Another Lame UFC Event - Thank God For Pacman And K-1

darkthrone99

Yet another completely pointless UFC event with dull fights and no atmosphere. If Dana wants to try and expand into Europe then he must be crying all over his doughnuts today cos that shi*t was pretty bad. May even be as bad as 119 and that was truly awful.

The K-1 finals next month are exciting me so much more than any crappy UFC event coming up soon. They can hype up rampage vs machida as much as they like but machida is gonna dance away for 3 rounds and rampage won't get near him and lose a UD. They can also try selling me GSP vs KOS but we all know that the only people who should be watching that are insomniacs looking for a cure.

Gotta say though I'm glad Dana had a rant about Greg Jackson's camp for their sport ruining tactics of fighting not to lose rather than fighting to win. Dana realises that those sort of fights are in with a good chance of destroying the organisation's expansion plans. You can also tell he's stumped about having to sell Silva (he'll beat belfort easy) vs okami next year. Is anyone honestly bothered about watching another silva mis match fight where he'll spend 2 rounds dancing around waiting for okami to come in or just dance for the whole 5.

Thankfully we've got Pacquiao to offer some decent entertainment on a saturday night instead of the usual UFC hype train sh*t.

Yet another completely pointless UFC event with dull fights and no atmosphere. If Dana wants to try and expand into Europe then he must be crying all over his doughnuts today cos that shi*t was pretty bad. May even be as bad as 119 and that was truly awful.

The K-1 finals next month are exciting me so much more than any crappy UFC event coming up soon. They can hype up rampage vs machida as much as they like but machida is gonna dance away for 3 rounds and rampage won't get near him and lose a UD. They can also try selling me GSP vs KOS but we all know that the only people who should be watching that are insomniacs looking for a cure.

Gotta say though I'm glad Dana had a rant about Greg Jackson's camp for their sport ruining tactics of fighting not to lose rather than fighting to win. Dana realises that those sort of fights are in with a good chance of destroying the organisation's expansion plans. You can also tell he's stumped about having to sell Silva (he'll beat belfort easy) vs okami next year. Is anyone honestly bothered about watching another silva mis match fight where he'll spend 2 rounds dancing around waiting for okami to come in or just dance for the whole 5.

Thankfully we've got Pacquiao to offer some decent entertainment on a saturday night instead of the usual UFC hype train sh*t.

Ok, so you're saying:

1. Dana is a ****** cause he gave you UFC 122 (which you didn't like)

2. Dana is a great individual cause he said something, that once you twist it enough, might fit your dark existance.

3. **** MMA, we got boxing.

hmm... alrighty then... I guess...

The UFC event was pretty mediocre..WEC last thursday was way more entertaining also..The event was okay..But Boxing triumpth it..Or maybe Pacman was just too entertaining? Nevertheless...WEC events usually offer the more exciting fights..

I like MMA more than Boxing' date=' but TBH i would rather watch Manny fight than the UFC 122 main event.

Honestly i don't know why so many people who like MMA seem to dislike boxing.

Also what i find annoying is when people say "Go watch K1 or boxing", like its a bad thing lol![/quote']

GO WATCH K1 OR BOXING THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

J/K

But really, that comment shouldn't imply that it's a bad thing. It is normally thrown at someone who just cannot understand why a fight would go to the ground, and always wants the fight standing. So, basically, he would get a recommendation to watch something more to his liking ;)

I feel I am the very few TRUE mma fans. It seems like all people want to see are the knockouts or submissions finish quick in the first round. On top of all of this, I feel like the majority of people who also watch it are people who go to the bar and are drunk, or order it at home with beer. When I go to to the bar and grill, I look at everyone in the place and there just talking to their buddies until the main event.

why do you not have anything positive to say?

exactly this PPV was FREE! no one understand that lol. a free card will obviously be less enticing then a regular PPV. go pay 50 to watch pacquiao and ill save my money and still watch some pretty good fights. Happy to see Denis Siver win in his home. I thought Winner would have it easily but Siver developed a ground game. nice job

I feel I am the very few TRUE mma fans. It seems like all people want to see are the knockouts or submissions finish quick in the first round. On top of all of this' date=' I feel like the majority of people who also watch it are people who go to the bar and are drunk, or order it at home with beer. When I go to to the bar and grill, I look at everyone in the place and there just talking to their buddies until the main event.[/quote']

exactly there alot of fairweather fans when it comes to this stuff. If they watched siver-winner etc they would have enjoyed themselves.

exactly this PPV was FREE! no one understand that lol. a free card will obviously be less enticing then a regular PPV. go pay 50 to watch pacquiao and ill save my money and still watch some pretty good fights. Happy to see Denis Siver win in his home. I thought Winner would have it easily but Siver developed a ground game. nice job

Anyone willing to say that was NOT a fantastic fight is invited to hand back his account... :) What a strong display by Siver!

