dead ugly duckling.

Manny will keep Jose up close and pummel him to death. Like seriously anyone watched Manny fight? He stays in the pocket where he can throw bombs. This will stop almost all of Jose's kicking game.

A dude like Manny won't learn to throw kicks' date=' but learning how to check kicks is much easier. Lets see if Jose can learn how to be the p4p GOAT of boxing.

This isn't even fair for Jose, Manny would make him the dead ugly duckling.[/quote']

true.

1) pacman is a kick boxer who entered boxing.

2) aldo is a good fighter when he is fighting WEC no paycheck chumps.

manny gets paid in excess of 10 million dollars every time he walks into the ring.

he made 20 million on one of his last fights.

now if we were talking MMA rules, then I would have to give pac a couple years to PERFECT his TDD.

but K1 rules?

****ing forget about it.

aldo VS pacman, K1 rules = aldo VS grizzly bear, nature rules = aldo VS forklift, lifting rules = aldo VS 40,000 foot fall, gravity rules.

no ****ing problem.

Aldo' date=' because kickboxing is as different as boxing is to mma. Completely different sport. Aldo simply because he works kicks in training every day and is more complete.

[b']Now Aldo vs Pacman in a boxing match ends in under 3 rounds by KO.[/b]

exactly... same could be said about Mario Andretti vs Dale Earnhardt. can't switch cars and predict who'll win.

Formula 1 is to Nascar, like MMA is to Kickboxing

so I'm not voting.

and the minority of posters actually accept the fact that manny has a kick boxing background.

"what forum is this? an MMA forum? okay, then I will vote for the MMA guy."

or.

"boxing is for ****! dana tells me what to think. aldo?whos he? he a strike force ***? no? OH! .... he is in the WEC which dana tells me I am aloud to like.....great.....aldo FTW!.... I dont even need to have ever SEEN pacman fight OR seen a K1 fight to know how this will turn out........ dana hasnt lied to me yet."

lol at everyone who thinks aldo beats pacquao in K1 rules.

shows the lack of fight fans on this site.

then again..... it IS the UFC web site.......... I guess the biased is to be expected.

If they were both kick boxers Aldo would not even be near manny in rankings. If they fought tomorrow in k1 rules manny would tear aldo apart.

This fight is not even remotely even. I know it is hard (for ufc junkies) but actually watch a Pacman fight. Manny moves about 100% faster then Aldo and stays in the pocket. Aldo will not land any kicks and manny will decisively KO him in the first or second round.

An MMA fighter will beat a boxer of the same approximate skill level in their own sport aboit 95% of the time, because the MMA fighter has a more varied, adaptive and aggressive skill set.

The boxer will have a marked advantage in conventional standup, but will be neglectful of kicks, takedowns and be completely screwed once the fight hits the mat.

IN a straight boxing match, it's Manny by KO, 1st round, but the knowledge that Jose will try kicks and even takedowns will force Manny to be less aggressive, to keep his hands lower.

I see the match going with LOTS of leg kicks restructing Manny's movwement and a combination of the low kicks and a few feinted takedown attempts compelling Pacquiao to drop his hands lower and lower - the Jose mixes it up with a high kick, which if it lands is either a KO or takes the fight to the mat, resulting in Jose jumping in Manny (which he wouldnt be used to) and scoring a TKO or submission.

It'd be more competitive than Couture-Toney, but not by much...

EDIT: Oh, K-1 rules and given that Manny has a kickboxing background..... could go either way.

Who wins? And why?

THIS ONES EASY...ALDO DESTROYS MAnny at K! rules because if manny made it out of the first round...he would do so MINUS one or maybe two legs...Aldo would leg kick him so hard he would lose most of his speed and power after one round...now boxing rules...obviously paquio destroys him

Who wins? And why?

I don't see how you can even think this isn't a given.

Manny would beat Aldo in K-1......easily more than likely.

Aldo is great and one of my favorite fighters (just look at my AV) but this would end badly for him IMO.

Manny is amazing. Probably the best boxer in 15-20 years. He is a PURE striker with KO power in both hands. His footwork and cardio are top notch and he is very aggerssive.

Aldo is a great striker......for MMA. There is a huge gap between the worlds of MMA and K-1/Boxing when it comes to striking. In the MMA world, you train all aspect of fighting to become soild in all areas. K-1 and Boxing is pure striking. You can't expect a striker from MMA, even one as good as Aldo, to compete on the level of guys who have been strikers their entire lives. Most boxers and K-1 fighters have been doing it since they were 5 or 6 years old.

The fact here is that the odds will always favor Manny in that world, just like Aldo would be the heavy favorite in MMA.

You wouldn't expect a solid BJJ guy in MMA, say maybe G-Sot or GSP, to go win a pure grappling tourney right? They would get destroyed in a ADCC or Mundials setting.

I think a much better comparison would be a Buakaw vs. Pacman matchup. Buakaw is also a pure striker and could easily compete with Manny in that setting. In fact, I would pick him to win.

He has all the same striking tools as Aldo, just to a much higher level than Aldo. He faces much better strikers than Aldo has to in MMA as well.

