Did anyone notice

KingZerxst

but he did beat Silva yes?

yeah' date=' but that's not the point i'm making. i think i might have misheard it, because people are posting back saying that they did announce it was by DQ, in which case:

[img']http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnimages.com/shared/sps/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_14/sp_1411_clip07.jpg?width=480[/img]

I'm sorry...

According to Okami and Silva's records' date=' Okami got the win.

Leaves out the details, but a win is a win, right? The only thing it means is a W on one's record.[/quote']

yeah and Montell Griffin "beat" Joy Jones,

even though Okami got KOd he got the win, things like that and the jone hamill fight should just be no contests

According to Okami and Silva's records' date=' Okami got the win.

Leaves out the details, but a win is a win, right? The only thing it means is a W on one's record.[/quote']

I think that's the issue- what does a "W" actually mean. It seems to have more than one meaning.

When Goldie said Okami is the last guy to beat Silva it's misleading- b/c it implies that Okami actually beat Silva in a fight (which is the most common meaning) when he didn't. Okami got beat, but Silva got DQed... so Silva got beat. It means something different here.

yeah and Montell Griffin "beat" Joy Jones' date='

even though Okami got KOd he got the win, things like that and the jone hamill fight should just be no contests[/quote']

I agree with the no contest idea.

But even though it says that Okami beat Silva, we know that Silva really won. Just like Jones really won against Hamill. And that first L on Fedor's record didn't really count (the second one totally did, though).

ok dumb dumb a DQ is registered as a lose

relax. it's not that black and white- that's all i'm saying.

a "loss," "getting beat," etc usually mean actually losing/getting beat in a fight- not actually winning a fight but getting DQed. there is a huge difference. same word, two vastly different meanings.

so Silva both did and did not "get beat." depends how you're using the word.

you see theres the problem right there you are using the wrong termanology

Anderson "hammered" "murdered" "destroyed" Okami

he did not beat him

You have to remember the context of when your using the word for example I was playing footbal the other day and my team beat the other team so badly <====== sport context refering to a winner and a loser

I was at home the other ight and I beat the hell out of my kid <======= social context where there is no winner or loser

I have an idea, let's all complain about how the UFC is going to market a fight.....

Haven't you all had enough of that already? Does it ever really make the tiniest bit of difference in the fight or whether or not you watch it?

Here's a clue kiddos. Advertising and marketing in every single industry in the world can be anywhere from slightly misleading to flat out blatant lies. It is the way it is and all the complaining about it in the world won't change it.

you see theres the problem right there you are using the wrong termanology

Anderson "hammered" "murdered" "destroyed" Okami

he did not beat him

You have to remember the context of when your using the word for example I was playing footbal the other day and my team beat the other team so badly <====== sport context refering to a winner and a loser

I was at home the other ight and I beat the hell out of my kid <======= social context where there is no winner or loser

silva beat okami, but lost to okami.

silva won the fight, but okami got the win.

Archived