GO WATCH K1 OR BOXING THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

J/K

But really' date=' that comment shouldn't imply that it's a bad thing. It is normally thrown at someone who just cannot understand why a fight would go to the ground, and always wants the fight standing. So, basically, he would get a recommendation to watch something more to his liking ;)[/quote']

I know lol, but some say it sort of like an insult.

BTW UFC 122 was not a bad card at all IMO, not the most exciting but not bad. One thing i did find great was the absolute monster that Vemola is at LHW lol. Also again Amir proved that his striking is a step above most people and i am glad that Okami won :). Only real complaint i have is that i though Slick vs Bang should have been a draw.

I know lol' date=' but some say it sort of like an insult.

BTW UFC 122 was not a bad card at all IMO, not the most exciting but not bad. One thing i did find great was the absolute monster that Vemola is at LHW lol. Also again Amir proved that his striking is a step above most people and i am glad that Okami won :). Only real complaint i have is that i though Slick vs Bang should have been a draw.[/quote']

I agree with all of the above :)

Add Siver/Winner fight, which was great, and you have a pretty solid Free-Per-View right there.

Why are people complaining about this event? The main event wasn't the best, but the card overall was a good card. There were plenty of entertaining fights plus it was a FREE event.

And to compare the main event to a boxing main event with Pacquiao in it? That's just unfair. Nate and Okami are good fighters, but they aren't the UFC/MMA's biggest draws. Pacquiao is arguably the biggest draw and most entertaining boxer at the moment.

This event was awesome except for the huge disappointment in the main event. Siver vs Winner was very entertaining with an awesome finish. Amir looked great. Soszynski vs Reljic was pretty entertaining, same with Ludwig vs Osipczak. Plus we got to see Vemola with a huge finish. I mean honestly, if you didn't like this event, MMA just isn't your thing I guess. You should probably leave the forums forever since thats the case.

I feel I am the very few TRUE mma fans. It seems like all people want to see are the knockouts or submissions finish quick in the first round. On top of all of this' date=' I feel like the majority of people who also watch it are people who go to the bar and are drunk, or order it at home with beer. When I go to to the bar and grill, I look at everyone in the place and there just talking to their buddies until the main event.[/quote']

you are not a very good spokesman for those very few true mma fans.

dude your embaressing yourself stop making threads.

What can people not enjoy from a FREE event?

Whether the event is free or not isn't really the issue, if it's a bad event then it just looks bad for the UFC in general and Dana is kidding himself if he thinks the sport is expanding as much as he says it is. It's definitely still a niche sport in the UK and europe and in all honesty it['s not getting bigger whatsoever. You gotta remember that the UK and Germany both have populations over 60 million so selling out a 12,000 seater arena isn't really that difficult in a big city.

Hey darkthrone,

You should try getting out into the light more often. There was nothing wrong with the card last night. No one, absolutely no one, can assure that any matchup will fulfill expectations. If you dislike the UFC so much you should stay away.

I personally am grateful to the UFC for keeping up with it's word about continuing to offer free events.

Hey darkthrone' date='

You should try getting out into the light more often. There was nothing wrong with the card last night. No one, absolutely no one, can assure that any matchup will fulfill expectations. If you dislike the UFC so much you should stay away.

I personally am grateful to the UFC for keeping up with it's word about continuing to offer free events.[/quote']

I'm tired of hearing about being FREE cos it isn't in the UK and Europe because you have to have subscribed first to sky or cable, and then you have to pay for espn to get the ufc events so it is definitely not free. Dana likes to throw these words around cos he understands that no one in america will realise any different and think that the show is indeed free all over the world. I assure that it isn't.

Shut your mouth. You must be new to the sport and think that every ppv is gonna be on par with 116. You would die of boredom if you saw some of the early ufcs if you thought 122 was such a boring card. Just go buy a greatest knockouts dvd and watch that on Saturday nights to pretend youre a fan.

The reason I'm so fed up with the UFC lately is because I've been watching mma for 12 years and can definitely say that some of the events this year have been amongst the worst i've ever seen and that the sport is evolving into nothing more than an athletic event with a dumb scoring system. I remember getting excited about events but now I just no that they're gonna be overhyped and lacklustre.

You sound like a typical dumb fan who's been brainwashed over the last few years into believing all this 'technical octagon control' BS you keep hearing from people trying to justify a sporting organisation that's getting duller by the month and a sport that will go into decline sooner rather than later.

You're welcome to watch you're 'chess match octagon control' championships but I'm under the impression that pro fighters are out there to fight and take each other out, not just wait around for one big punch or just be happy to grind out a decision. GTFO moron.

The reason I'm so fed up with the UFC lately is because I've been watching mma for 12 years and can definitely say that some of the events this year have been amongst the worst i've ever seen and that the sport is evolving into nothing more than an athletic event with a dumb scoring system. I remember getting excited about events but now I just no that they're gonna be overhyped and lacklustre.

You sound like a typical dumb fan who's been brainwashed over the last few years into believing all this 'technical octagon control' BS you keep hearing from people trying to justify a sporting organisation that's getting duller by the month and a sport that will go into decline sooner rather than later.