If you have watched Manny fight before you should realize he is never standing still always circling and moving in and out with his incredible hand speed, I dont see Aldo being able to catch up. Kicks or not Aldo's hands arent really that good especially compared to Manny

this is such a stupid thread. its like asking who win a bear or a shark underwater. the bear will get raped but in its own element man does it rape.

for those who dont understand manny is the bear and aldo is the shark

I hope your saying the bear is Aldo, against a pure striker he will get raped

Pacquiao is first and foremost a stand-up boxer trained to focus on above the groin (strike wise). The first few shin kicks by Aldo would chop this guy down. Even without submissions, history of MMA v Boxing will repeat. Jose's only downside would be the penalties for the instinctive submissions, back attacks and clinch boxing.

^^ no. i dont think you understand how much those kicks hurt. 3 kicks and manny wont be able to use his footwork to its most and thus his boxing will suffer. if aldo can survive 1 minute' date=' its all downhill from there for pacman[/b']

Big if, and I do realize how much those kicks hurt but Manny wont be stupid enough to stand infront of Aldo and let him kick away, Manny will dance circles around Aldo.

Mann hasn't always been a boxer. He started of in mauy thai kick boxing I believe. 1 ten week training camp and manny will be kicking and checking kicks again.

Manny can learn how to kick again easily. Can Aldo learn how to be the p4p goat in boxing?

No his standup is good but who has he fought to prove its worth?

Urijah Faber- A core wrestler

Manny Gamburyon- Thats laughable he has no stand up

Brookins- the guy is on Tuf how is that even legible?

i've got manny. i was actually expecting this poll to be a little more bias. i guess some people have common sense on this site. could've fooled me.

when I voted manny I was vote 5 and aldo was already up near 20.

and since manny has an amateur kick boxing back ground and apparantly trains with kick boxers AND is the P4P king of all fight sports I would definitely be betting on pacman.

Mann hasn't always been a boxer. He started of in mauy thai kick boxing I believe. 1 ten week training camp and manny will be kicking and checking kicks again.

Manny can learn how to kick again easily. Can Aldo learn how to be the p4p goat in boxing?

this....and no.

were talking about right here right now. a fight to see who would win presently. sending them to a training camp would defeat the purpose. maybe a week to get in fight mode but thats it.

also, you dont become the goat boxer in 10 weeks, but you dont learn how to check kicks from jose aldo in 10 weeks either. im sorry

ive been doing mt for 6 months and im 160 lbs and the idea of trying to block a jose aldo kick petrifies me

were talking about right here right now. a fight to see who would win presently. sending them to a training camp would defeat the purpose. maybe a week to get in fight mode but thats it.

also' date=' you dont become the goat boxer in 10 weeks, but you dont learn how to check kicks from jose aldo in 10 weeks either. im sorry

ive been doing mt for 6 months and im 160 lbs and the idea of trying to block a jose aldo kick petrifies me[/quote']

and you and your 6 months of drinking mai-thai's is comparable to the fighting history of boxings P4P GOAT with his years of kick boxing experience BEFORE his boxing carreer and his current training team which includes kick boxers HOW?!

of course you are afraid of a jose aldo kick..... you are some guy on the ****ing internet with 6 months in a local gym being taught kick boxing by a white guy with a moustache.

seriously....... how the **** are you even trying to bring your "I got a coupon for 6 months of free kick boxing training at the rec center" into a conversation about the greatest boxer EASILY in the past decade?

AND ignoring the fact that by the time manny was 14 he had more kick boxing experience then you.

jesus murphy guys........... its about to get a WHOLE LOTTA STUPID UP IN HERE!

The real question to this thread is will Pacquiao be able to check the kicks?

If it's a yes, then I would have to give Pac the nod. I'm not too big a fan of boxing (too many promotions and fighters to pay attention to while trying to keep up with MMA) but I have heard his accomplishments and understand that he is a truely great boxer. And as someone stated earlier, the difference in striking between K-1/boxing and MMA is immense simply because the average MMA fighter has too much to focus on to become a high level striker that we see in boxing and K-1. As much as I love Aldo, if Pac can successfully check the leg kicks, unless Aldo is able to adapt a Machida-like style(that may or may not be of any use whatsoever), Pac would win.

However, if Pac is unable to check the kicks, I'd expect something similar to the Faber fight where Aldo keeps the risks to a minimum and just kicks the hell out of Pac's legs.

Would definatly be an interesting matchup in K-1 rules. Will probably never happen, but a little open-minded discussion never hurt anyone...I think.

Hmmm... in this particular format, not having the kicking experience would really hurt Manny.

On the other hand, even without the kickboxing experience, I think Manny would have a fair chance of overwhelming Aldo with a barrage of punches, leaving him little to no chance to unload many kicks.

Manny has a different tool bag than, say, a 40-year-old James Toney. His praying mantis quickness and unassailable cardio would quite possibly see him through. I don't think it would be a plodding affair where Aldo would have a chance to break him down with leg kicks.

I mean, forced to put my money down, how can you bet against the guy with the applicable experience? But in a gentleman's bet, I would go with Manny.

Archived