You're welcome to watch you're 'chess match octagon control' championships but I'm under the impression that pro fighters are out there to fight and take each other out' date=' not just wait around for one big punch or just be happy to grind out a decision. GTFO moron.[/quote']

Oh no you caught me im interested in watching a battle of strategy in a fight, I know Im such a terrible person. Truth is, if you want to watch a more brutal fight, go watch dream, its an event I dont miss because I appreciate the style of fighting. But I also appreciate watching 2 guys in the ufc wrestle it out, or try to outstrategize eachother, because that makes it more of a competition. If you dont like watching people compete and just wanna see street fights watch street fights, not an official sport.

Whether the event is free or not isn't really the issue' date=' if it's a bad event then it just looks bad for the UFC in general and Dana is kidding himself if he thinks the sport is expanding as much as he says it is. It's definitely still a niche sport in the UK and europe and in all honesty it['s not getting bigger whatsoever. You gotta remember that the UK and Germany both have populations over 60 million so selling out a 12,000 seater arena isn't really that difficult in a big city.[/quote']

You can always change the channel.

1) dont agree with the silva rant........... I find a dancing silva who chases his opponent while playing air guitar 100% more entertaining then forrest/bonnar 3.

2) dana ranted about greg "4:00 take down" jackson?!

I would love to get a link for that.

3) I had high hopes for rampage machida.... but your walkthrough actually seems pretty reasonable.

Stop complaining' date=' UFC 122 was not that bad.[/quote']

no....sorry, but this statement is entirely false.

if it wasnt for siver, then the best fight of the night would have been the one that was cancelled.

and for OP........ next month is the final 8 HW in K1' date=' but next friday is the final 4 K1 max (70kg)...... another good one to watch for (on HDnet at 10pm pacific time)[/quote']

Ye I can't wait for it. Guys trying to put each other in hospital instead of 'controlling' each other like these UFC clowns. Bring on K-1 finals over GSP vs Kos any ****ing day...

Ye I can't wait for it. Guys trying to put each other in hospital instead of 'controlling' each other like these UFC clowns. Bring on K-1 finals over GSP vs Kos any ****ing day...

Blood thirsty teens make me sad...

And by the way, If you're so sick of these "UFC clowns" don't ****ing watch.

Blood thirsty teens make me sad...

And by the way' date=' If you're so sick of these "UFC clowns" don't ****ing watch.[/quote']

Blood thirsty I am, but a teen I am not. Grow a ****ing pair and just admit to disliking all the BS matches the UFC has been putting on lately. And we all know what the next total BS match is gonna be - your favourite little bum boy getting sexy against kos's leg for 25 minutes. Some ****ing fighter

Blood thirsty I am' date=' but a teen I am not. Grow a ****ing pair and just admit to disliking all the BS matches the UFC has been putting on lately. And we all know what the next total BS match is gonna be - your favourite little bum boy getting sexy against kos's leg for 25 minutes. Some ****ing fighter[/quote']

I actually see GSP finishing krotchcheck.

GSP knows that he is a boring fighter, he has said a number of times that he is disappointed that he hasent been finishing fights, and krotchchick was such a Dbag in montreal (he cursed the penguins with his **** talk) AND he has been nothing but a slimeball for the TUF season.... so I think GSP will be comming in to that fight mildly pissed and ready to kill.

I actually see GSP finishing krotchcheck.

GSP knows that he is a boring fighter' date=' he has said a number of times that he is disappointed that he hasent been finishing fights, and krotchchick was such a Dbag in montreal (he cursed the penguins with his **** talk) AND he has been nothing but a slimeball for the TUF season.... so I think GSP will be comming in to that fight mildly pissed and ready to kill.[/quote']

GSP finishes protein shakes, not fights. This one will be no different.

I like MMA more than Boxing' date=' but TBH i would rather watch Manny fight than the UFC 122 main event.

Honestly i don't know why so many people who like MMA seem to dislike boxing.

Also what i find annoying is when people say "Go watch K1 or boxing", like its a bad thing lol![/quote']

+1

First, for every bad UFC card there are a dozen bad boxing cards. Second, if Dana has a problem with the way fights are going CHANGE the rules! It's easy!! Third, you complain about having to watch Silva/Okami but don't have a problem with Manny totally outclassing all his opponents?

nobody is forcing you to watch.admittedly i watched the pacquiao fight because i didn't like the fight card,though i watched the replay of ufc 122.its a totally different sport,its just a matter of what type of fan watching the fight.

You do realize' date=' GSP has a better finish rate in MMA than Semmy, arguably the most dominant HW in current K1.[/quote']

bro semmy has a 93% finish rate 14 kos 10 sumissions ,

and its harder to finish a k1 fight then a mma fight so dont even try to compare that.

in total kickboxing and mma semmy has a 66% finish rate which is bette then GSPs 65%

Archived